Found Camping Close to PKI

Oldiesmann

Thought some of you might find this interesting since PKI's campground is closed this season. While driving around after work today, I found some camping really close to Kings Island (thanks to a blue "Tourist Attractions" sign near the intersection of SR48 and US22/SR3, just outside of South Lebanon). I thought I was familiar with all the lakes in this area, but I'd never even heard of this place until today.

Lake Cozy-dale is only 15-20 minutes from Kings Island, but it's far enough off the beaten path that you'd never think Mason, I-71 and King's Island were so close. It's in the little town of Cozaddale, just 3 miles west of Goshen and State Route 28.

Directions:

From PKI, go north on Kings Island Drive.

Turn right on Kings Mill Road.

Turn left on Columbia Road.

Turn right on Mason-Morrow-Millgrove Road.

Turn right on SR 48 and go about 6 miles.

Turn left on Cozaddale-Murdock Road and go about 2.5 miles.

Lake Cozy-dale will be on the right just before a sharp left bend in the road.

Address: 10621 Cozaddale-Murdock Road

For those who live in the Goshen/Milford area, just go north on SR28 until you're just outside of Goshen and look for the sign on the left (the road will be called Cozaddale-Goshen Road). It's just south of the intersection of SR28 and Old SR28.

More info: http://www.lakecozy-dale.com

• Like 1

There are a couple nice camping spots close by Kings Island. Olive Branch campground is only like 10 minutes away and it is really nice with a pool and a game room. . .I wish I could remember the name of the place I stayed last year, but it was right on the river and also rented canoe's and things. It was nice and cheap.

Still, too bad about the PKI campground being closed. It was so close to the park and you didn't have to pay to park each day because you could just take the tram.

Maybe in the future. . .

• Like 1

There's one thats 8 to 10 miles away from the park called Cedarbrook.We have a site booked for 4 nights in the third week of june for our anual trip to Kings Island.Man I can't wait to go............

• Like 1

Not surprised that you mentioned Hamilton County Parks. Their parks are quite nice, and the campground at Winton Woods looks like a great place (I've been through it, but have never stayed there - in fact, I've never even been camping...). Looks like there are quite a few campgrounds close to PKI.

• Like 1