What ride is overrated at kings island

vortexdemon05

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe for you it sucks, but unfortuanently a majority of guests at pki dont think so. The Action theatre can still draw hour lines for that ride on Saturdays and majorly corwded days.

But do you think that the majority of the guests you say love the attraction

would complain about it if they replaced it with a new ride(coaster) giga perhaps with a War of the worlds theme?

I think it's hilarious you guys are cracking on The Beast for not having enough airtime. Have you looked at the layout? It's a terrain coaster not an out and back. Anyways SOB is overrated. The first drop doesn't even give me air anymore and don't even get me started on those trains and the roughness of the ride.

Maybe for you it sucks, but unfortuanently a majority of guests at pki dont think so. The Action theatre can still draw hour lines for that ride on Saturdays and majorly corwded days.

But do you think that the majority of the guests you say love the attraction

would complain about it if they replaced it with a new ride(coaster) giga perhaps with a War of the worlds theme?

Yes they would complain, little kids who love spongebob dont want to ride a massive coaster themed to an R-rated terrifying alien movie. PKI doesnt need a giga coaster at all.

While Top Gun is very overrated and just plain sucks (I was hoping it would be removed to make way for Italian Job), the Italian Job coaster is by far the MOST overrated attraction I have ever been on dry.gif I know I was disappointed with Revenge of the Mummy at Universal (mainly those incredibly lame warrior mummies that just pop up) but at least they delivered what they promised (unlike the Italian Job)! PKI promised a HIGHLY THEMED attraction in which they claimed fish tailing and seat bobbing effects would be a part of. I have yet to experience these supposedly incorporated effects and more over the lack of theming was quite apparent opon my arrival. I thought the CG preview video from last year's media announcement was lacking theming but not only did NONE of the landscaping from the video make it, but only a little of the (already lacking) theming made it into the final product! IMO, this is a step backwards from Flight of Fear and Tomb Raider (theming wise) and is probably on par with Adventure Express (which I love)!

Most over rated ride at PKI in my opinion is Delirium, it is a one trick pony in my eyes. After your first ride it is very boring and the huge restraints take any feeling of danger out of the ride making it a snore fest laugh.gif

I think it's hilarious you guys are cracking on The Beast for not having enough airtime. Have you looked at the layout? It's a terrain coaster not an out and back. Anyways SOB is overrated. The first drop doesn't even give me air anymore and don't even get me started on those trains and the roughness of the ride.

The Beast had some air time why back in the 1990's till the lap bar came. Now it does not have any. Also The Racers had air time.

I get the feeling I'm the only one who enjoys the Son of Beast. Of course it's not The Beast, But everyone needs to get the snot knocked out of them once in a while. (just to keep you humble) I ride it every time I'm there, if the lines aren't long I will ride it multiple times. This year I've ridden it 13 times, and not one bruise or ache to complain about. weird.gif

The Beast had some air time why back in the 1990's till the lap bar came. Now it does not have any. Also The Racers had air time.

The Racers had airtime? Are you trying to say they don't? Cos, Racer might not have much, but recaR is an airtime machine.

PKI rides? Overrated? Never! They all have their own special qualities and features that some people enjoy. Otherwise, they would be gone now. Altogether *SP?* every ride adds something to KI making it what it is. Special memories and thrills for the kiddies, and occasional thrills for the adults. Sure it's no Cedar Point, it wasn't meant to be. It was meant to be somewhere where everyone can find something they like.

Let me give you some facts about Kings Islands rides

1. The oldest train on The Racer going forwards is blue

2. Some one told me this dont Quote me but i think train 2 on The Beast is the oldest.

3. Dont ride on a wheel on the SOB thats what makes it rough. Some of you guys ride on a wheel. DONT RIDE ON A WHEEL.

4. We have the tallest Gyro Drop ride in the world. The longest wodden and the tallest wodden coaster in the world. And the first park to have a steel coaster with 6 invirsions. And one of the best rides from old coney THE FLYING EAGLES.

Some of you guys may agree on this. Some of you may not.

I'm pretty sure that all The Racer trains are from 1972 and all The Beast trains are from either 1982 or 1983 (whichever year they got rid of the 4-bench trains).

Also, Flying Eagles actually isn't at PKI anymore.

I think i know that the eagles are not at pki. im there almost every day.

The Beast is by far the most overated ride at pki, after i rode this for the first time my back was absolutely killing me. If your back has been hurting lately DO NOT RIDE The Beast!

Let me guess, you rode in the backseat? Anyway, I could care less where the Blue Racer trains came from, they're the best.

Since they went to the three bench PTCs on The Beast, it has had the same trains. Although, they have been modified since then. Replacing the buzz bars with the individual lap bars, adding at first the headrests with three slits, then a solid headrest. The most recent changes include adding the seatbelts and the installation of the brake fin on the bottom of the trains.

And what did we get?? A big movie screen with ELECTRIC ROCKING CHAIRS!!!!

To me, the films there have ALWAYS ruined the illusion. They get out of 1st person mode (days of thunder) they go away from the illusion of vehicle movement (James Bond) or they're just plain odd (remember that weird comic book thing?)

Plus, it kills the illusion when you can see everyone in their chairs rocking along next to you!!!

They should have spent some $$ and made it a first-rate simulation like Back to the Future. Right now it's just a waste of space.

Turborides are meant to be different from other motion simulators. Back to the Future and Star Tours are both enclosed, Turborides are more of the theatre type. No simulator is going to be perfect. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages. With motion seats such as those by Iwerks and Technifex, you're able to implement other effects to create a 4 or 5D ride. You typically don't see that being used in Enclosed rides, such as those by Thompson or Doron. Personally, I like Action Theater. If the film is done right and the movements are good, it's done its job for me. (I.E. James Bond)