New Sign?

specialk141

ok everyone... i may be way out of the loop on this one which is not normal at all for me, however it has been a long while since i've made a trip up ol 71N... Just wondering if a new sign is in place yet??? Opening day is just over a week away and if not, should we expect one before opening day? In the article in the enquirer a few weeks ago Jeff Siebert mentioned a bit about it, but not too much... i was just curious when we were going to see this new sign arive if it hasnt yet! If anyone knows anything i would appreciate the information

now now beast... no need for name calling! I was just sayin that i havent been up 71 in a while and was wondering... geeze! I even admitted i was out of hte loop... lol... i'm just excited about hte new sign, i dont know why, i guess its just cause i'm not a big waterpark fan so i have nothing better to look forward too! ha ha... hope to get my pass this week, and maybe see you all there on sunday!

I want to see a sign of a sign. :lol: Anyway it should only take a few days to add the sign so lets hope we see a sign of a sign

That's a half truth. It will take only a few days to erect the sign itself, but I'm sure (depending on how elaborate it is) it could take weeks or months to manufacture it.

• 2 weeks later...

specialk141, obviously you missed the part that said JK (just kidding, in case you didn't know). I just thought it was funny, being said sign of a sign. You people are way too sensitive. Actually, my I'm with stupid was aiming at what the Rickster said.

Edited by PKIBeast

• 2 weeks later...

The delay is in part because they have to go through zoning appeals with the city of Mason. With current law, they could only build a sign about half the size of the old one. It is my understanding that they are appealing to build a sign of the same size as their last one. Once they get approval from the zoning board, they then have to obtain the construction permits and actually fabricate the design. It is my understanding that they already have a new sign designed and that both Paramount Parks and Paramount Studios have signed off on the design. The latest I`ve heard for the new sign to be built is the end of June or sometime in July, but that`s only what I`ve heard to be the target date. Thinds can change, especially if they get hung up on the zoning board.

Thanks, CoastersRZ, for clearing that up. You would think that Mason would be more than happy to bend the rules for PKI. It's not like Mason doesn't make any money off of PKI. This is something that just blows me away. That these towns, cities, counties, whatever, do nothing except try to **** off these major amusement parks. CP had to battle Sandusky over a new parking tax. Of course, it only affected CP. Sandusky finally caved in and repealed the tax. And now, Mason is trying to give PKI grief? Makes absolutely no sense. First of all, Sandusky or Mason would be overlooked if not for the fact that there are major amusement parks located there. And then, they want to tax them to death or try to restrict them in one way or another. Any thoughts?

Thanks, CoastersRZ, for clearing that up. You would think that Mason would be more than happy to bend the rules for PKI. It's not like Mason doesn't make any money off of PKI. This is something that just blows me away. That these towns, cities, counties, whatever, do nothing except try to **** off these major amusement parks. CP had to battle Sandusky over a new parking tax. Of course, it only affected CP. Sandusky finally caved in and repealed the tax. And now, Mason is trying to give PKI grief? Makes absolutely no sense. First of all, Sandusky or Mason would be overlooked if not for the fact that there are major amusement parks located there. And then, they want to tax them to death or try to restrict them in one way or another. Any thoughts?

I highly doubt the city of Mason is doing this in order to push PKI around. More than likely it is a law that they set up for everybody and PKI has to go through the same procedure that anyone else would have to. Regardless of how big PKI is, it is not above the law.

I highly doubt the city of Mason is doing this in order to push PKI around. More than likely it is a law that they set up for everybody and PKI has to go through the same procedure that anyone else would have to. Regardless of how big PKI is, it is not above the law.

Yeah, I understand your point of view. But, as I said before, you would think that Mason could bend the rules for PKI. Of course, maybe others would see that as favortism, so I see what you mean. Then, you would have other businesses crying over "Why was PKI allowed to build theirs at a certain size and we can't". It just really made sense after I thought about it for a moment.

Yeah, I understand your point of view. But, as I said before, you would think that Mason could bend the rules for PKI. Of course, maybe others would see that as favortism, so I see what you mean. Then, you would have other businesses crying over "Why was PKI allowed to build theirs at a certain size and we can't". It just really made sense after I thought about it for a moment.

Oh, the rules will be bent. You'll see once the sign goes up, but it still takes time. If they didn't intend to bend the rules, they wouldn't project a June or July date... so they basically know that it's going to happen.

Mason will probably grant PKi the zoning variance, because the new sign will be the same size as the old one. The park just has to go through all the proper zoning procedures to get it ok`d by the Mason Zoning Commission, which probably would not object to a sign of the same size. It is a lengthy process, but PKI will most likely get the variance approved. Hopefully, by the end of daily operation in 2004, we`ll have a brand new shiny sign to greet us!