What ride is overrated at kings island

vortexdemon05

I think the most overated ride is The Beast because so meny people ride it then it gets old its 26 yrs old yes it is fun to ride but doesn't it get old after awile? yes The Beast is Well known but why not tweek it a little and make it break another record?

those are some things that i think makes The Beast overrated!!

VOR-TEX ALL DA WAY!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a big difference between overrated and getting tired of riding it. Any time you visit a park really frequently, all of the coasters and rides will start to get boring to you because you've been on them so many times. Don't go for a year or two and this should help. The Beast is not overrated. It is still considered one of the best in the world and I believe it's an ACE coaster classic.

There's a big difference between overrated and getting tired of riding it. Any time you visit a park really frequently, all of the coasters and rides will start to get boring to you because you've been on them so many times. Don't go for a year or two and this should help. The Beast is not overrated. It is still considered one of the best in the world and I believe it's an ACE coaster classic.

^ I have to agree with you 100 percent on this. I've been visiting Kings Island for a very long time. 1987 was the first year I went. And starting in 1988 I had season passes. I also worked for the park for 3 summers, '99 thru '01. So yes a little burn out does happen, and the rides are not the same to me as they were the first time I rode them. So just think what someone thinks how someone feels after the very first time on The Beast or any other ride in the park. I don't beleive any of PKI's rides are over rated.

I also have to say that Beast is the most overrated. It's mostly flat; with only one major drop that isn't from a lift hill. The tunnels are always good, but that's not enough to make it a great ride. Aside from the tunnels, the only thing Beast has is atmosphere, a.k.a. the seclusion. That's a nice natural theming, but it definitely can't beat choppers armed with mini-guns. Plus, if they ever took the woods around Beast out, that ride would have nothing.

I don't know if I would say Beast is overrated. I mean it was rated #47. Now if it was rated #1 then yes I would say it is overrated. But as far as coaster enthusiasts go - it is pretty much where it belongs.

Now alot of the PKI Fanboys seem to think that Beast is the most awesome roller coaster ever invented. To them, I ask - why? It has a nice beginning, but from the start of the brake shed through the entrance to the 540 degree helix is pretty much pointless. It just goes through the woods at high velocity - that is all. I also don't understand why it is rated a 5. It is not that forceful. I would give it a 3 or 4 max. It is weak compared to Son of Beast or FACE/OFF or Flight of Fear.

I dont think any of the rides at PKI are overrated becasue they all bring their own identity to the park and they all enhance someones visit someway every time they visit the park. Like in Hanna Barbara (check spelling Im not a very good speller) that section of the park gives little kids the most enjoyable time of their lives at the park. Then on the opposite side of the spectrum, Action Zone and other sections of the park have rides that are intense and make people feel like they are going through another world. So none of the rides are overrated at PKI.

^^Yea, I think SoB is pretty over rated. It gets a lot of celebrity form being the only wooden roller coaster with a loop. I mean, think about it, if it didn't have a loop would you even ride it? I know I wouldn't. It's too rough.

I don't think it's over-rated at all. It's still considered to be one of the best wooden coasters in the country, and I never get tired of it. If any ride is over-rated, it's Adventure Express...

I honestly don't see how the coaster that usually averages the lowest lines can be overrated in any way. It only spans 35 acres, it's a basic Arrow design with a high speed of 35 mph. It's reached 19 years at the park. How that is overrated is beyond me, maybe the reason you think it is overrated is because you just don't like the ride, and compare it to the other coasters in the park.

^^Yea, I think SoB is pretty over rated. It gets a lot of celebrity form being the only wooden roller coaster with a loop. I mean, think about it, if it didn't have a loop would you even ride it? I know I wouldn't. It's too rough.

Yep, I ride it now and I'd ride it even more without the loop; they could put a air hill there instead. Without a loop all of Sob's problems would be solved; without the loop there wouldn't have to be those special crappy trains that they have now and they could put some PTC's or some fliers, making SOB ride much better with some leg room.

Although SoB doesn't offer the airtime that you'd think that it would have, I think it does add some elements that help PKI have a well-rounded collection of coasters. I mean, The Beast has been a little on the rough side recently, but there's nothing like hearing a several-thousand pound PTC come crashing down onto the track... it adds an element of thrill. If you haven't heard it, listen for it. It's dominate during the bunny hops after the first hill.

Is IJ over rated? Nah. You have to bear in mind that we haven't even seen the ride at 100% yet. Just imagine how awesome it will be once the rumbling effect is working, and the effects are timed correctly. Give it a chance, people! Officially it's not even open yet. rolleyes.gif

Face/Off? They never really invested too much into the ride. Personally, I love it.... I don't love it like I'd wait for an hour and a half in 95 degree heat to ride it love it, but I do genuinely enjoy the ride. It's one of only a few rides in which I get off and feel very disoriented.

AE? If you compare it to The Vortex or Beast, yeah, it's going to seem like a kiddy ride, but it's an Arrow mine train ride... it does exactly what it's supposed to do. From some accounts I've heard, it's one of the top rated mine trains in the world.

Tomb Raider? I must admit, when the themeing isn't working, the ride is extremely lame. Maybe it's the fact that I know what's supposed to be happening and it's not, but I find that really frusterating. I realize that there are a LOT of factors involved in why the bits of themeing don't work, but let's just pray to God, Jesus, Allah, Budda... whoever you believe in, that IJ doesn't suffer the same fate.

What ride is over rated? Scooby Doo and the Haunted freakin' Castle! I mean, the whole interactive part is... cute, but when it all comes down to it, the themeing is meaningless and you're more or less shooting at red lights implanted into wood cutouts of characters. The ride is just plain bad... I mean, it's not as bad as Garfield's Nightmare at Kennywood, but still pretty bad. If these flat dark rides are really so expensive to produce anymore, then why even bother if that's the output?

Ryan

^^Because those dark rides bring in people they arent really for the die-hard coaster fanatic they are for families and little kids.And I dont know why every major coaster fan b*tchs about the theming on SDATHC I love it I love it more than I did PT It makes me feel Iam in a 2D Scooby doo cartoon right along with scooby and the gang sloving a mystery! cool.gif

Personally, I enjoy riding The Beast even while riding it numerous times in one day. It just gives me alot of energy! The only time I don't wanna riding it, is when it's during rain, that was unpleasant.

Try riding SOB in the rain talk about unpleasent right there.

Well The Beast is not over rated. If you did not ride The Beast during the 80's yeah its slowen down and now has pads in the sets with lap bars. When I frist rode The Beast it had a plastic seat with no pads for your head or butt and just one bar that came down like on The Beastie. This ride had alot of air time plus you know why they named it The Beaste.

On Son of Beast you just really have to sit in the middle of the car and it really isnt all that bad.

Yea Tomb Raider is nothign without its theming but when the theming is on its really a great experince. Adventure Express is the top Mine train coaster after that one in Disney Land. I really can't think of an overall ride.

Personally, I enjoy riding The Beast even while riding it numerous times in one day. It just gives me alot of energy! The only time I don't wanna riding it, is when it's during rain, that was unpleasant.

Try riding SOB in the rain talk about unpleasent right there.

Amen to that, but I think SOB is awesome, sure its rough, but there is no other wooden coaster on the face of this earth that has an inversion. No Cedar Fair, Disney, or Six Flags park can top that.