STUPID HABITS OF PARK EMPLOYEES!

HomerJay

Why wans't he allowed to ride w/ a fanny pack? That seems ridiculous.

Whats wrong with not allowing fanny packs, and device, which may interfere with a saftey device (ie, lap bar, seatbelt etc.)as determined by the operators are not allowed on rides.

Also if you ever plan on going to HW, be prepared to obide by these rules. at HW your not even allowed a camera, regardless if its secured in a pocket or camera bag.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed - in the Legend station - there is a sign that says NO FANNY PACKS. I was forced to leave my fanny pack with the operator. I don't like doing this, as it has my photos of Mrs Admiral and Baby Admiral, along with my Membership Card and my pencam that I use to sneak POV photos. But oh well - the ride was decent.

Hey, Rules are rules and they are enforeced for your safety. Come on guys, Think here. If you have something in between you and the restraint, you say you are on Vortex, the bag that is between you and the restraint comes out, and guess what, you now have a huge gap between you and the restraint, meaning, you are NO LONGER held back in your seat. Guess what, you fall out and go splat on the ground under you. I for one know that I dont want that to happen to me, nor would i want to clean that up, YUCK!

Just a friendly thought biggrin.gif

When I was riding the Son of Beast and the people that were riding the front had a camera on wile going up the lift. The person in the drive box did not stop us. the train kept going. they recorded the whole ride. how could you record on the Son of Beast. it beats the crap out of you.

When I was riding the Son of Beast and the people that were riding the front had a camera on wile going up the lift. The person in the drive box did not stop us. the train kept going. they recorded the whole ride. how could you record on the Son of Beast. it beats the crap out of you.

because some people don't value their valuables. i mean seriously, what is more important to you, guys?

breaking the rules and taking pictures on the rides, or your life?

FORGET THE STUPID PICTURES AND VIDEOS. I mean, they say no cameras for a reason b/c they don't want you suing them if you drop it and it busts in a million pieces. plus if you're busy trying to tape it you're not holding on to the handles like you should.

as for the fanny pack, on Vortex you cam move it up so it sits in the gap. they made me take my bookbag on the ride. i didn't have anything in it that was valuable, i left that stuff in my locker (except for my cell phone which was tied to my pants) and they made me take it on. now THAT IMO can be dangerous b/c if you go upside down it could hit you in the head or it could fall out. it's hard to restrain bags like that. i usually loop it on my legs but even then it is hard to hold on to.

and as for the whole annoying employee bit, a side note...

I like my co-workers but they're 16 and 17 year olds and myself being 20, i'm more mature than them. we get to play music, but we're supposed to keep it down so it doesn't interfere with taking orders.

well yesterday i had to compete over blaring loud music and 2 giggling screeching female co-workers (16 and 17). I almost told them to shut up. Next time I will. I'd rather have the customer hear me say HEY! SHUT UP FOR A FEW MINUTES SO I CAN TAKE THIS ORDER! than hear me say "what? can you repeat that? still didn't get it"

lol. I'm a LOUD person when I yell, and i can easily yell over loud music and screaming girls. I didn't b/c i didn't think my customer wanted to get their ears blasted. lol

because some people don't value their valuables. i mean seriously, what is more important to you, guys?

breaking the rules and taking pictures on the rides, or your life?

FORGET THE STUPID PICTURES AND VIDEOS. I mean, they say no cameras for a reason b/c they don't want you suing them if you drop it and it busts in a million pieces. plus if you're busy trying to tape it you're not holding on to the handles like you should.

as for the fanny pack, on Vortex you cam move it up so it sits in the gap. they made me take my bookbag on the ride. i didn't have anything in it that was valuable, i left that stuff in my locker (except for my cell phone which was tied to my pants) and they made me take it on. now THAT IMO can be dangerous b/c if you go upside down it could hit you in the head or it could fall out. it's hard to restrain bags like that. i usually loop it on my legs but even then it is hard to hold on to.

and as for the whole annoying employee bit, a side note...

I like my co-workers but they're 16 and 17 year olds and myself being 20, i'm more mature than them. we get to play music, but we're supposed to keep it down so it doesn't interfere with taking orders.

well yesterday i had to compete over blaring loud music and 2 giggling screeching female co-workers (16 and 17). I almost told them to shut up. Next time I will. I'd rather have the customer hear me say HEY! SHUT UP FOR A FEW MINUTES SO I CAN TAKE THIS ORDER! than hear me say "what? can you repeat that? still didn't get it"

lol. I'm a LOUD person when I yell, and i can easily yell over loud music and screaming girls. I didn't b/c i didn't think my customer wanted to get their ears blasted. lol

You were forced to take on your bags? Why couldn't you leave your bag in the station? I never once heard that an ride associate told someone to take their bag with them on the ride. We tell you you CAN leave the bag, but we are not RESPONSIBLE for the bag.

I heard an employee ( I don't remember which ride, FOF maybe?) tell the guest that they were not aloud to take the bag from them and to just loop it around their ankle. They were aloud to take cups and prize things from them but not bags. I thought it might be new for this year.

The only time we can't take a bag from someone is if it has money in it. Otherwise we're just not responsible if something should happen to it while you're riding.

Well, I knew that we cant take the bags if they have money in it, but another thing was just brought to my attention today. Appearntly, due to some bags being stolen, a lot of rides are now telling guests to hold on to them. So, it may be a new rule for now on.

The only time we can't take a bag from someone is if it has money in it. Otherwise we're just not responsible if something should happen to it while you're riding.

Well, I knew that we cant take the bags if they have money in it, but another thing was just brought to my attention today. Appearntly, due to some bags being stolen, a lot of rides are now telling guests to hold on to them. So, it may be a new rule for now on.

well i would but like i said... think about drop zone and face/off. you can't take stuff on those rides. Vortex alone is hard enough to take a bookbag on. next time I will just ask my supervisor to leave it in the locker til the end of the day and come back and get it.

The problem with taking bags is, is that guests dont read the signs. It says we are not responsible, our number one priority is the safety and correct operation of the ride not why Suzy left her purse out in the open and now its gone. I dont see why guests bring backpacks into the park. Especially men. What the hell is in there that is so important? Its a hassle to get it through security and a hassle to carry around. I could see if you needed to bring a change of clothes for swimming and such, but cant you keep the extra clothes in your car, or wear your swim trunks and ride rides then go swimming. I had some lady try to give me a duffle bag once and she complained when It didnt fit in the bins and she wanted me to hide it in the drive box, I cant stand it when pepople dont think things through. When I go to the park, I bring my keys wallet and phone, only the things I'm going to need.

The problem with taking bags is, is that guests dont read the signs. It says we are not responsible, our number one priority is the safety and correct operation of the ride not why Suzy left her purse out in the open and now its gone. I dont see why guests bring backpacks into the park. Especially men. What the hell is in there that is so important? Its a hassle to get it through security and a hassle to carry around. I could see if you needed to bring a change of clothes for swimming and such, but cant you keep the extra clothes in your car, or wear your swim trunks and ride rides then go swimming. I had some lady try to give me a duffle bag once and she complained when It didnt fit in the bins and she wanted me to hide it in the drive box, I cant stand it when pepople dont think things through. When I go to the park, I bring my keys wallet and phone, only the things I'm going to need.

i brought my back pack because it's called

"i-have-to-work-in-the-afternoon-at-pki-and-i-dont-have-the-time-nor-energy-to-walk

-back-to-my-employee-locker-and-get-my-junk-and-then-change-and-then-put-up-my

-stuff-and-then-walk-all-the-way-back-to-my-stand"

dry.gif plus not everyone wants to spend 5 dollars on a locker at the front of the park and then another 5 dollars per person on a locker at the waterpark. it's much more convenient to take it with you.

wear your swim trunks and ride rides then go swimming.

and what about the towel? and the shoes most ppl wear at the water park to avoid hurting their feet?

not everyone wants to walk around in a wet bathing suit the rest of the day, esp not under their regular clothes. then you have wet clothes the rest of the day. and no one wants to carry around a sopping wet towel the rest of the day. I know i dont.

tongue.gifstupid.gif (no offense wink.gif )

You were forced to take on your bags? Why couldn't you leave your bag in the station? I never once heard that an ride associate told someone to take their bag with them on the ride. We tell you you CAN leave the bag, but we are not RESPONSIBLE for the bag.

Back when FOF had Shoulder Restraints the policy was to have the guest take the bags on with them. Now with the foot bars its a different story.