2006 Rumors

Skippy

Today screamscape.com updated with rumors for every paramount park! Looks like Paramount Parks likes to do things in pairs laugh.gif I summed up the rumors for ya' below!

Paramount Parks 2006 Rumors

Brought to you by screamscape.com

Paramount's Great America: SpongeBob SquarePants: Crash Course Boating School.

Paramount's Kings Island: SpongeBob SquarePants: Crash Course Boating School.

Paramount's Kings Dominion: Unknown coaster, possibly the Addams Family Reunion coaster.

Paramount's Carowinds: Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay water park expansion.

Paramount Canada's Wonderland: Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay water park expansion.

Screamscape has been pretty reliable in the past so these may very well be it! Please post thoughts, ideas, comments, and the latest rumors you've heard in the same fashion as I did wink.gif Thank you!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I can already say that 2006 is Boomerang Bay at Carowinds for sure. That ain't no mystery. I can also say this, Frenzoid's days are numbered and WhiteWater Falls may be doomed too. Bad thing is, I don't have to have employees feeding me this information neither. It is implied by parkfeedback.com

Not quite sure about the SpongeBob ride. If it's the same SpongeBob ride mentioned on the recent survey, I would doubt they would install it PKI. The Italian Job is billed as a "family" type coaster. The Spongebob ride looks to be in the same vein but intended for families with even younger children. And while PKI is a family park, this could be seen as caterering to them too much.

I think '06 could be the year for just some general park improvements.

PGA- needs to get something bigger and better, they have had two coasters removed in the past couple years and need something big to compensate. So bad choice in my opinion.

PKI- sounds like a fun little ride but from concepts it seemed like a wild mouse and we already got a mouse this year in the form of IJ:ST. I'd much rather see an additon of several kiddy flats like PC did and then maybe a huge huss flat and a couple of other smaller classic flats, kind of like Dollywood with the flat package and then an addition of a big coaster in '07.

PKD- sounds like the best of them all especially if it turns out to be a beemer. Only thing is is I think it will be smaller, less themed, slower, and not all indoors like everyone is expecting but still all in all seems like the best out of all the rumored additons.

PC- Sounds like a great idea and overall smart decision considering it brought more people in for PKI so it should hopefully do the same for PC.

PCW-same as PC.

Screamscape has been very accurate in the past...Also, How is IJST classified as a wildmouse?

Its not. Its just joking around that the way it is is very much like a wild mouse coaster with the sharp turns and not very tall and as I already posted in some other thread it is very similar to these new era of wild mouse coasters built by Maurer Söhne.

Pic

If you look at the pictures you can tell that these new generation mouse coasters and IJ:ST look fairly similar with overbanked turns and such.

Well then lets all hope that if we get SpongeBob SquarePants: Crash Course Boating School next year that it looks like Spinball Whizzer at Alton Towers (only indoor and with theming). IMO, a wild mouse, let alone spinning wild mouse, would offer enough of a difference in experience than ITST, that it that it could easily be installed at PKI with no problems wink.gif

Yeah I have been hearing PKI is taken out all the baby rides in HBL and adding new stuff like the Nick Carwash & that Spongebob Coaster and other kiddie rides like PKD's Nick space surfer.

I like PKD's rumor the most (it makes a lotta sense to me)if PKD does get the addams family I will be there no doubt I highly doubt it would be anything related to topgun or IJ:ST.

First of all, I doubt PKI will remove the "baby" rides in Hanna Barbera Land. While they will be rethemed to Nick characters, I doubt it will be any different than when they renamed several of the rides in Hanna Barbera Land back in 1998. What I think will happen is the Nickelodeon Theater will be lost to make room for a couple of new kiddie rides. Prinicipally, I think the Antique Cars will return in some form, themed to Nickelodeon. There may be a couple of other themed childrens rides placed back by the Slime Maze also, which I think will not be around much longer. We could also see another flat ride installed in the park somewhere in Coney Mall. I just hope that whatever the park installs, it increases the overall capacity of the park (ie a new ride not at the cost of an existing attraction(s).)

Yeah I think paramount will the Nick Expansion in 2006 as for PKD's rumor I can only hope and pray smile.gif

I totally agree. I mean, we all already know that the tiques are coming back next season and more than likely, they will be put in NC.

I'm wondering what's going on over in Coney Mall now. I was over that way after I got off work at 8 (watching IJST), and suddenly there's this mysterious steel sphere structure over by Fast Pitch were Flight Trainer was...

I am pretty sure it a new Eurobungee ride.

2006 Nick Expansion, Maybe. The Les Taxis will not be returning in any form. Why would they remove a ride that big just to reinstall it in a different location when they could have put Stunt Track somewhere else. If PKI gets a new car ride it will not be in 2006 or 2007.

In the Nick Expansion if they did create the Nickolodeon "Toon Pike" they could use some old Tique cars and re-theme them and use them in the ride (if you notice there are a few sitting behind by The Racer, you can seem them while you ride)

2006 Nick Expansion, Maybe. The Les Taxis will not be returning in any form. Why would they remove a ride that big just to reinstall it in a different location when they could have put Stunt Track somewhere else. If PKI gets a new car ride it will not be in 2006 or 2007.

Then tell me why the tiques are sitting in the back between Racer and Zepher, all covered with tarps?

Then tell me why the tiques are sitting in the back between Racer and Zepher, all covered with tarps?

KC trains are still lying around. That doesn't mean they are coming back.

KC trains are still around because two other paramount parks can use them for spare parts, not all the Tique cars are still around it only looked like about 6 were back there (from what I could see from The Racer). Certain toon pike cars could be made from old tique cars.

Screamscape is right about 50% of the time. The news is usually old. I find out info quicker by going to coasterbuzz. Then, about two days later, Screamscape posts the news that coasterbuzz already had.