Internships

PkiJake13

I am sorry but i am only 13 and i should probably know but what is an internship.

An internship is a job that you get when you're in college that is a bridge into your field of study. For example, if you're a business major, you may be set up with an office job at P&G or some other local company so you can get hands-on experience in the field. It's common that when you graduate, the company will offer you a job, but if not, you still have experience to put on your resume'. Some internships are paid, some aren't paid, but you almost always get college credit for them.

If anyone is thinking about theme park internships, don't forget to check into the Walt Disney World College Program. You get paid (minimum, basically) and get college credit as well. I've known a few people during my career who did the program, and all have said they're still glad they did it. One guy told me that even 10 years after college, every job interviewer he's ever talked to has mentioned it, and he's sure the experience has gotten him in the door for interviews.

Of course, it requires putting your life on hold and going down to Orlando for a few months. But, there are much worse places to be biggrin.gif

Joel

If anyone is thinking about theme park internships, don't forget to check into the Walt Disney World College Program.  You get paid (minimum, basically) and get college credit as well.  I've known a few people during my career who did the program, and all have said they're still glad they did it.  One guy told me that even 10 years after college, every job interviewer he's ever talked to has mentioned it, and he's sure the experience has gotten him in the door for interviews.

Of course, it requires putting your life on hold and going down to Orlando for a few months.  But, there are much worse places to be  biggrin.gif

Joel

With Disney you only get two days off a mouth and you don't get to pick the days. I was going to go but things happen. If anyone whats to know I was going to be driving the Monorail around the parks.

Edited by Vortex