2006 Rumors

Skippy

I've only been on Vekoma's version...I'd imagine B&M is better (just because they are better at pretty much everything.) However, even though B&M and Vekoma calls them different things, and they load very differently, the actual ride "flight" experience is somewhat similar (at least when you're on the bottom of the track on a Vekoma). Does the B&M version ride both sides of the track as well?

Yes, Scream, Dominator, and Hydra are cool.... However, aren't they all considered "Floorless" as opposed to "Flying"?

Joel

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I have no clue what happened to my post but...If there is one attraction/ride I wanna see happen it's the Addams Family Reunion Coaster I hope paramount works something out because I know its fairly easy to get the rights to the addams.

• 1 month later...

I talked to a few of my supervisors about the 2006 rumors and, although they had to keep things 'hush-hush', they did tell me that all of the HB kiddie rides are being re-themed to Nick rides. Unfortunately, they couldn't say if the rumored new rides (SpongeBob dark ride, Nick Carwah) are to be made.

Well, here's what TRexRage1993 at the other PKI fansite (the last time I mentioned the websites name my post was deleted) has to say about the upcoming Nickelodeon Central expansion:

Okay I just want to know how do you all feel about Spongebob SquarePants:Mrs.Puffs Crash Course Boating School? would you ride it? I hear if PKI does get it..it wont be like SDATHC but along the lines of the Enchanted Voyage but as a mild coaster ride and highly themed...so tell me what you think and tell what other nicktoon rides you want to see.

And the followup to the original post...

Well great ready because 2 NEW rides will be going into Nick Central but I wont muck up the surprise but be prepared for an over haul,re-themes and new paint jobs on HBL. Also you all can expect more NICK themed events like the upcoming Nick or Treat and the Nicktoons Christmas Tree lot,Nick Parade for next year.

Another description of Crash Course Boating School...

Yup you get to drive your very own boatmobile all over spongebob's town and you will have many encounters w/ characters from the TV show.

He lost me on that last one. Now I'm one of the people who believes this guy 100% because he has been very reliable in the past! He has predicted (known?) the past few years worth of rides and has never lied to us, so to me, this is probably the most creditable source besides PKI themselves!

So now onto the PKD IJST thingy:

user posted image

IMO, PKD deserves to get this ride as it's unfair that we had to get it and they received something good instead of it, so it's their turn to suffer. Also, adding another IJST would be the biggest mistake since Kingda Ka. Why build something that's not going to work? Overall, I'm calling it as a fake. So what does this mean? It means we don't know any more than what I first posted at the begining of this thread laugh.gif

I have been on the 2 flying Vekomas and there was nothing about them that I like. They wasn't fun or thrilling and was mostly uncomfortable.

I'd have to disagree. X-Flight is very fun and extremly smooth and comfortable in my opinion. I'd also venture at a risk to myself and say that I enjoyed X-Flight much more to the B&M flier of Superman. I found Superman very comfortable and smooth but it was extremly boring, it barely did anything; X-Flight is at least 5 times more exciting in my opinion. That's right, I said it the Vekoma beats the B&M in this situation.

^^ I think he means during the ride you will have encounters with Squidward,Patrick,Mr.Krabs,Sandy etc.... I read a lot over at the other PKI site and I gotta admit this guy is good he was right about the IJ:ST and Delirium, and SDATHC so I hope we do get that spongebob dark ride it would be a great way to replace the old cars. biggrin.gif

^No their not! Their receiving the Addams Family Reunion Coaster wink.gif Here's the real poster:

Below you see my photoshopped Addams Family Coaster Poster.

user posted image

I bet you people will jump to conclusions and start rumors.

This picture was leaked and PKD covered it up with the IJST fake to throw us off!

Here I go lying to get attention, kudos if your reading this.

^^Thanks for clearing that up GigglingGreenGhost! He confused me because he mentioned "driving" your own boatmobile around Bikini Bottom, which reminded me more of a Rugrats Toonpike type ride than a coaster laugh.gif It sounds great to me, but waiting to find out what the mystery ride is, is killing me!

Don't tell anyone and keep this to yourself, it's a secret.

^^^I agree completely with thejoker8388 on this. Vekoma sure does know how to make a flyer and I never once had a bad experience on X-Flight! Now if only X-Flight would receive some magnetic brakes like Borg did, then it would probably be one of the smoothest most comfortable Vekomas ever.

Sorry for the double post but as PKIBeast said, PKD will be receiving an IJST clone for the 2006 season (confirmed on today's In The Loop)! So here's the updated list:

Paramount's Great America: Crash Course Boating School. Unconfirmed

Paramount's Kings Island: Crash Course Boating School. Semi-Confirmed

Paramount's Kings Dominion: Italian Job Stunt Track. Confirmed

Paramount's Carowinds: Boomerang Bay water park expansion. Semi-Confirmed

Paramount Canada's Wonderland: Boomerang Bay water park expansion. Unconfirmed

Here's more from TRexRage1993 on our upcoming Nick Expansion:

It's a coaster but PKI may not get Crash Course(wink *wink)...PKI will be going public in coming weeks so keep your ears to the ground!

Last I heard SB3D wont be returning for the 2006 season I hear a new ACTION/ADVENTURE movie will open up next year.

Now I'm confused again. What was that wink for? Are we getting it or not? Well, at least were getting something new in the Action FX Theater, hopefully on both sides.

Kings Island is making too much family rides! Pki needs more thrills! biggrin.giflaugh.gifwink.gifsmile.gif

Yes i would like to see that but i wouldnt want PKI to be like CP with too many thrill rides and a crappy kids park. It would be nice if they could keep up they're record of the best kids area and somehow build more thrill rides and take Cp's place as the best theme park in the US. But that is only a dream and i am sure it will never happen.

Glad to hear you boys agree with me..this is a LONG shot but I think when SDATHC gets taken out it will be replaced by SMURFS!...Why you ask? Because Paramount will be going to great distances to hype the upcoming smurf movies so in 2008 I'd say expect to see papa smurf and crew strolling around PKI to hype the release of the first movie.

''but I'm worried how it will look with a gap on our record I also think Sponge Bob will be better than the Italian Job, the ride and it's theming''

I hear ya loud and clear I think if we do get Spongebob Squarepants:Mrs.Puff's Crash Course Boating School it will be a HUGE hit because last I heard the theming was all out and with bubbles ,mist,and guests getting sprayed with water the ride would also have the spongebob characters we all know and love like Mrs.Puff..Squidward...Patrick Star...Sandy Cheeks..Larry Lobster... Mr.Krabs..Plankton...Jellyfish all over the ride...I also did hear the que would be outta this world theme wise.

Yet another update! So words going round that PCW will indeed be getting the long anticipated Mission Impossible Stunt Spectacular and this leaves more questions like, will the rest of the Paramount Park chain be getting this (I sure hope so, as this was one of my favorite concepts)?

I would definitely keep my ears to the ground as you can expect an announcment VERY soon wink.gif

Well, it's official... Paramount Canada's Wonderland is getting:

Mission: Impossible Stunt Spectacular

New F/X Theater Show (based on a blockbuster Hollywood movie)

Nickelodeon Celebration Parade

See this link for promo video: http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/shop/sho...season_pass.cfm

Thought you guys would like to know, it may or may not relate to anything that PKI will get.

Yeah, Canada's Wonderland has been getting a nice variety of attraction over the last few years. They have done much better since the Paramount acquisition, I think. The last time I was there, this year, they still had the Hanna-Barbera characters walking the park. Also, they have their own Canadian television show characters as well as the Nickelodeon ones.

speaking of '06 rumors.. just have a question.... how many of you really knew (solid) about rumors such as WinterFest before it was announced. I mean really, some of you who work at the park- were you really in the dark as to why misc locations had Christmas decor on them in June and why various locations were Christmas-y decorated during fear fest last fall?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic as facial and tone expression are difficult to relay in email/computer form- but I'm just curious. I knew of the 99% possibility of Winterfest in April only because I know someone who works in the Park adm offices and they had been working on the advertising for it all spring. I have no affiliation with the park at all (other than being a repeat visitor)- but I was just curious if those rumors are really so tight-lipped that regular employees do not catch wind of them prior to press conference announcements.

As I said, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, really- i'm just curious.

I expect that Canada's Wonderland's attendance will be even higher next year. Why? Because Bush has decided that you have to have a visa to visit Canada and vice versa. I'm sure the Canadians are not going to be as willing to come to american parks now that they will have the added expense.

Wow that was off-topic. "... Bush has decided that you have to have a visa ..."

Sounds like someone is just a tad bitter. By the way, you won't need a visa to travel between the U.S. and Canada, just a simple passport. Also, it wasn't "Bush" that did it (as people love to put it all on the President), it was the Department of Homeland Security as part of their restructuring to secure the borders. The Government of Canada supports the idea and are planning similar requirements (last I checked they aren't run by the Bush administration).

Another thing, you won't have to have a passport to travel by air between the two countries until December 31, 2006. For land crossings it isn't required until December 31, 2007.

Check the facts first before just blowing off steam like that.