PKI 4/29. IJST Rollback!

Player

I got in the IJST line tonight. My girl and i walked into the loading area, the pretty blond said there was room for 2 in the back of the train. I said no thanks i want to wait for the front! Two train wait for the front. My girl and i boarded, i took the drivers side. Its cool how the doors swing. After they said clear i put my arms up and the launch sucked actually something happened to the lims and we only made it half way around the first curve of the upward helix. We rolled back to the straightaway and had to wait to be pushed back into the station. We then got out while they did a test run. We then boarded the 2nd train.

During the launch i thought i was on TTD................maybe not,lol.

The launch is not bad, it is intense going up the upward helix. After we went through the police car scene and came back around i got insane aitime before i got to the helicopter scene. The helicopter scene was boring, but the fire warmed us up. It should have been real gunfire. After the brief pause we launched into the tunnel. It was cool being dark and stuff. Then we dove into the unexpected splashdown, and got air time there as well.

I felt no fishtailing, no vibrations in the tunnel.

The speed felt faster due to it only being 40' tall at the most. The overbank was cool.

All in all its a fun ride, i was impressed. Now i get to go ride TTD next weekend:)

Yes, I rode it tonight too. I thought it was an incredibly fun ride. I`m sure it will be a hit with guests! Yes, I did not notice any rumbling effects tonight. The tunnel was completly dark except for right before the blast through the sign, which means the tunnel is completly disorienting! Jeff Siebert was by the ride all night. Despite the weather forecasts, the weather was pretty nice, with only two brief showers, one around 5:30 and one around 9:15. The crowds were non existant! II got 25 rides in during the time I was there. I just wish I could have ridden IJST again, having only gotten one Speed land ticket, I could only ride once since that is the way they did the technical rehearsal. And, they will try and fill the trains to capacity because tonight they were placing groups of three, single riders and and odd pairings together to maximize capacity. One problem was that they haven`t identified the six lanes yet (you will be given a number for your row in which you will sit) so there was a worker identifying the rows (1 is the front of course and 6 is the back).

All in all I had a blast riding it, and I got off wanting to ride it again! I sense another hit at both PKI and PCW!

I was there tonight. Actually ended up riding it 3 times. I can already see the lines are going to be VERY bad on this ride. Was only running 2 trains and a third would have helped but I don't think it will be enough on a busy day.

Now the ride itself. I love the trains the doors are a really nice touch. I am not a huge fan of the massive LIM fins on the sides of the trains though it really destroys the looks of the train but I understand why they did it. It was cool to see working headlights and taillights on the cars. The fire effect was nice but there was no flames on the right side of the track. The tunnel after the helicopter scene is amazing. The whole thing is full of fog and I loved sitting in the last car seeing the headlights and taillights in the fog. This is another ride you just have to ride it in the dark. The lights on the cop cars, the fire effects, the trains lights etc it all really stands out at night.

No sirens, no fishtail that I could tell at least, no stair effects. Although the first time I rode the ride around 6:30 I felt the seat shaking a little at the start. But I did not notice the effect the other two times I rode it.

If you can't tell I enjoyed the ride smile.gif I heard several comments on it being the best ride in the park and heard a few about people who wanted to ride it over again.

I missed the rollback but I could see it happening I understand it has occurred on Flight of Fear before.

Got 2 rides - before 6 pm, and another around 9 pm. Can't wait until all the effects are running, and so far what's there is great!

I'm wondering why the heck they had to check height in the station, when they could've done so at the greeter stand - again I keep saying that these delays will really add up!

According the Siebert, the fishtailing was working tonight, but the turbulance from the steps wasn't.

the fish tailing sucks then. SoB fishtails more.

It's a brand new spring mechanism, it'll loosen up over time.

Anybody else get a roll back? I was cheering, while everyone else on the ride had no idea what was going on,lol. After you went through the police cars and back around i got insane airtime!

I only got one ride on it around 6:15. Had I known they were still giving out the reservation tickets until 7:30, I would have gotten another one (or had I known they opened it up to anyone who wanted to ride it at 8:30, I would have rode it again. Does anyone know if they will only let the first 2,000 pass holders ride it tomorrow and Sunday for the technical rehearsals like they did today? Or will they let the gp, or pass holders that don`t get to the park right away ride it and use the first 2,000 pass holders who get the Speed lane you the fast pass lane, while the gp and other pass holders use the (Disney term) stand by lane?

Got five rides in total...we went and rode it with rickets and such, then as we were getting off for what I thought was the last time, the ride dude went around to everyone near the entrance and told us we were welcomed to ride...even though we had just gotten off of it! Jackpot!

"the fish tailing sucks then. SoB fishtails more."

Man, you are really clueless, aren't you. SOB fishtails more? The lesson learned here people is Drugs are Bad!

Man, haven't you noticed how each car of the train jiggles back and forth?

I got in the IJST line tonight.  My girl and i walked into the loading area, the pretty blond said there was room for 2 in the back of the train. I said no thanks i want to wait for the front!  Two train wait for the front.  My girl and i boarded, i took the drivers side.  Its cool how the doors swing.  After they said clear i put my arms up and the launch sucked actually something happened to the lims and we only made it half way around the first curve of the upward helix.  We rolled back to the straightaway and had to wait to be pushed back into the station.  We then got out while they did a test run.  We then boarded the 2nd train. 

During the launch i thought i was on TTD................maybe not,lol.

The launch is not bad, it is intense going up the upward helix.  After we went through the police car scene and came back around i got insane aitime before i got to the helicopter scene.  The helicopter scene was boring, but the fire warmed us up.  It should have been real gunfire.  After the brief pause we launched into the tunnel.  It was cool being dark and stuff. Then we dove into the unexpected splashdown, and got air time there as well.

I felt no fishtailing, no vibrations in the tunnel. 

The speed felt faster due to it only being 40' tall at the most.  The overbank was cool.

All in all its a fun ride, i was impressed.  Now i get to go ride TTD next weekend:)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

LOL. it's a fun ride but it's kind of boring. lol!