PKI Newsletter #4

BoddaH1994

In this Issue (Wednesday, May 11, 2005)

Boomerang Bay Exclusive Weekend

THE ITALIAN JOB: Stunt Trackâ„¢ Opens May 20th

American Idol’s Fantasia at PKI on May 15th!

Why Take A Park Survey?

Woohoo from The Beast!

Upcoming Events

Unsubscribe/Contact Information

Boomerang Bay Exclusive Weekend

Spring has arrived, and Paramount’s King’s Island park enthusiasts know exactly what that means. Very soon they will get their chance to go 'down under'! Crocodile Dundee’s Boomerang Bay Water Park Resort returns for its second season as it opens to the public Saturday, May 28th. Whether you’re looking to enjoy the more than 50 water activities or relax as you get the celebrity treatment in your own private cabana, this Australian oasis has something for everyone.

Don’t miss your chance to attend this special Gold Passholder only weekend preview. Gold passes are available until May 22, 2005. As a Gold Passholder, not only will you get access to exclusive VIP nights, but you will also get a full season of celebrity treatment and Gold perks such as bring-a-friend free days, an exclusive parking area, and great meal deals. Hurry, time is running out! Learn more about our PKI Gold Pass.

SEASON PASS SALES & PROCESSING OPEN

Buy a 2005 Gold Pass and have your photo ID card made during the week! For your convenience, the Season Pass Sales & Processing Center is open Monday through Friday from 4pm - 8pm on the following dates: Monday, May 9 - Friday, May 13 and Monday, May 16 - Friday, May 20. There is typically little to no wait time on these weekday evenings!

THE ITALIAN JOB: Stunt Trackâ„¢ Opens May 20th

The newest Hollywood addition, THE ITALIAN JOB: Stunt Track™ at Paramount’s King’s Island will open to the public on Friday, May 20th. This highly anticipated opening weekend will kick off on Thursday, May 19th with an exclusive event to showcase the new attraction to members of the media. Early indicators have been positive about this new PKI feature! Plus, when the park opens daily on May 20th, so does this new Hollywood multi-sensory experience.

Additionally, 2005 Gold Passholders will get to experience this fast-track coaster first hand as they have the opportunity to walk directly onto THE ITALIAN JOB: Stunt Track™ any day the park is open to the public June 6th – August 14th. PKI also introduces the all-new GOLD PASS SPEED LANE which allows Gold Passholders to bypass the ride's waiting line and walk directly onto the ride. A limited number of ride reservation speeding tickets will be held daily at the Guest Relations kiosk at the base of the Eiffel Tower in order for Gold Passholders to take advantage of this exclusive perk.

To take advantage of this Gold Pass exclusive perk and the many others, visit pki.com or visit the park. But hurry, Gold Pass goes away after May 22nd!

TGIF in May!

Fridays at PKI just got even more thrilling! Every Friday night this May, from 5pm -11pm, you can get an unbelievable $20 ADMISSION price plus FREE PARKING when you purchase your tickets in advance! TGIF includes: hourly prize giveaways, I-Dance Party at Festhaus, live entertainment, and double rides on your favorite attractions! Join us May 13th, 20th and 27th!

American Idol’s Fantasia at PKI on May 15th!

Fantasia Barrino won our hearts as the 2004 winner of American Idol on one of television’s highest-rated shows and she will again this Sunday, May 15th at PKI as she headlines the inaugural concert of the KISS-FM Summer Concert Series at Paramount’s King’s Island! Fantasia will be joined by Mashonda for a night of quality entertainment, plus you can enjoy some of your favorite rides and attractions as the park remains open until 9pm.

Fantasia brings enthusiasm and energy to each of her concerts, and has enjoyed a number of accomplishments since being named as the American Idol. Since the nomination, Fantasia successfully released her first CD, Free Yourself featuring the hit single “I Believe†which topped Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart as the top song for June in 2004. Her soulful music echoes with strength and passion, and will undoubtedly fill the Timberwolf Amphitheater stage this Sunday.

Tickets are now available for just $20 and includes after 5pm admission to the park and the concert. Purchase your ticket at ticketmaster.com or at the park this weekend.

Special Limited-Time Offer: Six-Month Subscription to Nick Magazine When You Order Online Today

Receive Nick Magazine when you order your tickets online: Order your tickets and season passes online TODAY and we'll include a special six-month subscription to Nickelodeon Magazine! Learn more about receiving Nickelodeon Magazine when you order your season passes or when your order your single-day tickets!

Why Take A Park Survey?

Have you ever wondered why we constantly ask you to participate in our online park satisfaction survey? We do it in our newsletter, on our web site, in our park map....we even hand out invitations at the park. Your feedback about the park is extremely important to us. Your ratings, on topics ranging from the temperature of the food to the fairness of our games to the professionalism of our show performers, make it possible for us to maintain the quality experience important both to you (as a guest) and us (as your hosts).

When you tell us about a particularly good dining experience or even a not-so-good shopping experience, the details you share with us allow us to reward good service and/or make adjustments where they're needed.

Each comment we receive is reviewed by managers and service personnel ranging from the cashiers in the restaurants to the general manager of the park. We know your time is valuable and believe that if you take the time to write us about your experience, the very least we can do is read what you have to say – and then try to use it to make your next visit to the park better.

So, if you have a few extra minutes after you get home -- or even a week after you get home -- tell us about your trip to the park. You'll help us make the park better and we'll enter you to win one of a hundred prizes worth up to $1000. (You can win tickets too!) To take the survey, visit http://parkfeedback.com any time day or night.

Woohoo from The Beast!

Two summers ago, I took my then 9 yr. old son and a friend of his to Paramount's King's Island for a day of fun. We started out riding all the rides they wanted to ride (basically the kid rides). Then I said to them it's time for me to ride a few of my favorite rides which includes the all time greatest ride, The Beast. Every time I come to the park I will not leave until I've ridden it at least once. Well, my son's friend was up to the challenge, but my son was terrified. I sat him down and told him about my first experience on The Beast and how terrified I was too. They both laughed really hard but my son still wouldn't ride it. I gave it one last shot and told him I'd buy him anything within reason if he road it. Well, that worked. As we waited in line I could tell how nervous he was the closer we got. I grabbed him, hugged him and told him that I would never let anything happen to him no matter what. We got in the front seat and he almost cried all the way up the first hill. I put my arm across him and said to hang on to me. As we were shooting down the first hill his expression went from complete horror to utter jubilation. He started to scream woohoo and had a smile as big as Texas on his face. Thanks to everyone at Paramount's King's Island for making this a day I'll never forget.

Eric M. from Fort Mitchell, KY will receive two tickets to Paramount's King's Island. Winners are randomly selected. Submit your entry!

Source: PKI E-Newsletter

Cool story about The Beast. I remember a story from a couple of years back. I was exiting The Beast and a couple of kids who apparently never rode Beast were saying how they thought they were going to go through the wall on the final helix.