According to Screamscape

KIBeast

You can keep out a watchful eye if you want but, I don't think you will see it.

We were told that we would not see it soon.

When are you thinking they will get  the Addams Family?

Yeah not soon when you are in talks to obtain rights to something it takes time and with the passing of the main rights holder it will take longer than expected but I was to told paramount is very close to cutting a deal why I would say dont expect it anytime soon... but I will say expect it.

When do I think they(as in pki) will get the addams family reunion coaster I dunno most likely after the 2007 season I suppose, because whenever paramount and the addams family brand reach an agreement paramount can start on the planning project anytime time they want.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say it. The way I took it was they may do 2 things next in 2 parts of the park. The 2 things was in the surveys and was not The Addams Family so you can pick from whats left.

Do you have a link to the survey, or do you remember what else was on the list?

-Jake

Idk why they would need to take out a ride either. Has anyone noticed the spot of land between The Beast and FX Theatre (or to the left of Vortex's lift)? It looks like you could squeeze something there...

There seems to be some confusion going on allow me to clear some of this addams info up The Addams Family is by far my favortie paramount movie so I have learned quite a bit about it.

Production on The Addams Family began at the Orion studio, which owned the rights to the Filmways TV library and hence the 1960s TV series. However, during production,Orion's financial troubles, which ultimately led to the studio's demise and purchase by MGM, began. Paramount bought the film rights, finished the production, and even produced a sequel.The only problem and why Paramount hasnt built the attraction we have all seen in the January 2004 Paramount Concept Survey is because when paramount and the main holder of the rights to the addams family were in talks which was Charles Addams ex wife she passed away leaving the project in a current limbo but not to worry paramount is still pursuing on getting an OK so they can greenlight the concept and install it in their parks.

And just because I'm bored here is some cool info on Wednesday Addams ever wonder why her name is from a weekday....

The name Wednesday is a reference to the line in the Mother Goose poem which runs, "Wednesday's child is full of woe."Pretty sweet eh??

I have read that some of you would go to PKI or any paramount park more often if an Addams ride was built I highly agree I would go more often as well while I havent been to the park in a while mainly because the IJ:ST doesnt look all that great to me and maybe thats why I havent bought a pass this year but from what I have read about the IJ:ST it is fun but short I keep hearing IJ:ST is short and not all that great.Iam sure if an addams ride was built more pass sales would happen...

I also keep hearing that a Nick Central expansion is gonna happen in 2006 with a Coney Mall attraction I guess we will have to wait and see I hate to see HB go but I guess it's costing PKI money.

• 1 month later...

I went to the Park yesterday 7-26 and its going to be the removal of Vortex. Apartently its sinking into the ground. I wish that they would just move it. I think taking down a good ride is like an end of a great era. That's been there since 1984. When my uncle used to work there as a mechanic and they had to test that ride everyday do to the G's. Well I hope that this is not true. I guess that we will find out in a couple of months won't we?

Went to the park today and Vortex was shutdown anyone know why? Are these rumors of it sinking true, it is such a popular ride couldn't they move it if they had to?

Best post ever!!!! laugh.gif

If someone were to explain to you why Vortex was down, would it make you feel better? Honestly when you ask the person at the front of the line - why is it shut down - do you want them to say oh someone fell out. I mean this never happened - but it is a machine. Stuff breaks. Cars need new tires, oil changes, new belts, etc. Coasters are the same way. Stuff wears out and it needs to be replaced! It isn't a big deal.

So you see someone standing at the front of The Vortex line. Next time ask them - Is it closed because it is sinking, and drilling machines are on their way to drill down and pump concrete into the ground in an effort to firm it up? rolleyes.gif

Well from my experience at Coney, which is a lot smaller park, often times we would have to shut down a ride while we cleaned up a protein spill, which depending on the ride could take some time, since none of the rides have hoses. (Timt to get the pan and broom out). Othertimes some of the rides are closed (especially the last week in August when the rides are open, because we are so short staffed. In August last year I think we had twelve people in the rides department running rides. I was with another person running the Python and the Bobs. We would run the ride for a couple cycles then switch. We were so short staffed that day that our break people were the President and Vice President of operations!

In most cases people do not need to know what is wrong with a ride if it is closed. A perfect example is the last seat on the Python at Coney, we are directed to not load people in the last row. People all the time would ask why, especially on busy days. If you have riden the coaster, you can understand why it is not loaded.

• 3 months later...

^Personally, I loved the one Disko I've been on. I thought it was great fun and when you throw in the extra hump it should be even better. I can't wait to see the Disko come to PKI and lets face it, the Disko at PKI is as confirmed as it can be without actually being confirmed, just like how we knew that a Nick expansion was coming long before it was actually announced.

Right and at this walk back Jeff also said PKI will be getting Crash Course Boating School rolleyes.gif ...Jeff never said it was a DiskO ScreamScape has streched the truth.

Please don't take this as the gospel truth because, often, Screamscape is wrong.

That is the truth!