Racer being dismantled?

pkikid

Is The Racer being dismantled at the end of the 2005 season or is this just a rumor? Someone said that they heard it was, but you know how the rumors fly. lol

US ARMY! BE ALL YOU CAN BE!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus the fact that it is credited as the roller coaster that single handedly started the 2nd golden age of roller coasters, so with that kind of presitge I don't see it going any where.

I also believe it is a ACE coaster classic. I don't see PKI removing it anytime in the future. Unless it is in that poor of shape that it wouldn't be fesiable to repair.

And, this just in...the Magnum is sinking!! biggrin.gif

Also, someone died from a water moccosin (sp?) bite on the log ride (is that one still going around?), and someone had their head chopped off on The Bat!! (That's the REAL reason it closed...)

Sorry, guys...I just couldn't resist laugh.gif

Although, The Racer being dismantled is definitely a new one!

biggrin.gif Joel

Guest faceoff

I agree with jennifer. I love The Racer and the fact that you can ride backwards

is very cool. Pki rocks!!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom rolleyes.gif

Count me in as one of the p*ssed people if Racer is removed. However, others have posted the two main reasons it won't. Ace coaster classic and singlehandedly re-starting the coaster revolution. Let's not forget the other wild rumor that someone had their arm ripped off in the final tunnel/helix at the end of The Beast.

offtopic.gif Jennifer, you must be the resident PKIC hottie. I don't know how many guys have been typing GO BLACKHAWKS!!!! as the last thing they say when they probably don't know who the Blackhawks are.

Picard is most likely right, when/if it is removed, it will be replaced by another dueling wooden coaster. It only seems right, although the capacity and space would be big enough to put just about anything in. I don't see why putting a brand new dueling woodie would be neccesary when you can keep Racer for nostalgia reasons and there's really no other logical reason to dismantle it.

Enough with the flyers removal.......THEYRE NOT COMING BACK! Just be happy some kids in North Carolina are enjoying them and that they werent thrown in some junk heap along iwth the King Cobra track. Besides, NO ONE knows every reason why the flyers were removed.....maybe they were getting to cotly to maintain....maybe parts were getting hard to find for them....the park knows what its doing even if most of you guys dont agree with it. Id rather have a coaster anyday than some cars and a swinging bucket. The same thing with the tiques.....Im pretty sure the park didnt want to keep having to pay for gas for those things...and maybe that grass spot will host something new in 2007. But the flyers are gone, and wotn be coming back.

Back on topic, a Racer removal isnt likely at all, why would they do that? What else would fit there? If anything they need to renovate it a little bit, paint it with its original paint scheme and make it look nicer.

Nah, Racer is probably right behind The Beast in the list of rides PKI will only remove once they're too worn out to work. It runs good, it packs in the people and it's honestly still a good coaster.

Coasters PKI won't remove:

The Beast

Racer

Vortex

SOB--can you imagine the huge bonfire, though??

The Racer is not a coaster classic because it had individual ratcheting restraints. Not to mention it received seat belts recently. However, I heard a while back that the status of an ACE coaster classic was changed to not include the seatbelt stipulation since it is a safety issue. The Beastie, I believe is a coaster classic because it still has the old buzz bars.

As for the `Tiques, I have a feeling they may be coming back next seaon, possibly with new engines and definantly a new theme to fit in with the area in which they would be installed (Nick).

Guest faceoff

Blackhawks would be the school name for the athletic teams. They would have to be

better than the high school i went to.

smile.gif

The Racers getting removed . . . now that's just crazy talk. Why would they want to? It is an awesome ride that really the whole family can ride. Removing The Racers would prlly ruin Coney Mall.

It is possible (and not uncommon) for the park to remove The Racers and replace it with an exact, newer copy. Todays safety restrictions are getting tighter, along with the age of the coaster itself... Does anybody know how old The Racers are?

But I could see PKI doing this... just replacing The Racers with a new, Racers! But as far as PKI taking them out and not doing anything to take it's spot! It will never happen! -Hauntguy

No rides at PKI are totally safe except for possibly the Eiffel Tower. I would expect both Beast and Vortex to be removed in the next decade. Beast will probably go out sooner, when its record is broken. Aside from being the longest wood coaster in the world - it really is kind of a stupid ride.

No rides at PKI are totally safe except for possibly the Eiffel Tower. I would expect both Beast and Vortex to be removed in the next decade. Beast will probably go out sooner, when its record is broken. Aside from being the longest wood coaster in the world - it really is kind of a stupid ride.

What are you smoking man laugh.gif The Beast is a landmark coaster that will never leave in the next 25 years...cool.gif

What purpose will Paramount's Kings Island have for keeping it around once its record is broken? People come to ride Beast to say they have been on the longest wood coaster on Earth. Once it loses that title - it will be pointless. You can get the exact same effect you get on Beast by driving through the woods at high speed. The thing is all straight track except for the few turns it has. And aside from the two main drops, and the drop into the ravine, the track is totally flat. It has no airtime. The ride just plain sucks.

So by that theory, Top Thrill Dragster should be removed since it has no point anymore since its record was broken? So why would they remove a ride that put Kings Island on the map, and is still one of their most popular rides? I don`t think it is a stupid ride. It is my favorite ride at Kings Island.

^Haha, I'd have to agree with you 100% there, I thought the same thing when I read his post. I mean really if we remove the "crappy" Beast might as well remove Millenium Force. I mean its records have been broken for a while and it dosen't have nearly any air time compared to lots of coasters I've been on. I mean geez whats its point. Better get rid of Vortex, Raptor, Mantis, Gemini, Magnum, Texas Giant, Steel Phantom, Desperado, and all others who have had their records broken, seriously some one needs to wise up and destroy them considering they don't hold records any more so theres obviously no point to them what so ever. I mean I've been saying it for years, "unless it holds a record tear it down." Really now that I think about it the only roller coasters that should be standing right now are SOB, Beast, Kingda Ka, Colossus, Alpengiest, Riddler's Revenge and really nothing else considering these are just about the only coasters that hold records. Seriously get rid of volcano, S:ROS, Raven, Legend, Boulder Bash, Thunder Head, Top Gun, Incredible Hulk, they don't hold any records they are completley trash. I mean and what are they thinking building rides like IJ:ST it didn't even hold any records when it opened, I guess they better start tearing it down right now too.

LOL where do you people come up with these ideas. I don't ever see PKI removing The Racer. It was one of the first coasters to open at PKI in 1972. And even though it opened in 1972 can you imangine how many times that ride has probably has been rebuilt. I doubt any piece of wood on that ride is still from 1972. I beleive The Racer will be around for many many years to come.