sob or beast

hulkster14

Beast has a better layout and that cool feeling of isolation, not that feeling that you just received a savage beating. (Side Note: I, myself, have been fortunate and have never gotten the "sob treatment," I'm just speaking for the community in general.)

SOB is higher and faster, but The Beast is out in the woods...isolated from the rest of the park. Riding it at night is majorly creepy, especially on the second lift! SOB has a very predictable layout; it's a good coaster, but no woodies (in my opinion) compare to The Beast. It's almost four minutes long; that's another reason people like it better than SOB, too, I'll wager.

i have yet to ride a coaster that i prefer over The Beast. for me, it's perfect. on the other hand, the son is way too much. the force of it sometimes gives me chest pains. i don't really want to have a heart attack if possible.

I agree. Son of Beast is one of those rides you have to save til the end of the day and have time the next day to just lay flat.

it gave me severe pain... head ache, neck ache, back ache, etc.

Beast is just plain fun. it's a tad rough, but not bad... it's mainly just one very fast coaster.

SOB however, is LITERALLY, a pain in the neck

I would have to side with the original. I wish SOB was much better than it is because it is soooo intimidating to look at. But the designers of The Beast used the terrain and surroundings so much better. On The Beast the surroundings add to the experience (overgrown trees, etc.)- on SOB you don't have an experience without the coaster itself..... granted, I have not ridden it at night.

I do have a question for maybe anyone who works the SOB station. How much different are the trains on it. It seems like they bounce alot more than even The Racers.... and I'm not just talking about when it's speed is maxxed out. It seems like they tried to make it a ride smoother by adding "shocks" to them which seem to only make them bounce harder. Almost like if you were to replace the trains on SOB with the ones from The Beast it would be a completely different ride.

just wondering.

You all are going to call me crazy but i think that The Beast is rougher than the SoB. I do like The Beast, but SoB does more for me. The only thing I don't like is the drop b/c I like drops immediatly after the lift (if you don't know what I mean, I mean like on The Beast's First drop and The Racers). That doesn't make any sense but I don't know how else to word it at 11:30 at night.

No you are not alone i feel the same on exactly everything you said. I feel that The Beast is much rougher and i do like drops right after the lift because you get more feeling when you drop, if that makes any sense lol.

sob is higher and faster...

There is your proof on that subject... Bigger/Taller/Faster does NOT always mean better!

I can barely put into words what an experience on The Beast is like... It's just incredible! Of all of the roller coasters I've been on, Beast is still my favorite of all of them!

BTW, I'm another one who has never been beat up by SOB; I don't dislike the ride, it's just not on the top of my list.

I guess Beast still gets the nod from many because of its long reputation of such a great ride despite its rougness. Its kind of like Magnum and MF at CP where i still hear that Magnum is the better ride despite being slower and more rough. Sob doesn't have as good as a reputation because people have always loved The Beast and i guess its hard to change favorites no matter how big they make a ride.