PKI Newsletter #6

BoddaH1994

July 4th Weekend Explodes With Entertainment!

This year’s Fourth of July event at Paramount's Kings Island will be a whole weekend of Star Spangled Celebration!

Saturday, July 2nd - Monday, July 4th will be one of the most exciting weekends that PKI has seen in quite some time. During the daytime, captivating entertainment and opportunities for family fun will be initiated by live music throughout the park, antique costumes, banjos playing and dancing through the streets. However, the fun will not stop there! Saturday, July 2nd also marks the return of the hugely successful Nickelodeonâ„¢ Celebration Parade where kids and adults alike can sing and dance in the streets with their favorite Nickelodeon characters such as the Rugratsâ„¢ gang and SpongeBob Squarepantsâ„¢ and his Bikini Bottom buddies. Plus there's even more characters, more floats, and tons more excitement in store for year two!

Dining options for the holiday weekend include the All-American Independence Day Buffet that the whole family can enjoy. Families can enjoy the all-you-can-eat smorgasbord of southern fried chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, plus dessert and soft drinks for just $9.99 for adults and $5.99 for kids. Click here to purchase tickets now!

Additionally, each night during this weekend celebration, Paramount’s Kings Island Nights of Fire returns with three nights of firework spectaculars. Plus, this year you can enjoy it all in 3-D! These awe-inspiring displays of eye-catching pyrotechnics will light up the skies beginning each night at 9pm. Mark your calendars and make plans now to join us for a memorable 4th of July celebration weekend!

Tell us about your last park visit, win prizes!

Tell us about your last trip to the park and you could win park tickets or one of a hundred gift certificates worth up to $1,000. We'll use your feedback to make your next trip better! Participate in the guest satisfaction survey today!

Want another chance to win? Tell us about your experience on the new Italian Job Stunt Track.

Pretty Ricky Coming to TimberWolf

Paramount’s Kings Island, KISS 107, and I-Wireless are showcasing their second installment of the Summer Concert Series with the up-and-coming Hip Hop group, Pretty Ricky. The group will take the stage Saturday, June 25th, at 7:30pm at the TimberWolf Amphitheatre.

Much like the Jackson 5, Pretty Ricky features the talents of four brothers, Slick ‘Em, Baby Blue, Spectacular, and Pleasure. They have been working their way to the top since 1997, and are currently being fueled by their hit single getting its fair share of radio play. Additionally, the May issue of Vibe magazine named Pretty Ricky one of the next artists to watch making this a concert you won’t want to miss!

Tickets for the KISS Summer Concert Series are available at all Ticketmaster locations and ticketmaster.com. Tickets are just $20 and include park admission after 5pm. For guests with pre-purchased tickets or season passholders, concert tickets are just $10. For more information on the KISS-FM summer concert series, visit pki.com.

Buy Three Adult Season Passes, Get One Free!

For a limited time, the Four Pack of Season Passes is the same price as three individual adult passes! That means, you buy three and you'll get a fourth absolutely free. To take advantage of this great deal, click here.

Starbucks Opens Doors at PKI

Looking for a place to relax after taking advantage of 365 acres of overwhelming fun? PKI now offers the perfect spot to relax and catch your breath before you enjoy the more than 80 rides, shows and attractions. Friday, June 3rd marked the opening of the final addition in a season of new dining establishments at PKI. On the heels of the hugely successful grand openings of the Happy Days Diner and Chic-fil-A, Starbucks opened its doors at their new International Street location near the base of the Eiffel Tower.

Offering a full menu of your favorite coffee blends, chilled drinks, and pastries, Starbucks provides a soothing spot for those looking for a pick me up to get the day started right or those seeking a destination to wind-down after a full day at Paramount’s Kings Island.

MTV2 Nesquick Gameriot

MTV2 presents Nesquik GameRiot, powered by Xbox as the country’s biggest traveling video game expo and competition. Come check out 25 new and unreleased video games on 70 gaming stations, meet and beat Zyos, the #1 Halo player in the world, receive big prizes in the MTV2 Head2Head Dogfight competitions, and win free stuff!

Wednesday, June 15th - Sunday, June 19th. Cost is free with park admission!

A Day With My Grandparents

My most memorable experience at Kings Island was over 25 years ago. I remember my family rented a huge RV so all of us could travel together. My grandparents were with us and I might add that these were grandparents like no other! They taught us so much about life and living. Being a child, I thought it was quite humorous that these "old people" were going to a thrill park with us. But wouldn't you know it - they did everything we did! My grandfather rode The Racer with us laughing and screaming the whole way. They kept up with us wherever we went even though we walked our feet off and the heat was overwhelming at times. They NEVER complained. They seemed to be enjoying the day even more than we were. But how could that be? Maybe it was because they had lived through the Depression and World War II, and had learned not to take any day for granted. When we finally did stop for ice cream and a break, it was the best ice cream I ever had -- not because it tasted so good but because I realized I had learned something that day that I hope to pass to my young children. A day at Kings Island is fun and action-packed just as life tends to be however, if we don't sit in the shade and enjoy an ice cream break and the people in our lives, then we really aren't living at all. It's the people and family in your life that makes everything else worthwhile! Thank you for such wonderful memories.

Betty B. from Stanford, KY. will receive two tickets to Paramount's Kings Island. Winners are randomly selected. Submit your entry!

Jesse McCartney at PKI on June 11th

Jesse McCartney takes the Timberwolf Amphitheatre stage at PKI on Saturday, June 11, 2005! Don’t miss your chance to see the singer, songwriter, Emmy-nominated actor and co-star of the current WB television hit show Summerland when he makes a stop in Cincinnati. Tickets ON SALE NOW

Special Limited-Time Offer: Six-Month Subscription to Nick Magazine When You Order Online Today

Receive Nick Magazine when you order your tickets online: Order your tickets and season passes online TODAY and we'll include a special six-month subscription to Nickelodeon Magazine! Learn more about receiving Nickelodeon Magazine when you order your season passes or when you order your single-day tickets!

Stay tuned for our next issue in two weeks!

Source: PKI e-newsletter