WinterFest

pkicr8zychick

I know that there had been some topics about Winterfest coming back or not , well I went to PKI on May 1, 2005 ( i normally have a season pass but i could not afford one this year) and on the back of my ticket it stated "valid for admission to Paramounts Kings Island during same calander year in which it was purchased. Fees for parking , food , merchandise, games , pay-per-ride attractions, special concerts , events or WINTERFEST huh.gif are not included.

So does this mean Winter Fest is coming back!

Awesome!! I have never been to winterfest but i am sure it would be cool.

Same here, I think it will be interesting to go in the winter!

I dont believe any rides will be opened but my dad said when he took me as a baby that the carousel was open and so was the tower (although I dont know why youd want to go up that high when its so cold!) It will be interesting to see if they have ice skating on the pond again and if the IS restaurant is open.

i am hoping it will be back my mom and dad have been married for 23 years dec 18 and that is where they went for their honeymoon, and they stayed at the Kings Island hotel! and i went once but i was like 4 , all i remember is a talking tree! smile.gif

Actually, they had several rides open during Winterfest. They had the Carousel, HB Carousel, Dodgems, the train, and I believe the Antique Cars open in addition to the Smurf`s Enchanted Voyage open. TO my knowledge the Eiffel Tower was not open because of the lights that hung from it in the form of a large Christmas tree. All the lights connected at the top observation decks, where the huges star was that spanned both of the observation decks at the top. And just because the tickets and passes say they do not include Winterfest, does not necessarily mean they are bringing it back, but it is VERY likely.

I spoke with a person in PKI management earlier this spring who said that Winterfest was the worst kept secret. He didn't even know much about it when a map of the winterfest park printed out on his office computer by mistake.

It was also said that last year around June they almost impulsed having it 2004, and that several trees in the HB area were tested with lights to see if the electrical cirucuits would need upgraded. They said it was determined to hold off because too much worked needed done to the infastructure of the electrical system to do it... but that plans were well in motion as well as much of the promotional material has already been created.

I don't remember The Beastie being open back in the early 90s Winterfests. I do though remember the Boulder Bumpers Ice Rink, being able to ride the Scooby Zoom, Smurf's Enchanted Voyage, and in its final season Phantom Pheater. I could be wrong however about The Beastie as I was 8 the final season Winterfest, so maybe my parents just avoided that ride.

I for one would love for them to bring it back. It was always fun to go. I went to The Beach Holiday fest or whatever they call theirs a few years ago, and it pretty much blew in my opinion. So lets hope that Winterfest may be back for 2005.

It dissapoints me that a season pass won't be valid for Winterfest like then

We don't know that for certain. Don't read too much into this, but I can see Paramount offering free admission to Winterfest with a 2006 season pass.

It dissapoints me that a season pass won't be valid for Winterfest like then

We don't know that for certain. Don't read too much into this, but I can see Paramount offering free admission to Winterfest with a 2006 season pass.

That would make sense and go along with everything else they include in the gold pass deal. But should they do this, the price of gold passes might go up slightly.

if winterfest does make a return, i doubt it will be by the end of this year. theyll probably wait until the new hotel is finished next year, considering that will be open year-round. at least then people will also have an indoor water park and the amenities of the great wolf lodge to go to during winterfest.

• 2 weeks later...