2006 Rumors

Skippy

I expect that Canada's Wonderland's attendance will be even higher next year.  Why?  Because Bush has decided that you have to have a visa to visit Canada and vice versa.  I'm sure the Canadians are not going to be as willing to come to american parks now that they will have the added expense.

offtopic.gifjerry.gif ^I agree PKIbeast I cant stand him (because of this worthless war and all the stupid crap he is doing ..is it 2008 yet?) I dont support him at all!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New F/X Theater Show (based on a blockbuster Hollywood movie)

ohmy.gif Yeah It's Shrek 4D! wink.gif

Are you serious? I hate that ride dry.gif

Anyway, here's a follow up to my post on Mission Impossible Stunt Spectacular.

user posted image

As previously posted, it is indeed coming to PCW for the 2006 season (Oh yeah! Who called it?). It's funny how in that video they used footage from the Police Acadamy Stunt Show at WB Movie World. We'll, here's a link to the official press release:

http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/news/det...cfm?item_id=221

Some details from the article includes that the show is slated for a May opening, which will coincide with the opening of Paramount Pictures’ Mission: Impossible 3, and that PCW is building a brand new 2,500 seated theater for this show. This is a limited engagement! Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like it will be a traveling stunt show like Tomb Raider was, if so, that sucks!

this should be interesting... a park enthusiast site debating politics. I'm not going to say much on this because it is wayyyyy off topic. But I find it so interesting that 99% of the US on 09/12/2001 said "GO GET 'EM"... we're tired of screwing with Saddam.... "get him." what has changed so much in 4 years? Read the history books, the Revolutionary War (7yrs) was not a popular option, the Civil War (6 yrs) was not a popular option, getting involved in WW 1 (8 yrs)and WW2 (5 yrs) was very unpopular... until WE were attacked. During the Cold War (50 yrs)and the Cuban Missile Crisis, protesters picketed outside the Kennedy White House with "Better 'Red' than dead" signs ("red" being another word for Communist). Any time there's a loss of life it's never popular... unless we are the ones that get broad-sided- then it's time to kick @##... and do it fast because in a "quick-fix" society we need to have our wars over in days or it will lose our unwavering support.

New F/X Theater Show (based on a blockbuster Hollywood movie)

ohmy.gif Yeah It's Shrek 4D! wink.gif

Are you serious? I hate that ride dry.gif

No I was messing around rolleyes.gif but truth be told I have heard that Jimmy Neutrons:Nicktoon blast may turn up in paramount parks soon.

Seems as if the guys behind the Mission: Impossible Stunt Show are also the same group behind some of the best stunt shows/attractions in the world (Waterworld, Back to the Future, Templo del Fuego), so MI:SS has to be good. It also sounds like each Paramount Park will get this show as it seems to be a traveling stunt show.

The Jimmy Neutron ride is a big flop. I rode it last year at USF, and it is one big flop. The old Hanna-Barbera ride was WAY better than this.

The Jimmy Neutron ride is a big flop. I rode it last year at USF, and it is one big flop. The old Hanna-Barbera ride was WAY better than this.

Amen.

laugh.gif But seriously, I've heard we'll be getting the Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, and that Universal would reinstall The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera attraction. Although, I was hoping it would be the other way around!

I didn`t think it was that bad. I did think that the beginning was a little weak, ad the plot overall was rather weak. But I thought it was a cool concept, and mentioned several of the top Nick shows, which might be an incentive to introduce it at the Paramount Parks. Only time will tell what the next movie in the FX Theater will be.

Who do you think came up with homeland security? Bush. I was wrong about visa, but passport, yes. At any rate, it will still cost the Canadians time and money. I'm not blowing off steam, I'm stating the facts.

Passports and travel - it's kind of an understood thing in Canada. They don't make a big deal about things like, "It's going to cost more because now I have to have a passport." They are used to all the taxes up there and they'll get used to this one. I'm a Canadian, and I can tell you that it will not stop the majority of travelers. My entire family has passports even though we don't really do foreign travel.

I don't understand the tendancy for people to blame everything on the President. These are the same people who only vote every four years and don't vote for the people that really make the decisions (Congressmen, Mayors, Senators, City Council, etc). Then they blame Bush for the potholes in the street, the price of gas, etc.

Amusement parks and the tourism industry in general will not be hurt by the change. In all the news I've read about immigration and customs, I haven't heard this view, except on this forum, obviously it's not much to be concerned about.

Sorry for being long winded but it's a pet peeve of mine.

I expect that Canada's Wonderland's attendance will be even higher next year.  Why?  Because Bush has decided that you have to have a visa to visit Canada and vice versa.  I'm sure the Canadians are not going to be as willing to come to american parks now that they will have the added expense.

offtopic.gifjerry.gif ^I agree PKIbeast I cant stand him (because of this worthless war and all the stupid crap he is doing ..is it 2008 yet?) I dont support him at all!

Is this a forum for politics? No. Keep your political views to yourself a$$ wipe instead of making yourself look like a dumb a$$! Atleast PKIBeast had something intelligent to say.

Is this a forum for politics? No. Keep your political views to yourself a$$ wipe instead of making yourself look like a dumb a$$! Atleast PKIBeast had something intelligent to say.

Dont me laugh! laugh.gif Hey not everyone loves bush Combat...I hate the man myself he has screwed the middle class and the poor I was just agreeing with PKIbeast me and him see eye 2 eye.

Nicktoon Blast was ok I liked seeing some of the old classics like Rocko,Ahh real monsters etc.

Dont me laugh! laugh.gif Hey not everyone loves bush Combat...I hate the man myself he has screwed the middle class and the poor I was just agreeing with PKIbeast me and him see eye 2 eye.

Nicktoon Blast was ok I liked seeing some of the old classics like Rocko,Ahh real monsters etc.

Could you please elaborate as to how President Bush "screwed" the middle class and the poor? Really, I'd love to hear. Oh, and outsourcing jobs doesn't count, since President Clinton signed the bill that allowed corporations to do that. But please, tell me how President Bush ruined your life, I'd love to hear you say something that's actually more than just whining, since you know it really just makes my day and everyone else's to hear political banter, or more specifically a whiny liberal, on a PKI fan site.

^Amen to that Ryan. This isnt a site for politics, and if your gonna complain about politics make sure you know what your talking about first gigglinggreenidiot. I've had many political discussions with PKIBeast and atleast he has a good head on his shoulders.

As for a possible Nick Expansion, I really hope they fix up kiddy land and make it look extraordinarily nice. Some of the older rides like the HB carousel and Boo Boo's Baggage claim are starting to look crudy. The HB carousel has a nasty tarp over it and half the lights are out, Fenderbender 500 has paint chipped away everywhere and looks really run down, Hucks Hot Rods has holes all over its tarp and most of th e long lights on the supports are extinguished.

Could you please elaborate as to how President Bush "screwed" the middle class and the poor? Really, I'd love to hear. Oh, and outsourcing jobs doesn't count, since President Clinton signed the bill that allowed corporations to do that. But please, tell me how President Bush ruined your life, I'd love to hear you say something that's actually more than just whining, since you know it really just makes my day and everyone else's to hear political banter, or more specifically a whiny liberal, on a PKI fan site.

^^you guys are funny! I can see when people say they dislike bush.. it really ruffles your guys feathers but if you must know why I dislike your pres NOT MINE...then I will tell..pres Bush messed up a lotta peoples lives by having this worthless war where so many young men and women are dying yet there isnt a reason why we are in war.

He screwed middle and lower america over by YES taking away jobs making taxes higher he lied about so so many things and yet stupid people will still follow him over a bridge!

He's the reason why gas is so high and dont tell me less because bush is an oil man.

Now Combatdork listen up I know who you are you work at ..The Beast and your first name is ronny I know because I work with you! I know you are in favor of bush and thats fine but I'm not and the reason why we are speaking of this is because you got p*ssed off at my comments I was agreeing with PKIbeast he knows his stuff.

Bush Lied and you know it!.. in my own opinion Bush is by far the worst president ever!

Make note of this, the next person to talk about political issues on this thread will be banned from PKIC for an undetermined period time! The reasons being are your way off topic, you disturbing the peace that the PKIC staff works hard to upkeep, and your in the wrong forum for this particular discussion. If you really feel the need to argue about politics, continue to due so via PM/Email wink.gif

Make note of this, the next person to talk about political issues on this thread will be banned from PKIC for an undetermined period time! The reasons being are your way off topic, you disturbing the peace that the PKIC staff works hard to upkeep, and your in the wrong forum for this particular discussion. If you really feel the need to argue about politics, continue to due so via PM/Email wink.gif

Yes sounds fair good call skippy! wink.gif

^^you guys are funny! I can see when people say they dislike bush.. it really ruffles your guys feathers but if you must know why I dislike your pres NOT MINE...then I will tell..pres Bush messed up a lotta peoples lives by having this worthless war where so many young men and women are dying yet there isnt a reason why we are in war.

He screwed middle and lower america over by YES taking away jobs making taxes higher he lied about so so many things and yet stupid people will still follow him over a bridge!

He's the reason why gas is so high and dont tell me less because bush is an oil man.

Now Combatdork listen up I know who you are you work at ..The Beast and your first name is ronny I know because I work with you! I know you are in favor of bush and thats fine but I'm not and the reason why we are speaking of this is because you got p*ssed off at my comments I was agreeing with PKIbeast he knows his stuff.

Bush Lied and you know it!.. in my own opinion Bush is by far the worst president ever!

Worthless war? Try telling that to the dead children laying int he streets who died from Saddam Husseins nerve gas attacks. High Gas prices Bush's fault? How so? You just say but offer no proof. He took away jobs? No outsourcing began when president Clinton signed the bill to allow it. We can keep talking over PM but I agree, no more political banter on this topic.

Nick Central Expansion...woot!

Your political beleifs have nothing to do with what's coming in 2006. Any more problems with people making stupid political comments that have absolutely nothing to do with PKI will be banned. Regardless of which side you're on, don't EVER junk up my forums again or you'll be gone forever.

Closing...