Son of Beast's Record Broken?

flightoffear1996

If Intamin is building SFGadv's new woodie for 2006, then you can count on it being as smooth as butter. Their wooden coasters are almost as smooth as their steel coasters. You can count on Intamin to bring something amazing to the wooden coaster community.

If SFGadv wants something big, Intamin will give them big.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think SFGADV would be wise to hold off on the Intamin woody for a year or two. Considering their latest Intamin essentaiy destroyed itself and is requiring additional millions to repair. But hey as said before this is Six Flags and they aren't know for wise decisions.

CP should (and I think is) worry about building an enjoyable woody. Lets face it, MS was a failure! But building an enjoyable woody is probably at the bottom of the list. Why would SFMM want to outdo a park in its own franchise or w/e you would call Six Flags?

"I think SFGADV would be wise to hold off on the Intamin woody for a year or two. Considering their latest Intamin essentaiy destroyed itself and is requiring additional millions to repair. But hey as said before this is Six Flags and they aren't know for wise decisions."

But, their wooden coasters have not had any major problems I have heard of. Not only that, you are talking two totally different types of technologies.

• 3 weeks later...

I could see Son of Beast going cause its really not a classic and if your not knowing what is coming up or in tip top physical shape then you could be in for a big beating and The Beast is just as bad if not worse but that is a classic and they wont ever tear it out.

Holiday World with the way they are building things lately using the layout of the ride to thrill people not height and speed (both of the main coasters are under 100 feet) I dont see why they would change their ways now and ruin what the park has going for them.

Holiday World will not beat Son of Beast's records. I believe that Six Flags Great Adventure will be the one going for that next year with the Intamin plug-n-play woodie. To me, since HW's is going to be a hybrid, then it can't take away The Beast's record.

CP has a hybrid and so does PKI with AE. So Holiday World will have the longest hybrid coaster so what. tongue.gif

No they dont. Gemini has steel tack and wooden supports.

Its still a hybrid coaster. Sure PKI and CP have steel hybrids with wooden supports and steel track. Has anyone been on Tiwisted Siter/ Tiwisted Tiwns? at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom? Its a okay coaster small and good.

• 2 weeks later...

im from canada and my park is PCW but last summer i came to PKI cause when i worked at PCW last year we organized a trip to go to PKI and i can trulyt saythat pcw is a bit better but in rides and fun PKI shatters wonderland....

About SOB Iloved every second of it...the loop almost kade me freak cause its just a lap bar but overall it rocked!

overall i would prefer Kings Island over wonderland because pki have taken their land a preserved it and organized the ride positioning so there isnt ne claustraphobia or no space....now pcw we have cluttered everything and didnt even this about our other 320 acres! My guess is that there planning something big for 2007 if not 2008 but who knows

anyways i think pki will do something grandpa beast lol!

I don`t get how people are calling coasters hybrids. It is not like they are a combination of wood and steel track. Son of Beast is a wood coaster, supported by a wood support structure. Villain at Geauga Lake, and soon to be the Voyage at Holiday World are wooden roller coasters with a steel support structure. Both of types are considered wooden coasters, not hybrids. By the same token, Cedar Creek MIne Ride, Gemini, and Aventure Express are steel coasters supported by a wood structure. But they are still steel coasters like Top Gun, Vortex and Flight of Fear. They have a tubular steel track upon which the trains run.

CP has a hybrid and so does PKI with AE. So Holiday World will have the longest hybrid coaster so what. tongue.gif

No they dont. Gemini has steel tack and wooden supports.

Its still a hybrid coaster. Sure PKI and CP have steel hybrids with wooden supports and steel track. Has anyone been on Tiwisted Siter/ Tiwisted Tiwns? at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom? Its a okay coaster small and good.

Indeed, being a former Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom employee, I have been on Twisted Twins. It is decent. It is great when both sides are running! biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
That pre-fabricated wood is a joke, it defeats the point of a wooden coaster.

How does it defeat the point of a wooden coaster? Its still wooden track. Plain and simple. The benefit, less maintanance for the Park over the years. Still to this day, reports indicate that Colossos at Heide Park is still butter smooth....and its only a about 20 feet shorter than Son of Beast in height. No matter how much you love or hate the ride, Son of Beast is a financial disaster for the Park. Its hardly worth the *additional* money they had to invest in the ride just to get it to the point where it was rideable. Imagine what they could have done with all that money?

- Todd

Have you ever ridden one, I have. (one of my best friends is a foregin exchange student from germany) It doesnt feel like wood at all. It is entirely too smooth for a wood coaster. I would never dream of riding a ride like The Beast and having it feel like I was riding millennium force. Granted Son of Beast is rough, but if your going to spend the money on a coster that feels like it steel, then make it steel.