According to Screamscape

KIBeast

No, it's definitely the cars; so many people have complained about the size of them and how the 1st and 3rd rows of each car rattle violently.

I know Screamscape is just rumors. This is just another ploy of making conversation.

I have a wild guess that the Nick Water Maze could be torn down and the Ghoster Coaster could be re-done and remodeled to that Nick Super Saturator water coaster, Nick Theater will be gone and walls will go up for the Car Wash, and those little kiddie rides behind Ghoster Coaster will make way for SpongeBob SquarePants and his Boating School...of Hell! Mwah ha ha ha!

(Also, the Antique Car cars are still in the park, behind Delirium, and the King Cobra track is still behind SOB, next to some old tram cars.)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could HB be considered a major attraction? Maybe they are going to do the big Nick expansion or w/e (meaing the removed attraction being HB).

Edit: I'm trying to think outside of the box or w/e b/c I don't believe they will be removing SoB, FoF, Vortex, or TG (at least this year wink.gif ...top gun hehehehe)

"Think logically people! Its not the trains on SOB, its the track that ungulates so much that makes it shuffle so bad."

This has been talked about over and over again. The trains are the problem on SOB, not the design or the track. And since ungulates is something hoof shaped or hooved, exactly where is the track hooved on SOB? It's all in the trains.

"Think logically people! Its not the trains on SOB, its the track that ungulates so much that makes it shuffle so bad."

This has been talked about over and over again. The trains are the problem on SOB, not the design or the track. And since ungulates is something hoof shaped or hooved, exactly where is the track hooved on SOB? It's all in the trains.

So is it the trains or the track? I am confussed by this post.

Really. What is it.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been talked about over and over again.  The trains are the problem on SOB, not the design or the track.  And since ungulates is something hoof shaped or hooved, exactly where is the track hooved on SOB?  It's all in the trains.

SOB needs new trains. Sure it can be done they might not look like a wooden coaster train, but I reather see a steel coaster train on SOB with alittle more leg room.

I really want to see the addams family ride happen heck I want to see the addams in all paramount parks I would go lots more because lets face it IJ:ST is fun but not great.

I'd hate to see the Addams family at any of the Paramount Parks. I think it would be a huge and utter mistake to theme a ride after the Addams Family. The Addams Family hasn't been around for years with the last decent movie involving them coming in 1993. Every T.V show that has come out for the Addams Family in over the past decade has been a flop and usually gone under in a couple years. Plus the Addams Family Reunion which is what they want to theme the coaster after was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It had horrible acting and a horrible script, one of the cheesiest movies I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. Plus it only came out on video, wasn't even good enough to go to theatures, why would you theme a ride after a horrible movie that wasn't even on the big screen? It makes no sense to theme a ride after a set of characters that hasn't been popular for a decade and a half. The Addams Family is pretty much dead as a entertainment idea.

If you asked the majority of the people in today's world what they thought of the Addams Family they would either replie "Who" or "Oh yea, I think I saw one of their movies once, I think I remember it being ok". There are very few people that would be excited to hear about the Addams Family and say "Oh I can't wait." Many would think why in the world would Paramount theme a ride after something that hasn't been popular for over a decade and even then the movies weren't even smash hits. I think it would be very hard to draw people in with something as outdated as the Addams Family and that's why I think it would be a horrible mistake for Paramount. I doubt the Addams Family would increase attendence at all.

^Sorry, but people still know who the Addams Family is. Maybe not so much the real young ones, but, people know AF. Problem is, there are not that many good Paramount movies to theme any attractions to. And the ones that are good are already in the park. Of course, there's always Kiss the Girls. wink.gif

Also, Top Gun hasn't been popular in at least a decade, if not more.

^Sorry, but people still know who the Addams Family is. Maybe not so much the real young ones, but, people know AF. Problem is, there are not that many good Paramount movies to theme any attractions to. And the ones that are good are already in the park. Of course, there's always Kiss the Girls. wink.gif

I think you'd be surprised at how many people don't know what the Addams Family is. If you say the name people may be like "Oh yea, I've heard of them." But I can guarentee you that out of those people very few could name characters like Wednesday, Uncle Fester, Gomez, Cousin Itt, Thing, or any of the other characters. Very few people could name actual characters from the Addams Family and would only recognize the name, which would show that people don't really like or know what the Addams Family is about. So although people may know the name of the Addams Family most don't really care about it so I don't think it would draw in many people at all.

I agree with the Top Gun thing, but it was built 12 years ago and when it was built Top Gun wasn't that old. They just haven't rethemed it since it was built, but I would agree that building a new coaster after a Top Gun theme wouldn't be a very good idea. Although, some would argue that Top Gun is a classic movie, much more so than the Addams Family. You see Top Gun on lots of movie countdowns and such, I've never seen the Addams Family, besides it was much more popular as a show in the 1970's than as a movie in the early 90's.

As far as good movies to theme rides after, your right Paramount is lacking, but still there are other, more recent movies that I think might draw more people like Mission Impossible (a new one is starting filming), Sky Captain and world tomorrow, Timeline, the core, sum of all fears, some type of Star Trek, Sleepy Hollow (could be kind of scary), or whatever. I know most of these movies are much worse than Addams Family but at least they are semi-recent and would probably attract more people.

Then again maybe I'm kind of biest because I always thought that the Munsters were funnier than the Addams Family.

I really want to see the addams family ride happen heck I want to see the addams in all paramount parks I would go lots more because lets face it IJ:ST is fun but not great.

I'd hate to see the Addams family at any of the Paramount Parks. I think it would be a huge and utter mistake to theme a ride after the Addams Family. The Addams Family hasn't been around for years with the last decent movie involving them coming in 1993. Every T.V show that has come out for the Addams Family in over the past decade has been a flop and usually gone under in a couple years. Plus the Addams Family Reunion which is what they want to theme the coaster after was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It had horrible acting and a horrible script, one of the cheesiest movies I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. Plus it only came out on video, wasn't even good enough to go to theatures, why would you theme a ride after a horrible movie that wasn't even on the big screen? It makes no sense to theme a ride after a set of characters that hasn't been popular for a decade and a half. The Addams Family is pretty much dead as a entertainment idea.

If you asked the majority of the people in today's world what they thought of the Addams Family they would either replie "Who" or "Oh yea, I think I saw one of their movies once, I think I remember it being ok". There are very few people that would be excited to hear about the Addams Family and say "Oh I can't wait." Many would think why in the world would Paramount theme a ride after something that hasn't been popular for over a decade and even then the movies weren't even smash hits. I think it would be very hard to draw people in with something as outdated as the Addams Family and that's why I think it would be a horrible mistake for Paramount. I doubt the Addams Family would increase attendence at all.

Firstly Addams Family Reunion wasnt a paramount movie it was a Warner Bros. movie the ride concept behind the addams family dive-machine was to be themed to the first two paramount movies in which you visit the addams family manison and test out uncle festers lastest invention and when you return after testing uncle festers invention you come back apart of the Addams Family hence the theme name addams family reunion.

The Addams Family has been around since the 1932 when the comic appeared in the new yorker magazine written by Charles Addams he had dark comedic visions of death and macabre,his comics strips where an instant hit.a guest appearance on Scooby-Doo lead to an animated series between 1973 and 1975 The series featured the voices of Jackie Coogan, Ted Cassidy and a young Jodie Foster as Pugsley. The characters were revived in 1991 and 1993 with the movies "The Addams Family" and "Addams Family Values"which both movies starred Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston The films were directed by Barry Sonnenfield. They were purportedly based on the original cartoons and not the TV show.After the first films release it lead to a new cartoon series in 1992 while the movie still to this day does extremely well when I worked at suncoast we sold a copy of the first Addams Family Movie every week! and

not only did the title garner $113.5 million at the box office, it has so far raised an additional $56.2 million in rentals.

the Addams have shouldered their way up to be one of the prominent families of classic American entertainment, right up there with the Nelsons, the Waltons, the Cunninghams or the Bradys so to say TOP GUN is more popualr is very stupid and dumb of you.

The Addams Family has a HUGE fanbase and when the Addams Family Reunion Concept appeared on the Paramount Survey in early 2004 it ranked 1# so if you asked people if they would like to see an Addams themed ride they would most likely be for it the Addams are far from being dead in the entertainment area people know them and love em and want to see more of them.

***Side Note*** 95% Guests that took the survey said it would double there chances of going to a paramount park if the addams family reunion was built when paramount asked the question on the survey in early 2004 at least that is what I have been told.

I for one would LOVE to see an Addams Attraction I would perfer to see an addams attraction over Sky Captain or Top Gun,M:I,Tomb Raider heck I want to see Addams Family''Movie'' Merch in PKI and other Paramount parks a lot of people feel the same way I do.Sleepy Hollow would never make a good attraction unless it was for FearFest...PKI is lacking in Dark Ride area a Addams Attraction could and would fix that.

I like the Sleepy Hollow idea.

"They could have an indiana jones themed wooden coaster."

Actually, they can't. Disney owns the rights to any Indy themed rides. Lucas thought that only Disney could produce any Indy rides worth doing. I hate to see that too. Not smart on Paramount's part.

Doo, I never knew Jodie Foster did the voice of Pugsley. Interesting to know.

Firstly Addams Family Reunion wasnt a paramount movie it was a Warner Bros. movie the ride concept behind the addams family dive-machine was to be themed to the first two paramount movies in which you visit the addams family manison and test out uncle festers lastest invention and when you return after testing uncle festers invention you come back apart of the Addams Family hence the theme name addams family reunion.

The Addams Family has been around since the 1932 when the comic appeared in the new yorker magazine written by Charles Addams he had dark comedic visions of death and macabre,his comics strips where an instant hit.a guest appearance on Scooby-Doo lead to an animated series between 1973 and 1975 The series featured the voices of Jackie Coogan, Ted Cassidy and a young Jodie Foster as Pugsley. The characters were revived in 1991 and 1993 with the movies "The Addams Family" and "Addams Family Values"which both movies starred Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston The films were directed by Barry Sonnenfield. They were purportedly based on the original cartoons and not the TV show.After the first films release it lead to a new cartoon series in 1992 while the movie still to this day does extremely well when I worked at suncoast we sold a copy of the first Addams Family Movie every week! and

not only did the title garner $113.5 million at the box office, it has so far raised an additional $56.2 million in rentals.

the Addams have shouldered their way up to be one of the prominent families of classic American entertainment, right up there with the Nelsons, the Waltons, the Cunninghams or the Bradys so to say TOP GUN is more popualr is very stupid and dumb of you.

The Addams Family has a HUGE fanbase and when the Addams Family Reunion Concept appeared on the Paramount Survey in early 2004 it ranked 1# so if you asked people if they would like to see an Addams themed ride they would most likely be for it the Addams are far from being dead in the entertainment area people know them and love em and want to see more of them.

***Side Note*** 95% Guests that took the survey said it would double there chances of going to a paramount park if the addams family reunion was built when paramount asked the question on the survey in early 2004 at least that is what I have been told.

I for one would LOVE to see an Addams Attraction I would perfer to see an addams attraction over Sky Captain or Top Gun,M:I,Tomb Raider heck I want to see Addams Family''Movie'' Merch in PKI and other Paramount parks a lot of people feel the same way I do.Sleepy Hollow would never make a good attraction unless it was for FearFest...PKI is lacking in Dark Ride area a Addams Attraction could and would fix that.

Scooby you just proved my point with your numbers. The Addams Family garnered as you say 113.5 million box office with an additional 56.2 million equaling a total of 169.7 million dollars, not bad. Now lets look at Top Gun, Top Gun grossed 521.6 million just in box office alone, so not including inflation, even though Top Gun came out 5 years earlier than Addams Family, Top Gun earned 351.9 million dollars more in just box office than Addams Family has earned total. So Top Gun just at the box office earned more than 3 times what the Addams Family has earned total, if you included rentals, I'm sure Top Gun would beat it by more than 4 times the amount. Also, not to mention the fact that Top Gun is 93 on the all time box office grossings, while Addams family is no where to be seen.

Also, Top Gun is seen in many different movie countdowns while the Addams Family isn't. Including the top movie quotes of all time hosted last night by AFI. Top Gun was 94 with "I feel the need-the need for speed." And while that is pretty far back in the countdown, it was on the list, unlike the Addams Family. So if you look at the facts Top Gun was obviously much more sucessful than Addams Family.

And like I said the Munsters were much better anyways.

No how stupid of you to not realize that the addams are more known & loved they have been around a lot longer than Top Gun why are you wanting to turn this into a Addams Family Vs Top Gun topic?The fact is people want to see a ride themed to the two addams family paramount movies that concept ranked #1 and guests still ask for it when ever paramount has a survey.

^Not wanting to turn it into anything. You made a comment based on your opinion and I showed you through fact that one was obviously more succesful than the other. Besides I was just stating my opinions and you tried to make it peronsal by calling people stupid. So I'm sorry if you can't read someones opinion and respond to it maturely without having to resort to calling people names. It's not even that I myself would hate an Addams Family coaster, its just that I really don't think it would draw many people in and wouldn't help Paramount parks like they would hope. I do agree with you that it could make a cool dark ride idea, but I just don't see it being well recieved, maybe it would be I could be wrong, but I personally don't know anyone that gives boo about the Addams Family.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that you knew all the statistics about all of the surveys. And how many guests actually take the surveys? As far as I'm aware its only the fanatics that are on this site and some of the season pass holders. The majority of guests don't even know that Paramount has surveys, much less care about them. But like I said I could be wrong and you could be right and the Addams Family may be sucessful. But then again with the name issue we may not have to worry about it for years to come.

The fact of the matter is The Addams Family Reunion was very well taken by park guests that take the surveys(All Paramount Parks give out survey cards to guests so that they can join the survey panel ) and it's easy to know the stats all you gotta do is know the right people and keep your ear to the ground.And it wasnt a name issue that is keeping the addams family from being built ..Paramount pursued to get the addams rights and the women who held the rights {charles addams ex-wife} passed away recently leaving the project in a current limbo BUT here is the catch paramount is still in talks with the current holder of the addams family brand and a close source tells me paramount is close to cutting a deal.

Ever hear this one?

We know what people want so lets install something else

Addams Family

The source said don't hold your breath.

The source said what he thought they would do next and as always no one gets it. People are always thinking there has to be more or something bigger and don't pay attention.

The source is mostly correct all the time.

I have heard these rumors from several guests as well as other associates... and i heard The Vortex but that makes me sad... that is my baby and i love it. I heard 2006 and 2008 and i also heard that a much better ride would be put in its place. Havnt they had enough rides in that plot of land though? (The Bat and The Vortex) I also heard that they would be taking out top gun and replacing it with a newer version as well as adding on the the back of the park behind The Vortex and action theater... but i dont know if any of this is true...

^So your saying what's coming is something that is small, uneventful, and something that no one really wants?

I didn't say it. The way I took it was they may do 2 things next in 2 parts of the park. The 2 things was in the surveys and was not The Addams Family so you can pick from whats left.

There was nothing about removing a ride.

Most people here want a large coaster so no it's not what people here want.

Scooby_Doo wants The Addams Family as you can tell.

^So your saying what's coming is something that is small, uneventful, and something that no one really wants?

I didn't say it. The way I took it was they may do 2 things next in 2 parts of the park. The 2 things was in the surveys and was not The Addams Family so you can pick from whats left.

There was nothing about removing a ride.

Most people here want a large coaster so no it's not what people here want.

Scooby_Doo wants The Addams Family as you can tell.

Yes I most certainly do want to see the addams I would go to the park more than I do now.In all honestyI do have my sources not just in PKI but I have other ways to find out whats going on ''behind the door'' if you get what Iam saying those surveys are just a way of telling park guests of whats to come. I have sources that work at Carowinds,Wonderland,Dominion and Great America not just at PKI and so far my sources have been correct for 4 seasons now ..and I never said PKI was getting the addams I said I hear that Paramount is close to cutting a deal with the addams family brand.

Every T.V show that has come out for the Addams Family in over the past decade has been a flop and usually gone under in a couple years.

Whaaa? Okay there has only been one TV show and that was in the 60's if your talking about the cartoon show which one? The Cartoon that come out after the first movie was very popular it ran from 1992-1995 -source Big Cartoon Data Base

Addams Family

The source said don't hold your breath.

Why not? as far as I know paramount is keen on pursuing the addams family reunion coaster last I heard ..when I talked about this attraction with my superviser early in the season he told me paramount really wants to install it in there parks in the near future and are still in talks to get the job done..it will happen when you least expect it.

The fact of the matter is The Addams Family Reunion was very well taken by park guests that take the surveys

Yes it was very very well taken in by the public they loved it..it ranked the highest out of all the concepts paramount has shown on there surveys.

Are you for real? please tell me your joking around...Both movies were smash hits people flocked to see the first movie when it released in Holiday 1990...Nope very few people dont want to see an addams attraction the thing PKI IS lacking in the dark ride area and an addams attraction would be a major plus for the park people would most certainly flock to ride an addams themed ride and it would benefit the park during FearFest.

I agree with you I work in the park and while I do like it it is very short but it was rank #2 on the surveys Iguess it was the next big thing while paramount went after the rights to build the addams family coaster.

Sorry, but people still know who the Addams Family is. Maybe not so much the real young ones, but, people know AF

Yes they do know who they are and having such heavily themed attraction to them would be great while the younger set doesnt really know them which is a shame because all the stuff thats on TV these days is stupid and worthless.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

I'd hate to see the Addams family at any of the Paramount Parks. I think it would be a huge and utter mistake to theme a ride after the Addams Family.

Really how and why do you think it would be a mistake just keep in mind it was the highest rated concept paramount parks have ever put out.

The Addams Family is pretty much dead as a entertainment idea.

Nope far from it...NOW Top Gun is pretty much dead because for one it's characters arent known and loved like the addames.

I think enough people would remember the Adam's Family. If they don't, it would be a "haunted house" style ride that I'm sure would attract kids anyway!

Right on! people would go to the park to see what all the hype is about even if the younger set isnt really familar with those characters they will be drawn to it because it is going to be heavily themed plus seeing that HUGE mansion and the theming would get anyones attention.

well thats my point of views like said before those surveys are telling you whats to come so keep out a watchful eye.