Kingda Ka POV Video

Captain Nemo

Those restraints seem like they'd be able to accomodate ALL sizes of riders - such as myself at 6' 4" and 280 pounds - 'cause as it is now, CP has almost nothing I can ride on. I could never understand that because at PKI, I can ride on everything.

It's Top Thrill Dragster with a few extra feet and a couple extra MPH with a bunny hill and OTSR restraints. I've ridden TTD plenty of times....awesome experience....no reason to go ride what is basically a clone. I think the reason why it has OTSR's is because of the Superman accident not too long ago. The Intamin T-Bar has come under a lot of fire in recent years. Why I don't really know, because they do a fine job at Cedar Point. Six Flags probably requested the restraints, which by the way, are a bit uncomfortable.

Not worth making a special trip to ride when I could go to Sandusky and ride almost the exact same ride. The only differences are its slightly taller, slightly faster, and it has a bunny hill.

Still has the same conclusion, the only reason it weas built was to break a record. It's not really a coaster in my opinion, just a high thrill ride on steel track.

Oh, they have imagination. It's the money that kept it the way it is. Both TTD and KK cost 25 mill, but one is larger. How can this be? Well, a shorter launch and a dual loading station. I have read reviews and there is air time on that bunny hill. The brakes don't really kick in until about half way down.

I haven't ridden either Kingda Ka or TTD even though I am a huge drag racing fan. I can understand why TTD just goes up and down, but why couldn't they build Kingda Ka to do more stuff other than do a bunny hop. Don't they have a little bit more imagination than that.

Cause KK was over way over 25 million dollars to build probaly 30 million and if it did more stuff that probaly would toss it over the 50 million park and that is alot for a coaser.

• 2 weeks later...

I just rode Kingda ka the other day and all of you who said it would be the same as top thrill dragster, or worse, were WAAAAY off. The bunny hill at the end, which i wouldnt actually consider a bunny hill cuz its pretty big, provides tons of airtime and prolongs the ride experience. The dragster, however just ends after the big hill. The OSHR's give you so much room and are so comfortable that you completely forget that they are there. I would definitely take kingda ka over TTD any day

KK looks fun jsut because the cars barely have any sides to them, its just like a seat thats moving at 100 plus miles an hour. The OTSR's dont look that bad actually.

Top Thrill Dragster has open sides as well. TTD also has lap bars, which offer a better experience compared to OTSR's. I haven't ridden KK yet, and don't plan on doing so, considering it's 8 hours from where I live.

http://pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?i=899

http://pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?i=707

http://pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?i=705

http://pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?i=887

On average, Top Thrill Dragster will push anywhere between 120 - 124 MPH. Kingda Ka has an advertised speed of 128 MPH. So I would imagine that KK will push a little over 128, unless it isn't needed.

But hey, we are talking about Six Flags here!