Annoying habits of guests

Oldiesmann

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask....

What is "the male privates game"?

To my kids, the "male privates game" is walking into or out of the park in front of me and trying to snap the turnstyle so it strikes me in a VERY uncomfortable manner.... The first time they did that, it actually worked... While they laughed hysterically, I was actually kind of proud of their creativity. But I would NEVER tell them that.... :)

I really hate people who proceed to make out with the girlfriends/boyfriends or do more than that right in front of everyone else. No one wants to see it, holding hands and kissing is ok but full fledged making out and groping eachother is something I see way too often when I visit and its usually the white trash kids with the buzzed hair and oversized insane clown posse t-shirts.

LOL^ I see that as well PKI is a place for families not for making them ;)

um i fond out about that is on here but i dont where it is so here is the link to the artical this is how far people with go.

this is how far people go

Guest rcfreak339

I hate it when people are making out in front of you in lines.....I actully told a couple at Holiday World my opinion on this I said...."I'm sorry but an Amusment park that's familey orianted is no place to have a makeout party! Can you please get a room if you really want to do that?"

My biggest gripe is people's lack of respect for others. This includes many things such as:

- smoking in no-smoking areas (I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and don't enjoy spending my time waiting in line coughing hard enough to lose a lung)

- blatant line jumping and walking under/over the bars to beat the person walking around them (this happened once on Gemini and I made the kids get behind us)

- YELLING to the person who's standing RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. Get a darn hearing aid if you're having that much trouble.

- flipping off the on-ride camera so the people behind or in front of you can't get their picture

- cursing, especially yelling curse words just because you think you're cool.

- spitting in any place or form except maybe off into the bushes

- holding up the line for something stupid - like your kid is obviously 3 inches too short to ride but you're going to argue with the ride op anyway. Or even better, the "you mean I CAN'T carry my 6' stuffed animal and 30 lb backpack onto Firehawk?!" and then waiting while they deposit their weight's worth of crap into the bins or fight with the ride op because they don't want to leave the line.

- stealing someone's seat when they get up to put something in the bins

The one that I don't think anyone's mentioned yet that really peeves my husband and I is people wearing obscene shirts. At Cedar Point we saw a guy wearing a shirt that had skeletons posed in various sexual positions. I don't remember exactly what the text on it said but it was something about boning. I found it very vulgar and inappropriate for the atmosphere and we notified a park police officer who had the guy turn it inside out. Any shirts that directly reference sex, violence, or drugs, and some of the more obvious allusions to the themes should not be worn or permitted.

My biggest gripe is people's lack of respect for others. This includes many things such as:

- smoking in no-smoking areas (I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and don't enjoy spending my time waiting in line coughing hard enough to lose a lung)

- blatant line jumping and walking under/over the bars to beat the person walking around them (this happened once on Gemini and I made the kids get behind us)

- YELLING to the person who's standing RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. Get a darn hearing aid if you're having that much trouble.

- flipping off the on-ride camera so the people behind or in front of you can't get their picture

- cursing, especially yelling curse words just because you think you're cool.

- spitting in any place or form except maybe off into the bushes

- holding up the line for something stupid - like your kid is obviously 3 inches too short to ride but you're going to argue with the ride op anyway. Or even better, the "you mean I CAN'T carry my 6' stuffed animal and 30 lb backpack onto Firehawk?!" and then waiting while they deposit their weight's worth of crap into the bins or fight with the ride op because they don't want to leave the line.

The one that I don't think anyone's mentioned yet that really peeves my husband and I is people wearing obscene shirts. At Cedar Point we saw a guy wearing a shirt that had skeletons posed in various sexual positions. I don't remember exactly what the text on it said but it was something about boning. I found it very vulgar and inappropriate for the atmosphere and we notified a park police officer who had the guy turn it inside out. Any shirts that directly reference sex, violence, or drugs, and some of the more obvious allusions to the themes should not be worn or permitted.

I agree wholeheartedly. The spitting thing is one of my biggest peeves-I don't understand that one at all. A dress code is long overdue-especially those droopy pants-I am so sick of seeing exposed butts I can't stand it. Even if it's underwear, it still should not be allowed.

^Lucky!

This brings me to something that happened this year on my yearly two-day trip:

We went to the park on the first day and I saw a few adolesents running to AE while I and my little brother was walking towards Son of Beast. They came past us full speed and nearly knocked over my brother! That was my only major problem with the guests that day. But then on the second day we left the Kings Island Resort & Conference Room to the park, we had no problems until it started raining around 1:00. We were tring to get back on the bus to get the hotel when 4 African-American people cut to the very front of the line to get on the bus, for if they went to the back of the line they would have to wait 30 min. in the rain for the next bus to arrive. Some guy told them to get to the back of the line, and they ignored him. He said it again, they ignored it again. So everyone started to get really mad and practically had a brawl in the parking lot! But they reluctantly went to the back of the line before anything serious happened.

When I was in my senior year of high school (2000), a bunch of the boys went to KI for senior skip day. Two of them got kicked out of the park for flipping off the cameras on Vortex.

I have a shirt that says "you must be of legal age to enjoy this ride" and almost wore it on my last trip to CP, but I decided against it. It's funny, but I didn't want to make kids ask questions or get glares from parents. I really hate offending people.

exatly.. i HATE that

like they cant see that you are right across the station :angry:

And then they give the ride op this "I don't know what you're talking about" face when they unlock the bars and tell them to get out. My husband (who is not a small guy) started chewing out a kid who stole my seat on The Beast. He was getting off the previous train and decided "hey look, empty seat!" while I was putting our jackets in the bin. The kid had the "oh crap, I'm gonna get pounded" look as he scampered off very quickly.

exatly.. i HATE that

like they cant see that you are right across the station :angry:

And then they give the ride op this "I don't know what you're talking about" face when they unlock the bars and tell them to get out. My husband (who is not a small guy) started chewing out a kid who stole my seat on The Beast. He was getting off the previous train and decided "hey look, empty seat!" while I was putting our jackets in the bin. The kid had the "oh crap, I'm gonna get pounded" look as he scampered off very quickly.

HAHAHA!! :lol:

that will teach em.

A season or two ago I saw some kids sitting on one of the black chain 'fences' near the Eiffel Tower (more of a visual barrier to keep people off the landscaping). A security officer came up and told them to get off the chains because of safety concerns. They stood up, then waited for the officer to walk away, then scoffed and sat right back down. Selfish and disrespectful. <_<

What are some of the most annoying habits you've seen among other park guests? While I can think of several, the most annoying one to me is the basketball bouncing. People win basketballs, and then proceed to walk around the park and bounce them all the time. I get so tired of nearly tripping over basketballs because they either got away from the person who was bouncing them or the person bounced it in my path as I was walking by. The second most annoying one would be large women wearing Spandex - last year (I'm not making this up), I saw a rather large lady walking by in a skin-tight shirt and ultra-short, skin-tight shorts that had "Bootylicious" and a large lip mark plastered on the back of them :blink: :whacko:

hahaha ohh i can go on and on with this one. I work at the N.U and we always get kids that are too short to ride, but what annoys me the most is that in front of line there is a board that you can hight check the kids, but still parents wait in line and then yell at us for not letting the kid ride because he was 1 inch too short.