What ride is overrated at kings island

vortexdemon05

I mean the railroad train - that goes to Boomarang Bay and back. They could do sooooooo much more with it. Come to think of it, they used to - back when the park first opened in the early 70's. They had a hold-up and the "bad guys" boarded the train, shot the sherriff (but I swear it was in self defense - apologies to Bob Marley & Eric Clapton). There was a "town" and some shoot-em-up stuff. It was a cool ride. I have home movies of this, along with all the other rides from 2nd year, and I've got to get them on the computer someday - you'd love them (especially the on ride POV of the Right Racer when it was going forwards)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the most over rated ride is the The Beast cause it is one of the oldest rides in the park yeah it has many records that it hold but it is the oldest .dont get me wrong i like The Beast very much but it is out with the old and in with the new and the other most over rated ride is the son of The Beast at first it was the best ride there the lines where packed but now i dont think they get that many people in the lines and to tell the truth i was excited to ride it my first time but when it was over i was mad i wait 2 hours to ride and the ride only one steel loop that lasted one mintue

the most over rated ride is the The Beast cause it is one of the oldest rides in the park yeah it has many records that it hold but it is the oldest .dont get me wrong i like The Beast very much but it is out with the old and in with the new and the other most over rated ride is the son of The Beast at first it was the best ride there the lines where packed but now i dont think they get that many people in the lines and to tell the truth i was excited to ride it my first time but when it was over i was mad i wait 2 hours to ride and the ride only one steel loop that lasted one mintue

WHO IS THIS??? The Beast IS NOT OVA RATED AND TELL YA THE TRUTH IT ISNT THE OLDEST RIDE ITS The Racer

The oldest coasters in the park are The Racers and Scooby Doo/Beastie. Both coasters opened in 1972, and their was a lake and a island where The Beast station sits today. The Bat and Vortex area was nothing but trees till 1980 till they built The Bat. Also their was a nature trail that you can still see next to The Beast station.

Edited by Vortex

• 2 weeks later...

I personally enjoy every coaster at PKI--even AE is kind of fun in a corny way.

For me the ride that is most overrated is anything in the Action Theatre. The lines are usually long when I'm there. I remember the first time I went there, back when Days of Thunder premiered. I was all hyped up thinking it was going to be like Back to the Future or Star Tours or something at Disney/Universal. And what did we get?? A big movie screen with ELECTRIC ROCKING CHAIRS!!!!

To me, the films there have ALWAYS ruined the illusion. They get out of 1st person mode (days of thunder) they go away from the illusion of vehicle movement (James Bond) or they're just plain odd (remember that weird comic book thing?)

Plus, it kills the illusion when you can see everyone in their chairs rocking along next to you!!!

They should have spent some $$ and made it a first-rate simulation like Back to the Future. Right now it's just a waste of space.

I mean the railroad train - that goes to Boomarang Bay and back. They could do sooooooo much more with it. Come to think of it, they used to - back when the park first opened in the early 70's. They had a hold-up and the "bad guys" boarded the train, shot the sherriff (but I swear it was in self defense - apologies to Bob Marley & Eric Clapton). There was a "town" and some shoot-em-up stuff. It was a cool ride. I have home movies of this, along with all the other rides from 2nd year, and I've got to get them on the computer someday - you'd love them (especially the on ride POV of the Right Racer when it was going forwards)

Did you know PKI is the only paramount park (Excluding Great America, it's railroad trains we're bought from a different company when Marriot still owned it) that still operates steam engines? The rest have switched to diesel.

i believe that quite a few rides were over-rated. tomb raider is a prime example. if anyone can think back to 2001 when they had a press release for TR:TR on the PKI website, the ride sounded like it was going to top Spider-Man! instead, what we get is just a simple top spin that isn't really all that great. if they had gone with a spiderman-esque ride, or a ride similar to Disney's Indiana Jones Adventure, then it would have been much better.

Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle just scares me on how popular that ride is. the theming on that is utter crap compared to the stuff inside the Haunted Mansion or even Tomb Raider. if PKI plans to expand Nick Central with a SpongeBob Boating School ride sometime soon, they had better make it look good. castle just disappointed me.

The Beast overrated? Na I dont think so. More like we have all ridden it so many times that we wish it were the way it use to be. Less brakes and lights out during night rides. Ahh the good ole days.

Ok back on topic. How about Adventure Express being overrated. The biggest hill is the one that takes you back to the station. Wow what excitement and how uncool of a ride and a waste of space. cowboy.gif

Nuts and Bolts... Nuts and Bolts... Weve... Been... Screwed...

mad.gif Ok let me tell u The Beast is NOT the oldest ride its The Racer. it was made in 1972 and The Beast was made in 1979!!! so what coaster is older??? i think its The Racer and here is proof:

Racer Facts

Beast Facts

evil.gif But i also think beast and racer are both Overrated because they are the oldies and they are slowing down soon the trains will not make it threw the tracks. and i have to say "Out with the old in with the New!!!!"

Although SoB doesn't offer the airtime that you'd think that it would have, I think it does add some elements that help PKI have a well-rounded collection of coasters. I mean, The Beast has been a little on the rough side recently, but there's nothing like hearing a several-thousand pound PTC come crashing down onto the track... it adds an element of thrill. If you haven't heard it, listen for it. It's dominate during the bunny hops after the first hill.

Is IJ over rated? Nah. You have to bear in mind that we haven't even seen the ride at 100% yet. Just imagine how awesome it will be once the rumbling effect is working, and the effects are timed correctly. Give it a chance, people! Officially it's not even open yet. rolleyes.gif

Face/Off? They never really invested too much into the ride. Personally, I love it.... I don't love it like I'd wait for an hour and a half in 95 degree heat to ride it love it, but I do genuinely enjoy the ride. It's one of only a few rides in which I get off and feel very disoriented.

AE? If you compare it to The Vortex or Beast, yeah, it's going to seem like a kiddy ride, but it's an Arrow mine train ride... it does exactly what it's supposed to do. From some accounts I've heard, it's one of the top rated mine trains in the world.

Tomb Raider? I must admit, when the themeing isn't working, the ride is extremely lame. Maybe it's the fact that I know what's supposed to be happening and it's not, but I find that really frusterating. I realize that there are a LOT of factors involved in why the bits of themeing don't work, but let's just pray to God, Jesus, Allah, Budda... whoever you believe in, that IJ doesn't suffer the same fate.

What ride is over rated? Scooby Doo and the Haunted freakin' Castle! I mean, the whole interactive part is... cute, but when it all comes down to it, the themeing is meaningless and you're more or less shooting at red lights implanted into wood cutouts of characters. The ride is just plain bad... I mean, it's not as bad as Garfield's Nightmare at Kennywood, but still pretty bad. If these flat dark rides are really so expensive to produce anymore, then why even bother if that's the output?

Ryan

Tomb Raider? I must admit, when the themeing isn't working, the ride is extremely lame. Maybe it's the fact that I know what's supposed to be happening and it's not, but I find that really frusterating. I realize that there are a LOT of factors involved in why the bits of themeing don't work, but let's just pray to God, Jesus, Allah, Budda... whoever you believe in, that IJ doesn't suffer the same fate.

It will probubley will hapen if you look at the parks history.look at most of the theaming after a couple of years when it breaks down it is not fixed.tr,ae,And more qutv not working speakers in ques not working.As fare as sound ad did any one stand in the anty chamber last year for trtr just to look at a blank screan in sted of the move?this is an on

going thing.I ges I am geting older and rember how it youst to be.When the park mg> youst to care.And when the park was realy theamed.

The train. There is nothing to it.

Thear yous to be it youst to tell some things about the historey about the ohio valley.but now it is just a break in the day to sit or go to the water park.Belave it or not thay are aproching beang antiques.Thear are onley a couple engens made by crown meatel still runing.

• 1 month later...

I think they need to remove that stupid Spongebob Theatre and stick a big ol coaster out there! That 3-D theatre is a waste of space! It sucked when they had the racing theme, it sucked with the fake super hero theme and guess what...it still SUCKS!! Holla if ya hear me

I do not think Spongebob is overated...I think it is a lot better than the Stan Lee thing.

I also think quite a bit of people forget what it was like going to Kings Island as a kid. As much as I enjoy the park now as an adult, it will never be quite as good as when I was a kid. Everything seemed so much bigger and "magical".

When I see Spongebob & IJST I am glad that there are rides like this for the kids...which is what the park should be about.

^Ive noticed that too, when I see people coming off IJST the adults are like "That sucked, that wasnt worth the wait". But all the kids are like "That was so awesome!" Its a unique ride with all its effects, you can o nly find a ride like that at Disney and maybe for many kids they dont have the chance to go to Disney but can spend one day at KI and see that kind of ride and be amazed. IJ isnt over rated at all.

"I think IJ:ST is over rated, its good but didnt live up to what they made it out to be."

And now that most all of the effects are working, it still is highly over-rated for what they made it out to be. I'm wondering, will we ever see the step effects or fish tailing? And, is the step effect supposed to take place in that tunnel that's not quite completely enclosed?

Did you know PKI is the only paramount park (Excluding Great America, it's railroad trains we're bought from a different company when Marriot still owned it) that still operates steam engines? The rest have switched to diesel.

All the trains in the Paramount parks came from Crown. They all ran on natural gas. You might be thinking of Six Flags.

P.S. Kings Island is the only park left that has a full size train in the park.

OK!!! I read all ya'll post and let me tell you....If they took out all those rides you said what will pki be???huh?? What if the train wasn't there..You would have to walk to water park. What if beast wasnt there??what wooden coaster would you ride?? What if Sob wasnt there???what wooden coaster would you ride with a loop???what if Vortex wasnt here?? you basicly name all the rides that keep pki alive....

^What if train wasnt there?

A different method of transportation would be provided by the park.

^What If Beast wasnt there what wooden coaster would you ride?

The Racer, its still a classic

^What if SOB wasnt there, what wooden coaster would you ride with a loop?

None, because its the only one so peopel would jsut flock to the other coasters, SOB is by no way a crowd favorite.

^What if Vortex wasnt there?

I'd go ride one of the parks other 3 coasters that feature inversions or be turned upside down just as much on Tomb Raider (which by the way Kong Fu guy/man, TRTR is still there it never left)

You claim these rides keep KI alive. Sure, they have their claim to fame but millions of people arent coming from all over the world to get in line for The Vortex. What keeps KI alive is its variety. So while we may not focus on 127mph coasters with 400 foot drops all the time, we provide something for everyone. Dont get me wrong, I love CP and all its thrills. But face it, CP is more for thrill riders (not that thats bad) where as KI provides something for everyone. I think most people come to KI for the kids rides. After all that is the target audience of PKI, families. Families bring in the most business to PKI. Thats why we got a "family" coaster.