New Sign?

specialk141

• 3 weeks later...

Last I heard the new sign should be in place by the middle of Summer, I would say around mid-July, but I really don`t have a clue. Once the park gets all the permits and zoning variances in place, it shouldn`t take long for the new sign to be built.

TheRickster and I have a running Joke...saying when the sign will come, Marketing will advertise it as:

"The Worlds Tallest, Fastest, and only Looping....sign"

:lol:

m@ilman

BTW, BoddaH...i was watching the coaster videos on PKI.com today (i was bored). I know we have discussed this before, but the video they have for Son of Beast IS NOT shot at PKI (The lake/river in the Rosebowl is a dead giveaway...)...but i forget where it was...do you remember?

BTW, BoddaH...i was watching the coaster videos on PKI.com today (i was bored). I know we have discussed this before, but the video they have for Son of Beast IS NOT shot at PKI (The lake/river in the Rosebowl is a dead giveaway...)...but i forget where it was...do you remember?

Just watched it myself. Some of it looks kind of cheezy.. I think it's a simulation.

New sign is starting to take shape I arrived at the park around 10:30 this morning when I pulled into the goldpass lot just as I saw yesterday except for one of the new poles was in place when I came back to the car around 1:00pm both post had been arrected they are a ugly red primer color and are roughly standing 10 to 15 feet apart

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Siebert at the filming. The sign will be rougly the size of the old one, and will also be a gold marquis. It has the potential to do annimations, but they will not be using them. The sign will simply be to close to the expressway and could cause confusion, so it can't change more often than every 12 seconds or so. I'm sure it'll look great. He jokingly said that the footers go all the way down to the center of the Earth so our children's children's children's children can enjoy the sign. :D Expect to see more construction in July. The footers they have must sit for about a month.

• 2 weeks later...

Vortex, i beleive the news letter says "the same size, wtih a bigger marquis" so the marquis will be bigger but the actual sign will be roughly the same size. the newsletter also says it will incorporate the gates to the design... i'm excited!

• 2 weeks later...