Longest wait...

Oldiesmann

The longest ive ever waited in line was in MF. I waited 2 hours and i waited 1 hour 45 mins. for TTD. The longest at PKI was Face off for 1 hour 45 mins. We were 3 rides from being on it then it broke down. We waited for 10 minutez then left so we waited about 1 hour 55 mins. Then when we finnally got back to the beginning of the entrence of the ride it started doing test runs. I was super mad. mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the day the longest wait for a coaster was 3 hours for The Beast and 2 hours for the King Cobra. So back in 1984 Kings Island only had 4 coasters for adults and one kiddie coaster. Not alot like today to pick from when you visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was between 2 to 3 hours for FoF during the first season of operation. I thought we would never get on the ride. Esp after watching that pre-show like 10 times so it seemed LOL.

Remember the old signs. It will be aprox 2.5 hrs from this point until we have you in our control...smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Longest wait was for WWC in its debut season. At the time, every other light standard also had a speaker which belted out "Deliverance" style banjo music. Of course after about 5 mins the song repeated. I was not diappointed when the music was removed. As I recall, the line started on the RR overpass. The ride was OK, I return to it religously on every trip.

The other contender(for longest wait) was for Top Gun, again in its debut year. Music was better, as were the theameatics (?) what with the cool aircraft carrier motif and all. But, contrary to the above, the ride was way way to short for the wait. I was sorely disappointed and refused to ride it again for several years. It is only now that I consdier it.

Waiting more than maybe a half hour at a theme park is re-freaking-diculous(sorry, I heard that word today and was dying to use it.). For those of us who can only afford to come once a year and want to ride everything you can in that glorious 12 hours, you have to take your pick as to what you can wait in line for. Some things I'll wait for others I won't.

Also, I can remember not too long ago when everything had long lines every day of the week. Now for whatever reason if you pick the right day you can virtually walk on anything. I suppose that has to do with CDBB and other things.