Annoying habits of guests

Oldiesmann

I woudn't necessarily call this is a habit but:

Has anyone realized that people almost ALWAYS classify a Slingshot type ride, or a log flume as a rollercoaster?

Peeve!

I've also noticed some guests go too far and out of the way by doing something REALLY stupid.

Hopefully we'll never see something like this:

If this were to occur at KI, I'd think it would be Diamondback's splashdown. For those who cannot tell, he did this to retrieve a lost cap.

I would hope we do not see that at Kings Island anytime soon.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone realized that people almost ALWAYS classify a Slingshot type ride, or a log flume as a rollercoaster?

Peeve!

I've also noticed some guests go too far and out of the way by doing something REALLY stupid.

If this were to occur at KI, I'd think it would be Diamondback's splashdown. For those who cannot tell, he did this to retrieve a lost cap.

or the people who refer to Extreme Sky FLyer as the "bungee cord ride"...also..the guy retrieving the hat is a MORON!

hhaha i went to Halloween Haunt and kids make me ****ed. Not only do they come to Kings Island and go in urgent scare with lightsabers and start crying. But THEN these little 13 year olds think they're so cool and bragging about how they've been to a million strip clubs and then in club blood literally puts dollar bills in the girls and guys bras. And my group, the guys, had to take the dollars out... it amounted up to $20 bucks...

They use $2 bills at strip clubs these days.... Or so I hear.....

Oh at this there were some 1 and 5 but all the money was real....

• 3 weeks later...

I hate it when guests ordering food at, say, Chic-fil-A freak out at the cashier over trivial, tiny matters, even though the crew are obviously swamped with a dozen other large orders and are trying the best they can and the lines at every open window have been a constant twenty people deep for hours.

Also i can't stand guests who complain to the food workers about the, granted, high prices, which the worker has absolutely no control over whatsoever, so there's no point getting mad at them about it.

If you're going to eat at an amusement park of any kind, you should probably expect food costs to be a bit above average.

And no, i'm not an employee of the park, just trying to stick up for the verbally abused ;)

Here is a pet peeve of mine about certain park guests, aka, my friends that come with me... I naturally walk fast, and when I am at an amusement park, I still walk fast. It always seems like I am walking 50 feet in front of them and I have to stop and wait, stop and wait, stop and wait. I try to walk slower, but it just doesn't happen. The times that it really bothers me is if I am having a conversation with them and walking and then I look like an idiot walking by myself talking to no one.

• 9 months later...

Peeve!

So the ride ops actully let him do that. Wow

^^The only reason the kid got to go in the water was because no one was around. From the front of that ride (Jurassic Park River Adventure @ Islands of Adventure) where the ride ops sit they cannot see the drop. Also there is no camera facing that direct direction. Should there be? Probably, but theres not. Ride ops usually do their jobs very well, please don't blame them for idiotic kids who wear hats on a ride with a 85 foot drop.

7th graders do get kinda annoying at my school... talking about how club blood is so bad and they snuck in the back because apparently you have to be 18 years or older to get into it <_<

I'm above that... 8th grade!!!

I'm in 7th grade and when I went to the Haunt I went through CB with my friend and dad. But I have to say CB was not very good.

I can't stand getting stuck in line behind someone who smells like BO! you'd swear they had never heard of deodorant.

My last visit during the middle of the summer, i noticed so many stinky guests! i thought about hanging an air freshener around my neck or powerful perfume so i could at least smell myself instead of someone else.

• 2 weeks later...
Teens or adults that were those stupid Insane Clown Posse & Slayer T-shrits

among others

C'mon this is a family park and one of the park guidelines is that your clothing shouldnt have offensive wording or graphics I wish people would go by the parks guidelines.

I will agree with ICP, but Slayer, comeon Slayers good and they aren't going against park rules.

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with anyone wearing any band shirt. People can listen to or support whoever they want, no matter how offensive or inappropriate the music is. The shirt doesn't play the music. That being said, if a t-shirt has intense swearing or really obscene gestures on it, than it probably shouldn't be worn to an amusement park.

...which reminds me of a story. Many years ago, I was denied admission to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois unless and until I changed shirts...and no, reversing the shirt was not an option.

And just what was so offensive about my chemise? It was green, had a mountain and 22 stars, and the words: Paramount's Great America. And at Six Flags Great America (once its sister park), they would NOT let me in wearing it. Honest.