According to Screamscape

KIBeast

Directly from Screamscape, so, take it with a grain of salt. Apparently, PKI is considering removing a major ride. What that might be? They don't really say. Link

Please don't take this as the gospel truth because, often, Screamscape is wrong.

Anyone care to speculate? Of course, we've discussed the removal of The Vortex, Top Gun, and even The Racers, although Screamscape doesn't specifically say that it will be a coaster removed.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked a major attraction may be gone , but I don't think it could be The Racers, surely not!

Who knows hopefully Kings Island will announce it in June since thats when Holiday world is announcing there big news of 2006! Rumored to be the longest wooden coaster built. But for Kings Island to take out a major attraction is wrong!

First off, this kind of rumor gets started every five days so I don't think there's anything to worry about. Second, I seriously doubt PKI would be removing a roller coaster. After all, if they were going to put something in its place they would have to close it down earlier than the end of the season. My guess is that it's just a rumor that will have no substance to it. However if a ride is removed, my guess is that it's not going to be as "major" as people think. Probably something like Congo Falls or a flat. Nothing to get pants in a twist over.

Im just saying if it is The Vortex they better put something great in like a B&M Floorless would go really nice in there. I bet it will be like Slime Zone or somethign stupid though.

IF they tear out a major ride they will wait until the end of August. A steel coaster doesnt take that long to build.

Who says they are taking down a coaster for 2006? Remember the antique cars sitting in the back of the park. The plans for 2006 is NC. But why not take out TG to put in a coaster in 2007? Sounds like a plan.

I can understand why they took out King Cobra. Is there another coaster at PKI that is in the same boat now? Again I am sure this is all just another crazy rumor. People should never post that crap unless they can back it up with facts and sources.

^Yeah, that is what I read. Could be anything? Eiffel Tower? J/K wink.gif

Like I was saying originally, Screamscape is often wrong, but hey, 1 out of 10,000 guesses is bound to be correct. Just take it for what it is...a RUMOR.

I can understand why they took out King Cobra. Is there another coaster at PKI that is in the same boat now? Again I am sure this is all just another crazy rumor. People should never post that crap unless they can back it up with facts and sources.

The only coaster I could see the park taking out is like pki punk said, the ghoster caoster because of its terrible capacity but the kids love it. No other coasters are in very bad shape. I can tell you that it will not be Vortex, Racers, or TG for very obvious reasons. If you all remember a couple of seasons ago Vortex was re-painted and as BOddah has said on here before it got new sensors and equipment so its not going anywhere for awhile. The Racers take up only a long stretch of land and if they were taken out you would most likely have to put in some other type of coaster and we arent going to get another new coaster just one year after getting one. Top Gun still runs fine and just had a new train put on it after it hit that truck, if they were going to remove it in the coming years I dont think they wouldve spent a lot of money on a new train or put a lot of money into fixing one and if TG was removed what else could go back there? Another coaster most likely, but we arent going to get new coasters 2 years in a row.

Is Holiday World really going to put in the worlds longest WOODEN roller coaster? I really hope they do not, that is our title and it would suck to see it be taken from The Beast.

I wish they would take out Top Gun or replace it with one of the good versions (B&M) because it just wastes space right now dry.gif The Italian Job takes up less room and provides a longer and overall better experience than this classic Aero. Although, IMO, they are probably refering to something from Hanna-Barbera Land to make way for the Sponge Bob coaster!

Actually, Holiday World has not said that they are building a wooden coaster. That just seems to be what all the enthusiasts think. No none knows for sure until they make the announcement, which will be I think some time in June. At any rate, I've heard a lot of people saying that HW is adding a new holiday section and anything beyond that, ride-wise, is purely speculation.

^I dont think the train would be removed, it provides good acess to the water park and isnt in anythings way. I dont think we would get the Spongebob coaster, we just got a coaster. Although, I could see Ghoster coaster being re-themed to spongebob since Scooby Doo already has a themed ride. They could re-theme it and make it like the super saturator at Carowinds.

Actually, Holiday World has not said that they are building a wooden coaster. That just seems to be what all the enthusiasts think. No none knows for sure until they make the announcement, which will be I think some time in June. At any rate, I've heard a lot of people saying that HW is adding a new holiday section and anything beyond that, ride-wise, is purely speculation.

I am 99.9% sure Holiday World is getting a new wooden coaster. No specs yet but if you don't believe me, you will in mid June

While I know nothing and don`t want to speculate, I sure hope PKI does not remove any more major rides. Over the past few years, they have not really added to the capacity of the park. They keep removing rides and replacing them with similar type rides. I can see several of the rides in Nick/Hanna Barbera being removed, primarily the Nick Theater, Slime Zone, and possibly Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster to make room for an expansion in 2006. I really don`t see any other major rides being removed in the rest of the park. Why remove rides, when PKI has so much land to build on (even though most of that is rugged land that is not close to any midways)

^Yeah, that is what I read. Could be anything? Eiffel Tower? J/K wink.gif

Like I was saying originally, Screamscape is often wrong, but hey, 1 out of 10,000 guesses is bound to be correct. Just take it for what it is...a RUMOR.

I have seen Screamscape get it right on like with TR, he had a copy of plans on the site. No one believed it was going to be a topspin till the day they was riding it.

I think PKI has better control over loose lips these days or nothing is going on. We don't have rumors like there was years ago.

I like to see a rumor, it lets me know something could be up.

I had an idea for if PKI expands in Action Zone...remove Congo Falls and possibly Timberwolf (they could always build a new theatre), at this point they could put a ride in this old combined site, complete the path loop around Drop Zone, redo Top Gun's queue so that it is entered from the Timberwolf site, and then there could possibly be a space for new path under TG next to SOB.

This plan would be of use for later expansions since AZ is not really in need for expansion right now.

My idea for Ghoster Coaster: Since it seems that NC will take over HBL next year, I see three options for SGC

1. Remove it altogether since it has bad capacity and almost anything that took its place would have better capacity...even a SpongeBob coaster (which I think would be better anyway)

2. Retheme it to Fairly Odd Parents...after all it suits the suspended coaster type better and it is what Carowinds did to their Scooby coaster

I kinda hope its the first one but that's my opinion. I also hope that the Slime Zone isn't removed as it kinda is NC's central attraction (no pun intended) in terms of land. As to the Screamscape rumor, I think its probably false.

I doubt they'll remove Ghoster Coaster. That ride is quite popular. Everytime I'm working over at Alley Cat 500 I see a steady stream of people going for that ride. Plus, Scooby Doo is also quite popular at the moment (Cartoon Network is currently airing three different Scooby Doo series...).

I am 99.9% sure Holiday World is getting a new wooden coaster. No specs yet but if you don't believe me, you will in mid June

well every year people are 99.9% sure that they're getting a coaster so yea eventually you'll be right. but i happen to know will koch pretty well and he tells VERY VERY few people about the plans for expansion until the official press release.. so don't believe any rumors.. they're all made up. though we could very likely get a coaster yes. (from what i've heard some of the higher up employees (aka paula) say the skyline coming down the bridge will look completely different at HW this coming year.

ok back to PKI.

You can't always believe what you hear. But rumors have been going around for a few years now, that we could see Congo Falls being removed. I really have no idea if it is or not. But I would be very upset if Vortex is to be removed.