Have you ever lost anything at PKI?

PKIbabe89

The first time TR TR opened up, I wanted to ride it, and it was a good 2 in a half hour wait... I think. Once I got on the ride, I heard that they might lose things on the ride. I had my gold pass in my pants pocket and it slipped out during the ride. I got off and 10 minutes later, reached into my pocket to see if my pass was there for some reason and it was gone. I panicked so much. I couldn't go back to the ride and see if it was under the ground of the ride. I wonder now a days if it's still there or a worker picked it up. Luckily my mom helped me pay for a new one since it was accidental. Just thought I had to share!

My cell phone fell out of my pocket at some point when I was there 2 years ago. I used it at one point then 5 rides later I noticed it was gone. So I went to about 3 rides asking crew members if a cell had been found, then I had a moron-moment and remembered that I could just call my phone and see if anyone picked up. I did that from my friend's phone and a guy from the Flying Eagles staff answered. I was so relieved. Props to the Flying Eagles crew that year for looking out.

My little brother also lost his hat when we were little on The Racer. It's stupid to tell the story now, but my mom got us both identical tie-dye hats that would be completely ridiculous to wear today (we were like 12 and 11,but what did we care about style?) So we got on The Racer, and I slip mine on backwards, but my bro's got his all forward, probably with the bill all angled out at the best possible position to catch as much wind as possible, and after the first hill WHOOP it was gone. He cried for a while and I gave him mine since they were the same. He still has that hat and looking back on it now, it's about the geekiest thing I've ever seen.

Sorry to ramble, but my little brother (years later) lost another hat on The Racer (he's got issues). And he pointed it out to the crew and they said if he gave them his home address they'd mail it back. He did so, and we were like, "yeah right, they'll mail it back." Then about 9 months later when that hat is the last thing we'd ever think about, it shows up in the mail smashed in this envelop. It was the wrinkliest thing ever, but it was pretty cool that they actually kept their word on it. I think my brother still has that hat too. I'm done.

I actually left my check card in an ATM in Rivertown Friday night. I withdrew my cash, and walked off forgetting my card was still at the machine. As soon I discovered this problem (the next day), I went to guest relations and filled out a lost & found - but to be safe, I called my bank and they put a block on it, and they will be sending me a new card soon.

I lost a hat on Delirium last year. It was one of those one-size-fits-all hats with a velcro strap, and I had it on as tight as I could get it. It landed in the grassy area between Delirium and Days of Thunder Raceway. My sister and I asked a guy working at Days of Thunder if we could climb the fence to get it (stupid question of course), and were told we'd have to get security. It wasn't that big of a deal to me since I already had two other Bearcats hats and it wasn't my best hat, so I just decided to live without it. Of course, this year I have to wonder why I wasn't told to fill out a lost-and-found card or anything like that.

You had to pay? It says on the back that a replacement will be issued in this type of situation.

Really? i didn't realize that dry.gif

My friend, along time ago lost her giga pet keychain thing on the log flume, or now it's called Wild thorn berrie ride.

I lost my cell phone on one our employee ride nights back when I used to work there. I belive I lost it on Face/Off. Lesson learned don't ever wear kaki shorts on rides unless you have cargo kakis where you have a button to close your pocket. Pockets in kakis are a little more losser then jean shorts.

I lost my wallet once on The Vortex when i was 13 and was about to go insane because I was worried it fell out on The Vortex during the corckscrews (i have nightmares about losing things from my pockets on those things, everytime i ride) Luckily i dropped it in the que somewhere and a ride op picked it up and I filled out a report and picked it up later. I was really glad the employee was that honest (not that I assumed PKI employees would steal, but it was a lot of money and I was scared). PKI has really great people working for them (and Im not jsut saying that cause I got a job there) But Im really greatful for hwo nice the working enviroment seems to be.

I lost my hat on the Italian Job this weekend. It was my favorite hat too. sad.gif

I never understood why people just have to wear their most favorite hats or their most expensive sunglasses on a dang roller coast! If it means that much to you, then leave it at home or in the blasted car!