2006 Rumors

Skippy

IJST was relatively "cheap" as far as coasters go, KI got a good bargain with the ride, we can expect bigger and better things in the years to come. KI is the #1 attended seasonal amusement park in the world and sales and attendance are booming.

I really hope screamscap is wrong, and no offense PKD, but I really want the Addams Family Coaster....give it to us! You guys can have the mission Impossible stunt show or soundwave. We want AF!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IJST was relatively "cheap" as far as coasters go, KI got a good bargain with the ride, we can expect bigger and better things in the years to come. KI is the #1 attended seasonal amusement park in the world and sales and attendance are booming.

I really hope screamscap is wrong, and no offense PKD, but I really want the Addams Family Coaster....give it to us! You guys can have the mission Impossible stunt show or soundwave. We want AF!!

I totally agree ^ WE WANT AF! smile.gif

Scooby Doo.....Im getting a vision.....The Addams family house on a spooky rivertown pond crawling with fog effects and the sounds of a B&M dive machine in the distance....god we can only hope....no matter what happens Im sure whatever PKI gets its going to be good.

as much as I would love to see a great "Adams family COASTER" I feel were going to see a departure of Hanna barbera land as we know it. Just hope PKI keeps those little rides for all of the kids out there!

and Yes I feel it will all be nickelodeon when the park opens. and there will be a new adult ride where flight commander was! and a new motion movie in paramount action theatre!

I had always assumed that the AF coaster was a B&M dive machine too... However, after looking at the web sight for the Euro Fighter, I think it looks pretty cool!

http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/english/Ger...P1_EuroF_E.html

I'd be somewhat concerned about the capacity, but the site lists riders-per-hour at around 1,100 (which probably means more like 750/rph in real-life operation...) I'm sure the price tag on the coaster itself is CONSIDERABLY lower than a B&M Dive Machine, so that leaves more $ to be spent on top-notch themeing.

Joel

By getting rid of Hanna Barbera Land, they are refering to the retheming of the current HBL into a larger Nick Central, similar to what Carowinds did this season. While a couple rides might be lost in the conversion, its a safe bet that most of the rides will stay.

Actually, I think going with a euro fighter for Addams Family would be a fantastic idea. Since they want the drop portion and station of the ride in the mansion, it would work far better than a B&M because the euro fighter has a vertical lift hill, and in addition to that it has a drop that's more than vertical(I forget the # of degrees)so it'd be quite a thrill! Also, if PKD is getting the attraction, that's a somewhat small area from the pictures I've seen, and it looks like a euro fighter could be contained in a small area based on its wild vertical turns. Likewise, I could see PKI fitting this in over by the pond in rivertown where the salt water circus once was. It would be a few years off I think, but if PKD gets it next year I'm sure it will be a success and prompt more versions to be installed. Though if PKI filled in a bit more of the pond to make that peninsula section that juts out a little larger, and put the mansion there, the line could go around back of the mansion, maybe past a small graveyard and dock(complete with a small sunken boat and light at the end)then come back around the porch to the front door and then enter the mansion, I think they could have an incredible queue line for it. And then the coaster portion could be in a graveyard off to the side of the house where the salt water circus once was. How cool would it be to walk down from behind the Eiffel Tower and see the cool foggy graveyard with cars darting around in it? Though I don't see it happening in the next couple of years, beyond that I think it's very possible, and would definetly be the perfect place for that ride.

DOUBLE WOW, well put Ryan wink.gif Like Scoob, I can really see this happening, just not anytime soon (hopes PKI is taking notes). Sadly, I have a feeling that another Paramount Park will be getting this first (hopefully it will be widespread like Scooby so everyone can enjoy, only we get the detailed version like PKD got with SDATHM) sad.gif

offtopic.gif

Also hopes the rocks under the IJST aren't permanent as they take from the park atmosphere thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Yeah, Ryan...great description. You definitely painted a great verbal picture!

And, FWIW...according to the web site, the first drop on the Euro Fighter is 97 degrees...actually steeper than straight down!

Unfortunately, I agree with everyone that thinks getting two heavily themed coasters in a row isn't very likely...but, this sounds like a great installation for a few years down the road!

Joel

Thanks for the comments guys! On a sidenote, wouldn't it be cool if you entered the mansion through the front door into the main hall of the Addams' mansion, and Gomez was standing on the staircase(animatronic figure)talking to guests before they entered a room on the left for the preshow? And you could have other family members like pop out of doors on the second floor occasionally, it could be really cool. But sadly I don't think we will see this attraction for some time, though it certainly seems PKD has a good shot at seeing it next year. But hey, I'm sure PKI has something nice picked out!

I wonder why so many people come to PKI? I guess it is in a good location.

The reason is it's the closest amusement park for a lot of people.

Next closest park to PKI (from "Cincinnati, Ohio", using Google Maps):

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (Louisville) - 2 hours

Holiday World (Santa Clause, Indiana) - 3 hours

Indiana Beach (Monticello, Indiana) - 3.5 hours

Cedar Point - 3.5 to 4 hours

Erieview Park (Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio) - 4 hours

Geauga Lake - 4 hours

Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, Illinois) - 6 hours

Six Flags St. Louis - 6 hours

Paramount's Kings Dominion - 9 hours

Busch Gardens Williamsburg - 10 hours

And yes, Cincinnati is in a great spot:

1 hour from Dayton and Wilmington

2 hours from Indianapolis

2 hours from Lima

2.5 hours from Portsmouth

3 hours from Marietta

Within 3 hours of several other small cities/towns (Wilmington, Chillicothe, Manchester, Georgetown, Washington Court House, Ripley, Russleville, Maysville, Kentucky, etc.)

4 hours from Pittsburgh

Addams Family would make a terrific family coaster, and the idea for a haunted mansion overlooking that lake would just look gorgeous to me.

just one thing-and this is my little crappy idea-if AFC would be built at PKI, could it be a spinning wild mouse? like the cars would be traversing through all of the rooms of the mansion, like SDATHM, but a lot faster with steep drops. i can imagine the car spinning so that it would be facing backwards, and then the ride pulls off a 90 degree drop...BACKWARDS...in TOTAL DARKNESS! add to it all this fog and strobe lights and, like, a rock n' roll version of AF theme song, and animatronics of the family, complete with Cousin It and Lurch.

or maybe thats another one of my crazy ideas...

jerry.gif

The Adams Family Coaster is a great idea, but i doubt we see back to back family coasters. Therefore 2006 will be an expansion of Nick Central and I am looking for a Super Saturator to go in. That would be the perfect ride to anchor a Nick expansion, plus they offer great thrills for both riders and watchers at a low cost.

I look for 2007 to be either a new thrilling Huss Giant Ride (Jump2) or a new non-family coaster. cowboy.gif

Beast Slayer 07

Great Ideas! I hear that lurch will welcome guests into the mansion while other guests are having a preshow going with Thing and up in the attaic Fester will be telling guests about to board about his new invention and when the ride is over the coaster will go into a small part of the addams graveyard..where the whole addams clan will be waiting for the guests and will welcome them into there Family then the coaster will go back up into the attic to get more ''family members''!...

I cant wait I really hope paramount is smart and does build this soon!

Ahhh the Nick Space surfer is a good ride... Theres one at pkd and its cool! It pulls up really high and spin you and you get to fly the cars... Its some what thrilling flying up 100ft high! laugh.gif