According to Screamscape

KIBeast

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 99.9% sure Holiday World is getting a new wooden coaster.  No specs yet but if you don't believe me, you will in mid June

well every year people are 99.9% sure that they're getting a coaster so yea eventually you'll be right. but i happen to know will koch pretty well and he tells VERY VERY few people about the plans for expansion until the official press release.. so don't believe any rumors.. they're all made up. though we could very likely get a coaster yes. (from what i've heard some of the higher up employees (aka paula) say the skyline coming down the bridge will look completely different at HW this coming year.

ok back to PKI.

Well, Pat Koch has said a little something. I never heard it from Will Koch.

There is more room at Congo Falls than you think. There is also some land left over from the KC site.

There are some Huss and S&S rides that would fit in well. IMO there is 3 rides in AZ that could be removed for something better, but at this time I don't think AZ will be seeing action.

I guess anything is possible. I was shocked when I heard of the removal of Tiques, so that goes to show that PKI can and will remove rides that are popular. As far as I know when it comes to Vortex, it's still a very safe and reliable ride. And it was just repainted during the 2001 season. Even though I hate to say it, but that doesn't mean a thing. King Cobra was repainted for the 1999 season and it was removed in 2002. Only time will tell, I'm just hoping that if the rumor is true of major attraction being removed, it is not Vortex. As far as the age of Vortex look at Corkscrew at CP. Been in operation since 1976, so it's been around 11 years longer then Vortex, and i'm sure they are older steel coasters in operation as well. So I don't think the age of Vortex has anything to do with it being removed. I beleive as long as Vortex is still safe and reliable, and popular, it will around for quite sometime. But like I said I guess only time will tell, and before PKI announces anything, this is just a pure rumor.

Wow, we're really going a long time on a silly rumor. But let's speculate: what major attraction could we, honestly, do without? Congo Falls is really a waste of space. . . until the weather gets warm. But there's always White Water Canyon or Wild Thornberries to get wet with.

Kids' rides. . .quite honestly, they could get rid of a lot back there and I doubt anyone would notice, so long as it wasn't SDHC (although I can't see why) or the Hanna Barbera Carousel...although, if they are going to NC instead of HBL next year, that could be a likely possibility.

As for flats. . . Shake Rattle & Roll? The Monster? Scrambler? I know that those are considered "classics" but they're nothing every other park doesn't have. Plus, you can ride them at pretty much any carnival all over the country.

But if it's NOT a ride. . . possibly the Paramount Story? (no. . . it said a 'major' attraction.) There's the Festhaus, but that is a great place for them to make $$ with food. Timberwolf also rakes in the $$ with Spirit Song and other concerts.

My best bet is that when NC is done next year (if that's what it is) that we'll see HBL losing some popular attractions.

I agree with the gitting rid of Hanna-Barbera theme. It is running out and there was speculation they were keeping the old Antique cars around to be used somewhere else. Most likely they will be re-vamped and used in NC.

Just my thoughts.

I just had a thought. Remeber the old turnpike cars that used be back where the Nick Theater and the slime zone is? Do they even use the Nick Theater for anything anymore? I know they haven't had a Nick show in some time now. Maybe they are going to remove the Nick Theater, and the Slim Zone and put the old tiques there, and theme them to Nick. Nick Toon Pike. Hmmm. But like I said before, only time will tell. We'll just have to wait and see.

I just had a thought. Remeber the old turnpike cars that used be back where the Nick Theater and the slime zone is? Do they even use the Nick Theater for anything anymore? I know they haven't had a Nick show in some time now. Maybe they are going to remove the Nick Theater, and the Slim Zone and put the old tiques there, and theme them to Nick. Nick Toon Pike. Hmmm. But like I said before, only time will tell. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Pat, show him what he won!

^ The Rumor is PKI & PGA will be getting Spongebob Squarepants:Crash Course Boating School and The Nick CarWash thats 2 of the rumored 7 rides PKI is adding to the Nick Expansion if we get one in 2006.I always pictured the Spongebob coaster going in where Nick theater is and nick carwash going in where the baby HB rides are in the back of HBL lotsa room back there we will have to wait and see what happens.I also have heard that in front of the new spongebob coaster will be a Flying super saturtor on the old slime zone site and part of the SGC site wink.gif

wow ghost.... that would be awesome! Sounds like NC would have a great lineup.... hoever i dont see all of that happening because new track /theming for the tiques, two new coasters, and 4 other new rides would cost quite a bit of cash.... probably somewhere around $30 million, which is a lot for a kids area improvement...

here is what i'm thinkni as far as the rumor is concerned, and i posted it on buzz earlier this afternoon...

remember a few years ago when all the rumors started about water works being removied? and everybody said won't happen.... can't happen... and then they announced it was gone, only to come back a few weeks later to say it would be re-themed....?

well, what if we are looking at the same thing here.... i'm thinkin if the rumor is true and an attraction will be "removed" it will be FOF.... except it won't be removed, it will simply be rethemed to the MTV Shockwave coaster in the surveys.... with many improvements of course, much like Waterworks wasn't removed, but rethemed to Boomerang Bay..... How do ya like dem apples???

the speculation game is soooo much fun! he he

Why are they going to take one out that is pointless. It had better not be The Racers those are a classic. But of course it is just a rumor.

They are not going to remove The Racers, theres no point at all to doing that, the only thing that could take their place would be another coaster and we're most likely not going to get coasters two years in a row. Im sick of hearing about this Racer rumor, its so completely unrealistic.

^Those are small coasters though. If they were to remove The Racers that would be perfect room for a larger more costly coaster. We could see a new small coaster next year (I pray to god its not jsut a NC expansion and they give us a new flat or something) but we're not going to see a big massive coaster take racers place.

Someone mentioned this yesterday on Coasterbuzz. Remember when PKI was claiming that Water Works was in its' last year? People thought that they were totally removing the water park, which didn't happen. They also went on to say that they could be gutting Flight of Fear and doing the re-theme to MTV Soundwave. That would explain a ride removal of sorts, only to open as a new attraction. Not saying this will happen, but it makes you wonder.

That was you specailk? I read over your post yesterday here and read your post over at coasterbuzz.

I agree with everyone else. We can all think ourselfs to death over this. We'll just have to wait to see what PKI has in store for us in 2006.

Just my thoughts, I wouldn't doubt if it won't be a NC expanson though. But only time will tell.