2006 Rumors

Skippy

Unknown New Attraction - Demolition In Progress - (5/4/05) One of our good sources has confirmed that the Addams Family project is in limbo right now so we shouldn’t expect to see it anytime soon at any of the Paramount Parks. So I guess we’re still no closer to knowing for sure just what is in store for PKD, though the early word on Italian Job at PKI and PCW is that it’s one hell of a fun ride, and we know PKD often gets similar attractions to whatever PKI gets-ScreamScape

Addams Family Project in limbo ? So I guess this means the project is at a halt(but still alive) and not really moving forward I hope and pray paramount does something quickly.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I could have told you that scoob, paramount is still working out the kinks and bits but dont worry you will see the an addams family ride someday right now it look as if you wont see it until 2009-2010 or later ..PKI will most likely be the first to get this attraction.

I hear it's both.. paramount has exclusive rights to the addams family movies and new cartoon they were awarded the rights in 1991 and still to this day hold those rights so yes they can and will build an attraction they have the concept they want to use the only thing holding the project back is MGM.MGM holds the rights to the classic addams TV show and the reason the project is halted is because of the name,paramount is working on this issue Iam sure paramount will resolve this matter quickly I have faith in paramount lets hope in the end paramount park guests will be happy.

I think MGM licensing issue is the big reason why you will not find a Adams Family coaster at any Paramount Park. I think MGM whats to much money to use the name Adams Family which they still own. Paramount just had the rights to make the movies with MGM at the time.

Sorry no Adams coaster. sad.gif

How about that Flying Tilt Coaster rolleyes.gif

I think MGM licensing issue is the big reason why you will not find a Adams Family coaster at any Paramount Park. I think MGM whats to much money to use the name Adams Family which they still own. Paramount just had the rights to make the movies with MGM at the time.

Sorry no Adams coaster. sad.gif

How about that Flying Tilt Coaster rolleyes.gif

^No your so wrong ... paramount has EXCLUSIVE rights to the addams they are the main license agent they hold and have had it since 1991 when when paramount bought the rights from charles addams(he created the addams) to make the movie(s) and the new cartoon the only thing holding the project back is MGM they own the rights to the old tv show and MGM wants paramount to pay them for the name in other words they want paramount to by the rights to the TV show which a good source has told me paramount is very well in the process of doing that.Paramount wants to do the addams attraction thats why they delayed the project and didnt just can it so you will see an addams ride as soon as this license non-sense is over with.

I hear it's both.. paramount has exclusive rights to the addams family movies and new cartoon they were awarded the rights in 1991 and still to this day hold those rights so yes they can and will build an attraction they have the concept they want to use the only thing holding the project back is MGM.MGM holds the rights to the classic addams TV show and the reason the project is halted is because of the name,paramount is working on this issue Iam sure paramount will resolve this matter quickly I have faith in paramount lets hope in the end paramount park guests will be happy.

Yee-Haw! biggrin.gif I really hope paramount works something out if this MGM rights thing is whats going on I would plan a trip to PKI or any paramount park if they built that addams coaster or ride.

that super saturator looks and sounds like a really great idea. if they do put that in at PKI, it would have to replace water maze. im guessing that 2006 would be the year of some water-themed kids attraction in Nick Central, like Car Wash, Super Saturator, or SpongeBob Crash Course.

or we could see another thrill ride/family ride combo like in 2003 with Delirium/SDATHC. Maybe we can get another flat ride and some addition to Nick Central. and then in 2007 we get...ADDAMS FAMILY COASTER!!

jerry.gif

^ I wouldnt doubt that I hear paramount is going after this addams rights thing very aggressively they really want to build a ride themed to the addams in there parks just think if PKI was the only paramount park to have that addams coaster...it would bring in big big big money for the park.

For them to buy the t.v. shows rights, it wouldhave to show more profit than just a themed rollercoaster. Maybe so they can play it on Nick at Nite maybe, but not just for a coaster.

It's already on Nick@Nite and Tvland! MGM had them delay the project because of the name also paramount also got the rights to 1940's comics when they did the first movie this coaster that is in the works isnt themed nor has anything to do with old tv show but MGM wants money for the TV show rights..got it..good.

WE can only hope they get the legal kinks worked out!!! That will be one awseome ride come 2007 for 2006 I see no more hanna barbera land and 1 or 2 attractions added nothing taken out of the kids land though all just re-themed! and that will be great I do hope the flagship park gets the addams coaster!!! wow!

Iam betting paramount will get this matter done with quick for one paramount wanted to and most likely still will theme a High tech Coaster/Dark ride to the movies they made in which they most certainly have the rights to all this fuss is over the the name(addams family)MGM is known for being greedy anyone remember the Austin Powers:Goldmember grudge match between Mike Myers and MGM?...and yes for those of you still wondering Paramount paid money to have Bond in Action FX theater.

MGM is known for being greedy anyone remember the Austin Powers:Goldmember grudge match between Mike Myers and MGM?...and yes for those of you still wondering Paramount paid money to have Bond in Action FX theater.

Although, in fairness, Disney took them to the cleaners over the whole Disney/MGM Studios deal, so I'm sure MGM is making sure they always get their fair share now.

I believe "Outer Limits" was also an MGM media property...

Joel

Yeah Paramount will mostly likely have to pay MGM to use the addams name thats why I expect that attraction to be the next big thing. wink.gif

Disney did get'em good and your right they only want paramount to pay for the rights.

I think come 2006 PKI will be seeing more Nick rides,games etc. as for 2007 I really have no clue at this point in time.

Just some quick facts about The Addams Family Movie:

The Addams' Mansion was specifically constructed for this film at a cost of over $100,000.

New members of the Family mentioned are: Uncle Midnight, Aunt La Borgia, Cousin Retch, Uncle Imar, Uncle Atlas, Great Aunt Lavinia Great Aunt Calpurnia and Cousin Balthazar, all buried in the Family cemetery at the back of the house. Gomez and Fester's parents were killed by an angry mob they are buired in the cemetery Fester's pet vulture, Muerto, is also buried in the cemetery(you can see the Gravestone of Festers vulture at PKI in the Paramount Story section of the park)

I wonder if or when Paramount builds this addams attraction if any of the references from the movies will be in the ride verison like the moose with antlers that move hanging in the study,the swordfish with the human leg in its mouth hanging in the study as well, The stuffed Bear that roars in the study,The Bear skin rug that attacks guests,the grave stones w/ family names in the cemetery and most coolest things of all Cosuin IT and Thing I wonder how paramount will pull this ride off I cant wait and I really want to see this attraction like most of you.

^ That would rock dont forget about the addams family swamp and pugsleys pet octopus and the pet lion KITTY! I really hope PKI builds this because I would spend my money at the park more if they had addams merch and make very long special trips to PKI just to ride it!

Hey ghost I got some cool fact as well from IMDB!

Director Barry Sonnenfeld had not originally planned to use the theme music from the television series in the movie. He included it in the opening sequence after positive reactions to the early trailer, which included the theme.

Production began at Orion, which owned the rights to the Filmways TV library and hence the 1960s TV series. However, during production, Orion's financial troubles (that ultimately led to the studio's demise) began. Paramount bought the rights and finished the production.( Paramount does INDEED owns the rights!)

The Addams' house was built for 100,000 dollars.(I wonder if it would cost that much to build the Addams mansion at a Paramount Park as a coaster or darkride?)

Writer Paul Rudnick did rewrites on the film and subsequently wrote the sequel, Addams Family Values (1993).

Uncle Fester lighting up the bulb with his mouth is an homage to the original TV series, in which he does the same thing.

Several scenes reference original Charles Addams illustrations, most notably: the introduction sequence, the passenger on Gomez's toy train and Pugsley with the road sign.

Bruno Kirby offered his fat-suit from The Godfather: Part II (1974) to Christopher Lloyd in order to play Uncle Fester.

The film had an opening weekend of $25 million.

Producer Scott Rudin got the idea of doing the movie after ferrying various leading executives around in a van one day. One of them spontaneously started humming the theme tune to "The Addams Family" (1964), only for the rest of the van's occupants to start the singing the lyrics. This led Rudin to believe that there was sufficient residual interest and memory of the show and cartoon for him to attempt a feature film.

The name Wednesday is a reference to the Mother Goose poem, "Wednesday's child is full of woe".

In response to your signature Scooby Doo. I have a feeling we are likely to see a variation of one of your choices at the park next year. Especially since the potential ride vehicles are already in the park, if you know where to look. Personally, I think it would be a great idea to bring this ride back into the park! Hopefully, in addition to the rumored Nick expansion/renovation, we will also get another flat ride (in Coney Mall!).

I too think it would be a cool concept, and it would be the second time that PKI has "saved" a classic ride and rethemed it to a Nick show and renovated it for future generations to enjoy. While it would not be the same Antique Cars setting, I still think it could end up being an enjoyable ride for people of all ages to ride. Only time will tell what in fact is the fate of the cars.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm suggesting something like a flyinf roller coaster like PGA has Stealth. Or would that be to big of a ride for PKI to build. I dont think that they should tear down any of the old coasters even though i think Top Gun could be next. That would be sad. But i think PKI should build something big and bad for 07 or 08 like the flying coaster or a hypercoaster IDK what do u guys think.

PGA no longer has Stealth...it was moved to Carowinds last season, given a Star Trek theme, and renamed "Borg" something or other...

I think flying coasters are a fad that's probably near its end...these things seem to go in phases. (I mean, how many new stand-ups are being built right now?)

Joel

Actually, Steath/Borg is a lay down coaster built by Vekoma while Superman Ultimate Flight at SFoG is a flying coaster by B&M. Personally, I prefer the flying coaster over the laydown coaster.

I wonder if or when Paramount builds this addams attraction if any of the references from the movies will be in the ride verison like the moose with antlers that move hanging in the study,the swordfish with the human leg in its mouth hanging in the study as well, The stuffed Bear that roars in the study,The Bear skin rug that attacks guests,the grave stones w/ family names in the cemetery and most coolest things of all Cosuin IT and Thing I wonder how paramount will pull this ride off I cant wait and I really want to see this attraction like most of you.

I had an idea about this bearskin rug. If they decide to make this Addams Family Attraction a B&M dive machine they could really pull of some good special effects. First of all make the train a floorless dive machine, then as it travels through the study part of the mansion, someone warns that the bearskin rug attacks....... unsure.gif suddenly feelers attach themselves to the guest's legs ohmy.gif and the train makes a narrow escape before continuing to the rest of the ride. I think this could be a good first scene.