Help us improve PKIC!

Dan and I have been rumbling through ideas as to how we could improve the site, but in the end, it comes down to what you guys think of the site. We can make all of the updates in the world, but if you guys stop coming back, it makes it a little pointless, now doesn't it? Please respond below to the questions and help make PKIC a better site! Please note that this simply to give you guys what you want, we're not going to take it personally if you disagree with some of the things that we do.

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

a. Every day

b. Every Week

c. Every month

d. Casually

e. When there's something of interest that may be on the site.

f. Rarely

g. Other (define)

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

b. The photo gallery

c. The articles/editorials

d. Other content (define)

Question 3:

The content of PKIC meets or exceeds what I desire out of the page:

1. Strongly disagree

5. Strongly Agree

Question 4:

The moderators and admins on this site are fair when making decions about closing, deleting, and moving topics.

1. Strongly disagree

5. Strongly Agree

Question 5:

The content of PKIC is superior to similar sites involving amusement parks.

1. Strongly disagree

5. Strongly Agree

Questions 6:

If there was one thing thing that PKIC could add that would bring the quality of the site to the next level, what would it be?

Question 7:

What is the one thing you like best about PKIC?

Question 8:

What is the one thing you DISLIKE most about PKIC?

If you have any final questions/comments/concerns please post them here.

Thank you!

Ryan

Question 1:

I visit PKIC:

a. Every day

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because of:

a. The forums

Question 3:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 4:

The moderators and admins on this site are fair when making decions about closing, deleting, and moving topics.

5. Strongly Agree

Question 5:

I give it a 4.

Questions 6:

If there was one thing thing that PKIC could add that would bring the quality of the site to the next level, what would it be?

A brand new, totally intuitive and thorough layout, with content that would blow your mind.

Question 7:

The good atmosphere on the forums. Plus the staff is awesome.

Question 8:

I really don't have a dislike about PKIC, just some of the topics on the forums are a little repetative.

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

a. Every day

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

Question 3:

I give it a 4.

Question 4:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 5:

I give it a 4.

Questions 6:

Maybe a layout similar to universal-excitement.com with random Paramount music that plays on the homepage or the addition of navigational park maps similar to the ones on visionsfantastic.com. Although, theres nothing wrong with this site's current layout!

Question 7:

The constant updates and amazing staff!

Question 8:

Umm, not enough editiorials, some interviews would be neat.

Keep up the great work guys!

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

a. Every day

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

Question 3:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 4:

Question 5:

Questions 6:

A chat room with scheduled chats

Question 7:

The fact that you don't have to pay for certain features on the site

Question 8:

Cannot think of anything rite this moment

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

a. Every day

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

Question 3:

Question 4:

Question 5:

Questions 6:

Perhaps a new layout.

Question 7:

Forums

Question 8:

Lack of a chat.

Question 1:

I visit PKIC everyday.

Question 2:

The main resason is for the forms, Im in ecology and I want to here peoples thoughts about what they think, like was there trash can's empty and not smellie, were the path clean and so forth.

Question 3:

5 I usally agree.

Question 4:

5 Mostly agree.

Question 5:

About the same in there own different areas.

Question 6:

Can't really think of anything. I like the way the sites being ran.

Question 7:

I love the forms.

Hope this helps!!! biggrin.gif

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

A. Everyday

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

d. Everything about it

Question 3:

5-Strongly agree

Question 4:

4. Agree

Question 5:

5. Strongly Agree

Questions 6:

Everything that people would need to knowabout PKI

Question 7:

The people, Nice and are very fun!

Question 8:

How some people Dis on other Paramount parks.

If you have any final questions/comments/concerns please post them here.

THIS IS THE BEST SITE EVER. It's my home page and I am on almost every minute. Keep up the great work!

Qustion 1: b. Every Week

Qustion 2: a. The forums, b. The photo gallery

Qustion 3: 4

Qustion 4: 3

Qustion 5: 3 so so

Qustion 6: Please put spell check back on the forms. You had spell check before the last update why did it go? Also a better looking History area would be nice.

Qustion 7: The nice people and the updates that everyone does from pictures to tell use about their trips.

Qustion 8: to many links to get to the history, pictures and videos

I visit PKIC:

d. Casually

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

Question 3:

3 - Once again, the design of the site is its strong point. Its content isn't anything spectacular.

Question 4:

4 - They usually are, though sometimes they close topics merely for the reason they are not amused by them.

Question 5:

3 - The design of the site is great but the content is pretty much normal. I mean there is nothing in the photo gallery any joe schmoe can't take with his own camera.

Questions 6:

Low Quality and High Quality versions of their movies, and make it a format that will play on both Windows and other operating systems, such as MPEG. Also MORE EDITORIALS.

Question 7:

Active Forums

Question 8:

It needs to be more accessable and standards compliant so that people using older/different operating systems can access it to the same extent as those using Windows XP.

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

a. Every day

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

b. The photo gallery

A & B...I visit because of the photo gallery and forums.

Question 3:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 4:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 5:

5. Strongly Agree

Questions 6:

More old school KI movies would be nice and maybe some old pictures of the Hanna-Barbera Land.

Question 7:

Everyone is nice on the forums and I love the photo gallery.

Question 8:

The IJ:ST themed skin...sorry I just dislike the color black on a forum.

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

b. Every Week

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

b. The photo gallery

c. The articles/editorials

All of the above.

Question 3:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 4:

4. Pretty much agree.

Question 5:

Probably. I really don't know about other sites.

Questions 6:

::cough:: more Mac-friendly stuff maybe? ::cough::

Question 7:

Anyone can contribute. And the way you guys run things here.

Question 8:

Can't think of any.

• 3 weeks later...

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

a. Every day

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

Question 3:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 4:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 5:

4.Mostly Agree

Questions 6:

If there was one thing thing that PKIC could add that would bring the quality of the site to the next level, what would it be? What about a track record?

Question 7:

What is the one thing you like best about PKIC? Mostly the good conversations in the forum.

Question 8:

The constant butchering of the english language.

Yay for correct grammer! I can't stand the people who TYPE IN ALL CAPS, or never, and i mean never use punctuation or caps its like an on going run on sentence or something

Please use punctuation, proper grammer, and caps only when needed. Now I'm going to get yelled at because I'm not a moderator and can't tell people what to do.

Yay for correct grammer! I can't stand the people who TYPE IN ALL CAPS, or never, and i mean never use punctuation or caps its like an on going run on sentence or something

Please use punctuation, proper grammer, and caps only when needed. Now I'm going to get yelled at because I'm not a moderator and can't tell people what to do.

Use of proper grammar is part of PKIC's TOS. We try to be a little laid back with it because, hey, this isn't English class. Then again, typing in all caps, writing an entire paragraph without punctuation, or typing in elite or hacker languages is never acceptable and is grounds for suspension/banning.

Qustion 1:

I visit PKIC:

a. Every day

b. Every Week

c. Every month

...All of the above....

Question 2:

I visit PKIC because:

a. The forums

Question 3:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 4:

5. Strongly Agree

Question 5:

5. Strongly Agree

Questions 6:

If there was one thing thing that PKIC could add that would bring the quality of the site to the next level, what would it be? I dont know...

Question 7:

The Forums and updates

Question 8:

The people that spam

But, Ryan, I could go now and point out several paragraphs that are run on sentences that are in current topics. I don't see where the problem is being addressed. It's so hard to read them when you can't separate one thought from another without re-reading it, which I don't like to do. I mean, really, how hard is it to use the punctuation keys to separate your sentences?

But, Ryan, I could go now and point out several paragraphs that are run on sentences that are in current topics. I don't see where the problem is being addressed. It's so hard to read them when you can't separate one thought from another without re-reading it, which I don't like to do. I mean, really, how hard is it to use the punctuation keys to separate your sentences?

You're pretty much right, and we've developed a plan. From now on, if we see any terrible posts, we're going to remove them and insert a default admin quote saying that the post was eliminated due to a ToS violation. We're not going to be Nazis about it or anything, but posts that are blatantly ignorant or hard to read really have no place here.

But, Ryan, I could go now and point out several paragraphs that are run on sentences that are in current topics.  I don't see where the problem is being addressed.  It's so hard to read them when you can't separate one thought from another without re-reading it, which I don't like to do.  I mean, really, how hard is it to use the punctuation keys to separate your sentences?

You're pretty much right, and we've developed a plan. From now on, if we see any terrible posts, we're going to remove them and insert a default admin quote saying that the post was eliminated due to a ToS violation. We're not going to be Nazis about it or anything, but posts that are blatantly ignorant or hard to read really have no place here.

Its a shame that PKIC had a spell check before and someone took it out. Where is it now? Why does PKIC feel like PKIU with the post of spelling and things. Thats what I don't like about PKIC now it feels to much like PKIU.

But, Ryan, I could go now and point out several paragraphs that are run on sentences that are in current topics.  I don't see where the problem is being addressed.  It's so hard to read them when you can't separate one thought from another without re-reading it, which I don't like to do.  I mean, really, how hard is it to use the punctuation keys to separate your sentences?

Its a shame that PKIC had a spell check before and someone took it out. Where is it now? Why does PKIC feel like PKIU with the post of spelling and things. Thats what I don't like about PKIC now it feels to much like PKIU.

The spell check is currently unavailable for our version of Invision. This has nothing to do with being Nazis, if you forget a comma, whatever. This has to do with posts that are just so terrible that they're difficult to read. It keeps the "junk" off of the forums. We have the ToS for a reason, it's not for us, it's for you. When looking at our competitor's forums, I have to page through two or three pages of one word responses and emoticons. It makes me not want to click on a topic if I think it's not worth my time. We run them in two different ways, which is fine, but we want our forums to contain content that's fun and easy to read.

Edit: I also want to add that the lines of communication are always open. If you feel as though a post was deleted unfairly, or that something is unjust on the forums, feel free to e-mail, IM, or PM us at any time us with questions/comments/concerns.