05/21 CP trip

I'm making my first Cedar Point trip May 13th-16th. From what I heard, opening day wasn't too crowded. So I would expect that CP shouldn't get too crowded until after Memorial Day.

Yea, that shouldn't be too crowded. The only thing you have to watch out for with CP in May are those physics days that they have. As long as that Friday isn't a physics day the crowds should be fine.

Ok never mind they have a physics day that friday the 19th but the weekend is clear so like I said before crowds shouldn't be too bad this early in the year.

Ok, about 4 years ago I went on a sunday and the employees outnumbered the guests! I was told it happens alot during Sandusky's Graduation!!!. Not sure when it is this year but I would find out and plan for that Sat/Sun. The park was literally a ghost town.

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

This year may be different with maXair near its' location, but Wicked Twister is usually a short line, and I've heard even with the new ride, it's still only a 45 minute wait. Most people run right for Raptor or Millennium Force first thing in the morning. Probably Dragster too. Mantis is a great stand-up, unfortunately it is extremely slow loading/unloading, so the line seems to be always long.

Whoohooo! Just got back yesterday and it was the best amusement park trip of our lives! We got ther Friday night and decided that before we checked into our hotel we would go and look at CP(our hotel was a half block from CP drive). Well little did we know that you don't drive down CP Drive unless you are going to the park! We ended up at the gates with two choices, we could tell the nice people that we made a mistake and would like to turn around or we could go in a day early. Being the coaster enthusiasts that we are we chose the later. Since it was 5:30 it was only $26 each to get in, first we hit Raptor, what an awsome coaster, has to be the best suspended I've ever ridden. Next we started walking around and came across Top Thrill Dragster, so of course we had to ride it! It was about a 45 minute wait and all I can say is wow! This is the most extreme adrenalin pumping ride ever! I can't even express how much we loved this ride. Next it was off to Gemini and it was also a great ride, then we just had to ride Millennium Force. We waited about 45min and it was awsome! After this the park was closing(8:00) so we headed to our hotel.

We didn't get in the park until 11:00 Saturday because all of a sudden my dad started getting realestate calls. We had planned on getting a two day pass, but at the gates the said they would allow us to apply the $26 from the night before towards season passes making them only $4 more than a two day pass so this was the obvious choice(now we have a good excuse to go back). We did so many rides I can't remember what we did first so I'll just list them in no perticular order. We rode Magnum for the first time, this is definatly one of our favorite rides! The air time on this ride insane! We rode Magnum 5 times Saturday. We rode Gemini again, as well as TTD(insane acceleration!)which we waited and hour and a half for and it was well worth it, Power Tower(the side that launches up), we rode Mean Streak(what a waste of time, this could pass for a kiddie ride), and we rode Blue Streak which was awsome!

Sunday we got ther nice and early and rode Raptor in the front seat which made the ride twice as good! Then we went to Top Thrill Dragster(we got to ride it 3 times this weekend!) and of coarse it was once again the most awsome ride we've ever rode. Then we rode Millennium Force again, after that we rode Mantis, then it was over to Iron Dragon(better than Mean Streak but still a good kiddie ride, but then again we are a little thrill crazy). Then we rode Magnum two more times(a total of seven!) Then we went and rode Wicked Twister and it was awsome, glad we didn't skip it! The last ride we rode was Disastor Transport and it was also a waste of time. We really wanted to ride TTD again but it was about 2:20 and it was starting to sprinkle and we wanted to get home before dark, so we left. It's a good thing we did because we somehow got way of coarse which added an hour to the trip home.

Sorry about the length but we just had a great time! I can't wait to go back later this year hopefully and ride TTD some more.

• 2 weeks later...

O/K, I now this is a bit extreme, but we are wanting to go again this weekend. We wanted to go again this year and we want to do it before the crowds start. Somebody said this is grad weekend and that it's usually slow. Is it really that slow? We don't want to go on a crowded day.

Nice report, I am going to CP this Friday for Coastermania and it is going to be awesome. I also get to go to Geauga Lake on Saturday for Coaster Ext. It will be my first time to Geauga Lake. I am hyped up about this weekend. By the way I love CP and I agree with you, it is the best amusement park ever.

Coastermania will definently increase the crowds, but not by a huge amount. Obviously, since it is a friday and schools are just letting out, it will be more crowded anyway. Sundays are THE day to go to Cedar Point. I went on a Sunday evening last June for 5 hours and rode more than I did the whole next day. Mondays are crowded at Cedar Point for some reason. Im going in 12 days! Twoot twoot!