Kings Island Offers a Perfect Blend

OPENING JUNE 3

Paramount’s Kings Island has “brewed†a hot idea with the addition of a Starbucks Coffee location to the 364-acre theme and water park’s list of delectable delights. Starbucks lovers can now enjoy a Frappuccino® blended beverage before riding their favorite roller coaster or a warm cup of Caffè Verona® brewed coffee during chilling FearFest weekends this fall. The full-service, 1,500-square-foot Starbucks Coffee located at the end of the International Street near the Eiffel Tower opens daily at 9 a.m.

“We are thrilled to bring Starbucks to Paramount’s Kings Island,†said David Zellner, Manager of Resale Food & Beverage for Paramount’s Kings Island. “With Starbucks’ stylish interior, including comfortable lounge furniture and relaxing music, guests won’t believe they’re sipping their favorite Starbucks beverage amidst the thrills and excitement of Paramount’s Kings Island.â€Â

Starbucks joins Paramount’s Kings Island’s diverse lineup of dining options including Graeter’s Ice Cream, Happy Days Diner, Chick-fil-A®, Montgomery Inn, LaRosa’s, Bubba Gump’s Shrimp Shack™ and more!

Source: http://www.pki.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=175

Well, as a coffee addict...I'm really happy about the Starbucks location. The coffee I used to get at the French Bakery was AWFUL. CP started selling Starbucks coffee in a few locations last year too, but they just served Starbucks coffee at some of their food outlets. This sounds like a full-fledged Starbucks. (I'd imagine, due to the different ways each park approaches branded food service...)

Any idea of the costs? I just paid $1.80 for a viente drip (reg coffee) in Columbus...I'm guessing the same thing in the park will be around $2.75.

Joel

I can't wait till the first idiot tries to take hot coffee on a coaster and spills over me. Then I could sue(sp) him. LOL. rolleyes.gif

I like Starbucks, but I really don't know my coffee. In NYC this year, my class went into Trump Tower. The only thing we did was go to Starbucks on the second floor of the lobby. Good times, Good times.

If you haven't been in Starbucks already, you HAVE to go inside. It is amazing what they did. Everything looks perfect. Even if you don't like coffee, Starbucks has something for you. My favorite is the Vanilla Bean Frapp with blended cream. Also, later in the year they will be selling the pretzels they had last year at Bakery. So even if you don't like coffee, you can still get something at Starbucks.

I'm a Starbucks addict. . . but I must say that on a hot summer day, that doesn't sound too good. Coffee is GREAT, but I've always found it to upset my stomach at amusement parks (I usually get a big cup before going to Cedar Point).

Still, a cup at night before the fireworks would be nice and relaxing. . .having it at Winterfest would be cool. . .and I still like my suggestion of keeping International Street open year round as a shopping/dining destination, although the logistics are probably not too good.

. . .and I still like my suggestion of keeping International Street open year round as a shopping/dining destination, although the logistics are probably not too good.

That is a good idea. I think PKI could benefit from a nice store with more variety than whats already offered, and a nice, sit down restaurant where you could get waited on. I told them this on the last survey I took.