Information on Runaway Reptar Operations

Spider and the Fly

I am a Ride Operations Supervisor at Lagoon Park, Farmington, Utah, where we recently opened a Vekoma MK 707 Family Suspended Coaster named “The Bat.†I am writing hoping to speak with someone who has operated or currently operates Runaway Reptar, concerning Operating Procedures. Lagoon’s current operating procedures for “The Bat†are preventing us from achieving maximum capacity, thus making our line much longer than it should be and a through put that is grossly under what is obtainable. I am hoping to find someone who is willing to share information so we can streamline operations for The Bat and reduce the waiting time for our guests. Please contact me via e-mail at linearinduction@hotmail.com regarding operations procedures for Runaway Reptar. Specifically, I am requesting information concerning loading, unloading, grouping, and restraint checking procedures.

Regards,

- Sid

Just to clear up some rumors, guy didn't post in here, Dan moved it in here.

Weather or not you wanna tell him is your own business.

Also, his IP does run to Utah area, but he did register with a AOL email address.

Sorry for the confusion Dane. I don't actually know anything about Reptar, although I know people who would. Sid - just have your rides manager call PKI and explain the situation. I'm sure whoever answers the phone can direct their call to the appropriate contact person.

First of all, thanks for responding. Second, I feel that some of you are under the impression I'm looking for an Operations Manual and want to know all of PKI’s Policies and Procedures. The fact is I'm just seeking information about how many operators are used on slow/busy days, where operators are stationed, process of checking the restraints on the train and by which operators, etc. I'm not interested in anything more than what I would observe as a guest.

In response to Oldiesmann, I wouldn't be in here asking for help if our managers would take the time to call PKI, but they think they have the best ideas for operating "The Bat," and it's just not working. The Managers I have talked to about calling PKI have told me they just don't need/want to call PKI. I'm hoping that with someone’s help I can suggest some changes and do so by saying that this is how PKI operates their MK 707.

Regards,

- Sid

P.S. Yes I know AOL Sux, but we all work with what we have. laugh.gif

Sid - I apologize for the misunderstanding. I understand your frustration, and hope you get the information you're looking for. PKI generally has 3 people on each coaster - one driver and two others (one on either side of the train) who check restraints and seatbelts. There are a few exceptions of course, but most coasters have three people.

Speaking only from what I have observed on Reptar as a guest:

Normal crew seems to be 3-4 people. (1 Driver, 2 Loaders (people who help people get into the ride, check restraints, and help them out of the ride), and sometimes a Greeter who pre-checks heights before people get into the line.

I'm not sure how The Bat at your park is setup but PKI went with flush loading with automatic station gates for each row. There is a manually operated gate for the exit. The drivers console is located at the downtrack end of the station on the "Load" side. (thats by the front seat) I beleive they use a co-dipatch system where there is a secondary Start button located at the rear of the station, but if it exists I forget which side of the track it is on....

There is a flaw I believe in that the load station for Reptar is narrow, which sometimes causes congestion. Guests enter the station from the queue area via the rear of the station. The congestion sometimes make it hard for guests to get to the rows for the front side of the train. I note also that Paramount has fixed this problem in later installations of the same ride.

Restraints I beleive are standard for the ride, and include shoulder bars and a crotch strap.

Procedure is approximately:

1. Train pulls into station (they have 1 train)

2. When train is parked, restraints are released

3. Riders Exit

4. Not until all riders have exited are the station gates opened. (I believe this was a recent change)

5. Station gates open

6. Riders Load

7. The two loaders check restraints, assist with loose articles, etc. starting from the front and working towards the rear.

8. Train departs the station.

Just to clear up some rumors, guy didn't post in here, Dan moved it in here.

Weather or not you wanna tell him is your own business.

Also, his IP does run to Utah area, but he did register with a freaken AOL email address.

If your an employee do not reveal anything because you cant confirm who he is, if he needs info tell him to call Kings Island.

Sid, sorry I can't help about the operation of Runaway Reptar because I'm just a fan of PKI, not a worker, but I do have a question for you. I know Lagoon has Spider which is a Maurer Söhne Xtended SC 2000. I have seen pictures of theses coasters but never gotten to ride one, they look very fun. From personal experience what do you think of them?

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Oldiesmann and Coasterville, thank you both very much, you have been extremely helpful smile.gif

Jasper081691, thank you for that information also smile.gif

CombatStupendous89......why are you so Paranoid bro? tongue.gif

thejoker8388, Spider is a very fun and unique, but small roller coaster. It is one of those rides that make you instantly giggle and laugh the extire ride. I just wish Lagoon would have bought a Maurer & Sohne Xtended SC-3000 instead, those one's look much better. I don't know how the M&S Spinners Compare to the Gerstlauer Spinners, but I'd rather be sitting back to back like the M&S Cars. smile.gif

Regards,

- Sid

CombatStupendous89......why are you so Paranoid bro? tongue.gif

Because when your hired by PKI they tell you not reveal anything that you know as an employee that you wouldnt know as a guest. They check sites like these as well as coasterbuzz and others to make sure their employees arent giving away anything a guest could misinterpret. I was jsut warning employees not to do it so that they wouldnt put their jobs in danger, Im sure if you spoke to PKI they could be even more helpful.