Annoying habits of guests

Oldiesmann

Guest kwindshawne
Another thing is when big groups of guests are walking slowly in the middle f the path.......that I can deal with, hey some people walk slow.....but then the whole group of people just stop. Whether its 20 teenagers, or 3 families with strolers and lots of kids, if your gonna stop to talk...go off to the side please!!! Last weekend a group of kids jsut stopped right in front of me and I walked into one of them and she was like "Excuse you!" and i just screamed "Dont stop in the middle of the path moron!" and she just stared and they all walked away. I dont like to do that but I get sick of it.

Everyone has a breaking point. So far, I've managed not to do that, but who can tell...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kwindshawne
People who fart in line should be corraled, brought into the dungeon at Scoobys Haunted Mansion, hosed off with a firehose, put on Top Gun to dry off, and then given a Scooby Doo cork for any future thoughts of expelling their breakfast fumes in my queue again.

That should work :D

People who fart in line should be corraled, brought into the dungeon at Scoobys Haunted Mansion, hosed off with a firehose, put on Top Gun to dry off, and then given a Scooby Doo cork for any future thoughts of expelling their breakfast fumes in my queue again.

According to South Park, if you hold in your farts you'll explode. But if you let them out too much it'll create massive pollution and global warming. We have to find a middle ground.

Guest kwindshawne

According to South Park, if you hold in your farts you'll explode. But if you let them out too much it'll create massive pollution and global warming. We have to find a middle ground.

Too funny

My number one pet peeve is people smoking in line or in the non-smoking areas. :angry:

I really don't have a problem with PG-13 level cussing. However, you should always take a look around you before you say something that could offend a parent. I do have a problem when people can't make it through a sentence without dropping the f-bomb 5 times, though.

I have major problems with couples who make out in public. They are equally as disgusting as the fat women in bikinis or spandex.

as said earlier, I hate the adding of the in ride names. I hate people that jump in line (it was horrible at Fearfest last year). I really really hate it when parents tell there kids to jump a rail to snap a picture of them ON the Tomb Raider statue or ON the grass clock. Errrrrrrr. I also hate those fat people in tight clothes. Or the large people that don't see if they fit in the model seats infront of TR:TR or Delirium.

At Cedar Point last week, this guy was talking and didn't see the line go forward. He turned and looked and then continued to talk without moving. The line was probably about 20 ft ahead of him.

The people who sit down on the closed restraints like on Vortex or Top Gun. Or the people who try to pull them up after the locked, cause they couldn't get it pulled up fast enough.

That's funny you should say that because the lady in front of me on Vortex did just that. As for what annoys me. I would have to go with this list in no order.

1. smoking in line. This coming from a smoker. Look I know how to use the designated areas why can't everyone else.

2. Basketballs I hate those things they should make the rims smaller so no one wins.

3. People that feel the need to elbow or kick you while on rides like Delirium and then act like it's your fault.

4. I am a slow walker I'll admit that I even have a limp but I hate it when big groups of people just stop right in front of you to talk when it's crowded and then get mad because you bumped them.

5. Line jumping I hate this so much I think I hate the people that "have to get up farther to their friends" the most because I've been almost run over by them so they can ride first because they had to go to the bathroom or get a drink. Look hold it or don't ride it's that simple I'm sure all of us have gotten in line only to find out we have to use the restroom I can only speak for myself but I usually hold it or leave the line then start the waiting process all over.

6. People who abuse the handicapped ride policy.

7. Overweight people wearing bikini tops and tight shorts. Look I'm not wanting to be mean and I have no issue with your weight if you're happy I just don't want to see it.

8. People who can't use the trash cans. I was in line for The Beast the other week when this guy who walked by the trash can decided it would be better to throw his empty beer cup on the ground.

9. I don't really have a problem with beer drinkers in line as long as they don't spill it on me. Same goes for little kids with Cokes that are way to big to carry for them as long as it isn't spilled on me we're cool.

10. People who constantly break the rules on Zephyr how hard is it to not grab your friends or twist in your swing?

I think that's it for now. Thanks for listening.

The people who sit down on the closed restraints like on Vortex or Top Gun. Or the people who try to pull them up after the locked, cause they couldn't get it pulled up fast enough.

That's funny you should say that because the lady in front of me on Vortex did just that. As for what annoys me. I would have to go with this list in no order.

1. smoking in line. This coming from a smoker. Look I know how to use the designated areas why can't everyone else.

2. Basketballs I hate those things they should make the rims smaller so no one wins.

3. People that feel the need to elbow or kick you while on rides like Delirium and then act like it's your fault.

4. I am a slow walker I'll admit that I even have a limp but I hate it when big groups of people just stop right in front of you to talk when it's crowded and then get mad because you bumped them.

5. Line jumping I hate this so much I think I hate the people that "have to get up farther to their friends" the most because I've been almost run over by them so they can ride first because they had to go to the bathroom or get a drink. Look hold it or don't ride it's that simple I'm sure all of us have gotten in line only to find out we have to use the restroom I can only speak for myself but I usually hold it or leave the line then start the waiting process all over.

6. People who abuse the handicapped ride policy.

7. Overweight people wearing bikini tops and tight shorts. Look I'm not wanting to be mean and I have no issue with your weight if you're happy I just don't want to see it.

8. People who can't use the trash cans. I was in line for The Beast the other week when this guy who walked by the trash can decided it would be better to throw his empty beer cup on the ground.

9. I don't really have a problem with beer drinkers in line as long as they don't spill it on me. Same goes for little kids with Cokes that are way to big to carry for them as long as it isn't spilled on me we're cool.

10. People who constantly break the rules on Zephyr how hard is it to not grab your friends or twist in your swing?

I think that's it for now. Thanks for listening.

Exactly!!!

=]

I also hate people that say "Let's go ride The Bat or SOB, King Cobra ect... infact just on tuesday i heard someone say "i can't wait to ride The Demon."

They need to look at the park map.

Oh... where to start?

1) People who can't figure out the restraint system of rides. Slows down capacity and sometimes they even have to upbar and recheck because they put it down before getting into it. KI seriously needs to employ some sort of test and those who fail shouldn't be allowed out of Nick Universe.

2) Center-midway stroller "parking". I'm guessing that the park sees a few incidents a year of someone just tripping over a stroller that was abruptly stopped in a midway.

3) People who stand there and talk instead of moving with the progress of a line.

4) People who ask ride ops stupid questions slowing down the ride capacity. They have a job to do.

5) People who "hear stories" about how someone died on each and every ride... no matter how safe the ride is, and no matter how far they could be from the truth.

6) People who try to go through the metal detectors with enough luggage to fly to Europe for a month.

7) People who refer to rides with the word "The" in front of the name, even if it's not appropriate (ie The Son of The Beast, The Firehawk, The Flight of Fear).

8) People who leave their soiled trays on the tables in the eateries.

Ryan and I had this Wednesday. People who stand in line and tell others people fell out of the ride and died, in line for the ride.

Ha. When I first read that I left out the comma in "died, in line" and it read in my head as "people fell out of the line for this ride and died" to me. I may just have some form of lexdysia.

But you definetly hear those supposidly true stories a lot.

5. Line jumping I hate this so much I think I hate the people that "have to get up farther to their friends" the most
My friends tried to pull this trick while in line for Action FX at Fear Fest last year. I proceeded to be a jerk and didn't let them. :)

Ryan and I had this Wednesday. People who stand in line and tell others people fell out of the ride and died, in line for the ride.

Two of the guys in the discussion were the ones who rode next to us. I kind of bumped hands with the guy in the train while grabbing for the "hold on bar" I guess you could call it. He told me to go ahead and I said something along the lines of, "Nah, if the restraints break, I won't be able to hold on anyway." Of course alluding to the story he was telling his friend in order to scare him about riding.

6) People who try to go through the metal detectors with enough luggage to fly to Europe for a month.

While I don't bring enough luggage to fly to Europe, I have no problem with people whom have to bring some forms of luggage. If someone desires not to wait for that person to go through don't wait in that line behind that person, find a line with somebody whom has less luggage. We actually have a baby and unless you want to see a mess we have to bring a diaper bag with plenty of diapers and baby wipes. My wife also has to bring in her bag with her medication. When we bring this in and put it in a locker, it creates less trips in and out of the park. I have seen some people come in with much much more stuff than we do and some of it is just plain senseless. I also offer out of the fact of being nice to anyone standing behind us with no items to go ahead of us so that they don't have to wait behind us while we get our bags checked.

I was in line for Drop Zone the other day, and some lady was telling her kids that there was a ride caled The Bat where Vortex is now, and 20 people died on it and they ad to close it?! Also she said that Drop Zone used to shoot up (like power tower)

I ahte when people get in line at SKyline on the first day of operation and they are moving slow because of new employees and some B@$%*! gets on her phone and calls veryone and their mother and tells them what bad service they have. It was the frickin first day of work for some of these people=.

It was the frickin first day of work for some of these people=.

I am not disagreeing with you, but, I really hate that excuse.

As an enthusiast, I can understand that there are many hiccups early in the year. Where I get upset is a as paying customer I expect the same type of service in May as I get in August. I paid the same, didn't I? The service should be the same as well.

The unfortunate side of the issue is that it is the employee that gets all the static. It is really not their fault they were not trained enough. The fault lies with the park.

Dorney Park, for one, does have reduced admissions at the beginning and end of the season. I haven't seen other parks do that. Perhaps it is because Dorney has a one incredible waterpark, included with admission, and they feel the need to charge less when that NOT separately gated attraction is not open.

I really hate people who proceed to make out with the girlfriends/boyfriends or do more than that right in front of everyone else. No one wants to see it, holding hands and kissing is ok but full fledged making out and groping eachother is something I see way too often when I visit and its usually the white trash kids with the buzzed hair and oversized insane clown posse t-shirts.

LOL^ I see that as well PKI is a place for families not for making them ;)

LOL! Oh, that is so annoying. You're right.

My finacee and I go to KI and act like well behaived children, but children none the less. We both want to ride the rides, NOT play kissy face. We might hold hands to keep from getting separated on a busy day.

When I go to KI I'm on a mission....to ride as much as possible, and so is he.

The basketball bouncing is annoying, especially when you are in a tight line and you can't hardly move and there they are bouncing, bouncing and bouncing. I just want grab the ball and say "Can't this wait until you get home!!!!" :o

While I don't bring enough luggage to fly to Europe, I have no problem with people whom have to bring some forms of luggage. If someone desires not to wait for that person to go through don't wait in that line behind that person, find a line with somebody whom has less luggage. We actually have a baby and unless you want to see a mess we have to bring a diaper bag with plenty of diapers and baby wipes. My wife also has to bring in her bag with her medication. When we bring this in and put it in a locker, it creates less trips in and out of the park. I have seen some people come in with much much more stuff than we do and some of it is just plain senseless. I also offer out of the fact of being nice to anyone standing behind us with no items to go ahead of us so that they don't have to wait behind us while we get our bags checked.

Are these metal detectors really neccessary, I mean Cedar Point doesn't have them, but I guess a park in Cincinnati, is much more dangerous than a park in Sandusky

Guest kwindshawne

Are these metal detectors really neccessary, I mean Cedar Point doesn't have them, but I guess a park in Cincinnati, is much more dangerous than a park in Sandusky

I am kind of on the fence on that one. I think it has the potential to prevent violence with weapons, especially since people don't know how to act respectful around others anymore. Just today, some a**hole got the bright idea to spit on Vortex-guess who was the lucky recipient.....

I don't know in the day and age in which we live in the metal detectors can do more to help than hurt. After the light of several events we have witnessed it also makes people feel safer. No Cedar Point doesn't have Metal Detectors, but they were owned by Cedar Fair. The Metal Detectors at Kings Island were put in after Paramount took them over. In a way I think it is still a good thing to ensure safety although I haven't seen many problems in my visits with guests bringing unacceptable items into the park. Any guest who brinks said items I just don't get why. You also have to remember Paramount incorporated this into all their parks, it had nothing to do with Cincy being unsafe. I would imagine it had more to do with another Paramount park having to take preventative matters and they made it mandatory for all parks. Kings Island has always been rather safe every time I have visited the park and I have been going since 1977.

I believe that the Metal Detectors are definately a good thing. Look at what happened at VT this past spring, what if that were to happen at an amusement park where someone just opened up their firepower on a crowded midway or in a line. While very unlikely it makes me feel safer whenever I am at the park to know that the guests don't carry any firepower. Safety is the number one priority of an amusement park and I feel as if the metal detectors make the park safer.

My first experiance with metal detectors at a park was many years ago, first a Kennywood, and then later that year at PKD.

My first impression was, "What happened hear that they now need this type of security?!?" Quite honestly, it made me nervous at first.

While the detectors may be an effective deterrant, they in no way prevent anything. A person could get anything into the park at anytime. Granted, you have to do some creative thinking, but it would not be hard. Oh yeah, I forgeot to mention that a person that would want to bring in (a weapon in this case) has to be rather sick in the head.

Is the park safer that the detectors are there? Sure it is somewhat safer. I also believe that when any establishment tries on promoting security that is easily seen (for this discussion, the detectors), it also promotes someone who is rather imbalanced to try and do something just to see if they can get away with it. It is kind of like waving a red flag in front of a bull.