Longest wait...

Oldiesmann

With the public opening of IJST this weekend, and the expectation of really long lines, I thought it would be fun to discuss the longest you've ever waited in line for a ride (and what ride it was).

Personally, I think the longest I've ever waited is an hour or so for Flight of Fear when it first opened.

Longest wait was MF last year for about 2.5 hours. MF always seems to have really long lines no matter what the day, the rest of the park was almost empty with lots of walk ons but MF still had 2.5 hours. Now one day for TTD I probably waited 4 hours but not consecutively. I waited about an hour till it broke down, then another half an hour until we decided to leave line, then about 5 hours later it was finally working again so we went in line waited another 2 hours untill it broke down then half an hour later they got it working again and we got on. So I probably waited 4 hours in the TTD line before I actually got to ride it.

The longest i waited was for Raptor at CP when it first opened.Lngest at Kings Island was for Top Gun the year it opened man what a dissappointment.It is a good coaster just needed to be longer......

The longest I've waited was 2 hrs and 45 mins for MF last year. It was totally worth the wait but I would never wait that long for a ride at Kings Island though (well maybe for the first time ride on IJ:ST)....I have more patience for Cedar Point rides b/c most of them are more intense.

When it comes to longest waits at PKI, I'd probably have to say it's rare if I have to wait longer than two hours. PKI usually moves their lines pretty quickly, except for FOF, which can be sooooo slow if it's busy.

Cedar Point hasn't learned about this type of crowd control yet. I've waited 3 hours for the Mantis and about the same for Millenium force.

I refuse to wait 6 hours for a coaster! That's half a day at the amusement park!

The longest wait that I've wait'ed was for TTD. On July 31 2003, it was a 2 hour 35 mins. We got in line at around 0940 and got off the ride at around 1100. I did witness alot of launchs. biggrin.gif

I could just sit down for an hour and watch those launches. I even got to see one of those big, fake dragster tires come off during the launch. Scared the censored.gif out of me.

• 2 weeks later...