Construction on Flight Commander Site

specialk141

Well it kinda has to be pay to play considering it only has five trampolines therefore the capacity is horrible making it have to be pay to play. That dome is ugly though, I mean I understand its purpose but still the original euro-bungees look much better.

I thought we had seen the last of that attraction that, IMO does not seem worth the money. On another note, it appears as if the laser tage in the old cinema building has closed this season, so maybe, just maybe, we will see another ride put on that plot of land there, which IMO, could really benefit from a large flat ride.

I woulda liked to see a classic Huss flat like a Fly Away (essentially sky lab except your in a flying position, or a Huss boster even though the one I've been on kinda made me sick it was still cool, best way to describe it like a tea cups and scrambler mixed together and it flips you so its disorienting but its ok as long as you haven't eaten right before.

Also, they're putting in some sort of a bowling game next to one of the shops in Coney Mall...

Yeah, PKD did that back in 2003 I think. It's still there, though I don't think its very popular. I can't think of a time when I've seen more than 3 people in front of it (including the ones running the game).

But anyway, the EuroDome thing looks really cool. And by the way Paramount Parks go in trends with these sort of things I wouldn't doubt that's what PKD removed their EuroBungy for.

I thought we had seen the last of that attraction that, IMO does not seem worth the money. On another note, it appears as if the laser tage in the old cinema building has closed this season, so maybe, just maybe, we will see another ride put on that plot of land there, which IMO, could really benefit from a large flat ride.

I did the laser tag many years ago and wasn't impressed.

Think they ever found out that they weren't at Carowinds? biggrin.gif

I agree about the Eagles. darn shame.

I remember that Drop Zone was originally planned for the Flight Commander spot, at least that's where the original teaser sign was located. I still wish they would do something more with that little corner of the park. The Laser Tag and the Euro Bungee, whatever style, look rundown, homemade, and tacky. I've always wished PKI would install a really huge ferris wheel in that location, one that would provide some height to the rear of the park, and a spectacular view.

I agree about the Eagles. darn shame.

I remember that Drop Zone was originally planned for the Flight Commander spot, at least that's where the original teaser sign was located. I still wish they would do something more with that little corner of the park. The Laser Tag and the Euro Bungee, whatever style, look rundown, homemade, and tacky. I've always wished PKI would install a really huge ferris wheel in that location, one that would provide some height to the rear of the park, and a spectacular view.

yeh, i agree a farris wheel would be great

Well, they do have some height back there in the form of The Vortex. But I agree, they need to put in a ride on that side of Coney Mall, because it is a dead section of the park. I think a large Ferris Wheel, similar to the ones at GL or CP would be popular if they were put in there. But I just don`t see PKI installing a Ferris Wheel anytime soon.

I agree. A ferris wheel would be a great addition. Only problem is they take up a lot of space so they'd have to flatten out that small hill there and possibly demolish the old laser tag building (not that there'd be anything wrong with that...). In fact, two major ride companies have a product called Giant Wheel that would be perfect:

Ride Trade (Intamin) Giant Wheel

Vekoma Giant Wheel