Paramount's Carowinds

I've been to Carowinds twice... It's pretty good, although I prefer both PKI and PKD to it. (However, theme parks are kind of like pizza...even the not-as-great ones are still pretty good biggrin.gif )

I'd most closely compare Carowinds to SFoT and SFGA...all three parks are pretty similar in size, attractions offered, and surrounding area. And, all are fun parks (but in the lower range of my top ten favorites...).

Carowinds had two rides that I really enjoyed (in addition to the coasters of course) that were pretty unique...one was a ship that swung all the way around (VERY scary!!), and the other was an indoor pirate ship where there are two rows of long benches facing each other, and the surrounding scenery "rocks" around you, until eventually it appears you're upside down. But, you never actually move--it's all a visual illusion. It was such a simple ride, but so very effective. (It's been a few years since I've been to Carowinds, so I'm not sure if either of those are still there.)

Joel

Howdy,

PC is my home park and I must say you'll probably have the weird feeling you've seen the place before somewhere (PKI).

There are a couple places where they look kind of similar.

PC is more of a family park than PKI. PKI would have more thrills I'd say, but PC isn't this huge park where it takes forever to walk around either.

PC is slightly smaller parksize than PKI, but acerage PKI has PC by about 500 acres I believe.

Which is agood thing, you don't have huge que hikes like for Top Gun at PKI.

The park seems to be well run and you'll find your beloved flyers are running great at PC smile.gif.

Enjoy the park!

Must rides:

The flyers (obviously)

Borg

Top Gun

Thunder Road (almost exact clone of The Racer though)

Hurler front seat only (others will make you lose your teeth).

If you're going any day but Saturday most everything will be a walk on.

Oh and check out Flying Dutchman's Revenge it's "new" this year (came from PCW) and it's a fun little flat over near the Flyers.

Carowinds is a great park and home to my favorite coaster of all time: Top Gun the jet coaster! Rebel Yell is awesome because it goes over the north carolina and south carolina state line and is just in general a fun ride. Top Gun the jet coaster has some good theming and is a fantastic coaster!

• 4 weeks later...

I visited PC back in 1994, so it was over 10 years ago. But when I was there in '94 I had a really good time. Thunder Road was a great ride, (now even one side runs backwards). I enjoyed Vortex, and Hurler as well. You shoudl have a good time.

^ Actually no. It's the opposite.

Racer does not have a clone. I've been on all 3.

Thunder Road and Rebel Yell are exact copies. Racer is the only one of the 3 that splits out at at an angle at the end before the turn around.

TR and RY do not do this and stay together all the way until the turnaround/fanturn.

Racer - http://www.rcdb.com/ig69.htm?picture=1

Rebel Yell - http://www.rcdb.com/ig88.htm?picture=2

Thunder Road - http://www.rcdb.com/ig84.htm?picture=2

I actually prefer Racer over the other 2 for some reason. It'd be nice if they actually let Thunder Road race. They hardly ever put the effort into racing them anymore. wacko.gifrolleyes.gif

I would still say PKI is beteer but i have nver been.

your a dumb ass!!! PC is a better OVERALL park! Get off your ass and go there before u think PKi is better! Your stupid

Hmmm...Last I checked (and I could be way off here), but I believe people were allowed to have their own opinion.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

And again, I could be way off here, but name calling is something I'd expect from a 4th grader. You wouldn't happen to be a 4th grader, would you?

And finally, you are on a Kings Island "FANSITE"

Usually, a fansite dedicated to a particular park is going to have a bias towards that park. Now, off to your little Carowinds fansite. I'm tired of your trolling.

I would still say PKI is beteer but i have nver been.

your a dumb ass!!! PC is a better OVERALL park! Get off your ass and go there before u think PKi is better! Your stupid

Hmmm...Last I checked (and I could be way off here), but I believe people were allowed to have their own opinion.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

And again, I could be way off here, but name calling is something I'd expect from a 4th grader. You wouldn't happen to be a 4th grader, would you?

And finally, you are on a Kings Island "FANSITE"

Usually, a fansite dedicated to a particular park is going to have a bias towards that park. Now, off to your little Carowinds fansite. I'm tired of your trolling.

Yeah, this is obviously very rude and inappropriate. Although, I get the feeling that Snapper may enjoy raising a few eye brows. I also find it kind of funny that he used the wrong "your" (correct usage: "you're") when calling someone else dumb.

HOWEVER...I think his underlying point had some merit. His basic complaint (regardless of how poorly it was stated) was that someone was stating an opinion that PKI was better than Carowinds, even though he said he had never been to Carowinds. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion IF the person has some basis for forming that opinion. Someone who has not been to both parks cannot have a valid opinion that one is better than the other. (Or, that MF is a better coaster than TTD, when in the same sentence saying he has never ridden TTD.) I could say that Hawaii is better than the Bahamas, but I've never been to the Bahamas, so my opinion on that matter would be pretty much worthless...

And, FWIW, I DON'T think Carowinds is a better park than PKI. (And, I've been to both multiple times...) However, I do think Carowinds is a better park than both SFGA and SFoT... So, to each his own.

Joel

However, I do think Carowinds is a better park than both SFGA and SFoT...  So, to each his own.

Better park, but not better coasters unfortunatley lol.

Top Gun beats Batman of course, but most of the coasters are a far cry from the ones at SFOG.

Although our rideops know how to run them better at PC. lol