TR: 6/6/05

Pirate of PKI

( Update: Delerium was once against closed down all day today. SOB and TG were also closed down at one point in the day. )

We got to the park at 10:30 and avoided the picture people nicely. Headed to Action Zone first as usual, and like my last visit (5/29), Son of Beast was closed down. It didn't open until way later in the day, i'm guessing somewhere around 2:00, but i'm not certain. I had a feeling it was going to be one of those nasty limited operation days the park has been having lately. The Face/Off line looked pretty full, so we headed all the way over to Vortex where we were about to walk on, but they had to bring out the hose and wash off the front seat because someone had threw up. After Vortex we headed over to Rivertown, but first we stopped and got an Italian Job: Stunt Track reservation ticket. The ticket was for 2:00 to 3:00. On such an empty day as it was, we were shocked to see Tomb Raider: The Ride had an incredibly long line. Since who I was with had yet to ride TR:TR, we were thinking about waiting in line but instead we walked onto The Beast. Headed out of Rivertown and waited one ride to get onto Troika, then again walked onto Vortex for a second time. We walked back to Action Zone after that and got to the gates of Top Gun, just as a crew member got on the microphone and announced that it was experiencing technical difficulties, so we had to exit through the entrance. After that was my first ride on Xtreme Skyflyer. It was an amazing experience, and I absoltuely loved when the floor drops. Face/Off was still a long line, so we hit RaceR and then Beast again. We got to the IJ:ST entrance exactly at 2 and waited exactly 50 minutes before getting to the gate. I was impressed with the ride. The launch was great, the all around speed the whole ride was good, and the tunnel was as good as finale as I could think of. Oh, and somewhere in there we made room to walk onto Adventure Express.

Time spent at the park: 10:30-3:30

Rides (all rides not listed with wait time was a walk-on): Italian Job: Stunt Track (50 minutes), The Beast, RaceR (5 minutes), Vortex (2), Troika, Xtreme Skyflyer, Adventure Express.

Son of Beast was up and running because I went to see a movie and i passed by pki at 2:00 so it was running at that time. Delerium has been down all week and will be all of this week. I talked to someone who works in maintenance and they told me that someone from huss is coming down to look at the problem. thats what he told me. he said that it could be running by tomrrow or it could take days to fix the problem. he did not tell me what the problem was. but i asked him why several times he did not tell me.

Fun without risk

Fun without risk

HUSS creates rides which are amazing fun and quite a thrill, yet always within the boundaries of what is comfortable and safe for the rider. All HUSS machines fulfill the strict German manufacturing standard DIN 4112 "Moving Overhead Structures" and are approved by the German TãV (Technical Control Board ), before being passed on to the customer. HUSS is modestly proud of their well earned reputation for developing quality rides.

Feeling Good

Engineers at HUSS dedicate a considerable amount of time to developing interesting ride movements, while taking passengers' well being into account. They realize the importance of creating rides that appeal to a wide area of the public, rides which people enjoy without any ill side effects, so that they want to ride again and again.

Slingshot is awesome I'll tell you all that. I get to test ride it because I work on the crew. I like it better than I do skyflyer, but thats only my opinion i dont like really being pulled up... now getting shot up into the air, thats a whole different story.

I've ridden both- and it's all up to what kind of thrill you are after. It took me a few rides to actually enjoy skyflyer as much as I do now. At first I hated it. As for Slingshot- it's thrill is starting to wear off on me, because I have ridden it so many times. It's still good, though.

Ps- If you rode skyflyer on 6/6, you most likely saw me. I was there ALL DAY.

Skyflier is a great ride. It's actually a lot of fun. If you can get a couple of other people to ride with you, it just adds to the experience. I have rode it twice. Once with 2 other people, and once by myself. Riding by yourself is pretty scary cause your up there all by yourself.

( Update: Delerium was once against closed down all day today. SOB and TG were also closed down at one point in the day. )

We got to the park at 10:30 and avoided the picture people nicely. Headed to Action Zone first as usual, and like my last visit (5/29), Son of Beast was closed down. It didn't open until way later in the day, i'm guessing somewhere around 2:00, but i'm not certain. I had a feeling it was going to be one of those nasty limited operation days the park has been having lately. The Face/Off line looked pretty full, so we headed all the way over to Vortex where we were about to walk on, but they had to bring out the hose and wash off the front seat because someone had threw up. After Vortex we headed over to Rivertown, but first we stopped and got an Italian Job: Stunt Track reservation ticket. The ticket was for 2:00 to 3:00. On such an empty day as it was, we were shocked to see Tomb Raider: The Ride had an incredibly long line. Since who I was with had yet to ride TR:TR, we were thinking about waiting in line but instead we walked onto The Beast. Headed out of Rivertown and waited one ride to get onto Troika, then again walked onto Vortex for a second time. We walked back to Action Zone after that and got to the gates of Top Gun, just as a crew member got on the microphone and announced that it was experiencing technical difficulties, so we had to exit through the entrance. After that was my first ride on Xtreme Skyflyer. It was an amazing experience, and I absoltuely loved when the floor drops. Face/Off was still a long line, so we hit RaceR and then Beast again. We got to the IJ:ST entrance exactly at 2 and waited exactly 50 minutes before getting to the gate. I was impressed with the ride. The launch was great, the all around speed the whole ride was good, and the tunnel was as good as finale as I could think of. Oh, and somewhere in there we made room to walk onto Adventure Express.

Time spent at the park: 10:30-3:30

Rides (all rides not listed with wait time was a walk-on): Italian Job: Stunt Track (50 minutes), The Beast, RaceR (5 minutes), Vortex (2), Troika, Xtreme Skyflyer, Adventure Express.

whats Troika?

Deilirium will probably be down for a while... (I talked to a Delirium associate who got sent to West Pie on Sunday).

I would love to ride SlingShot, but am not willing to pay any more than about $5 to do so...

One thing I did notice last Saturday regarding Slingshot is they adjust the price of the ride reflective of how many people are in the park. Right before noon it was $15 a person, but late afternoon when the park had MANY more people, the price was up to $20 per person. So keep your eye on the price since it obviously is an adjustable rate. I'm not a fan of paying an admission price to a park, then being charged again for individual rides, so I avoid them.