Delirium Repairs Photos

Coney_man

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cranes were still parked next to the ride today. There were also people up at the top working on stuff up there, as well as people working on something underneath the gondola. Hopefully, the park will be able to get the ride up and running soon. I`m sure they wish it was running as soon as possible.

You don`t work at the park so you can`t say it will be ready in one week. I`m sure they have to do lots of testing on it to make sure everything is working right. Also, they may have to get the stat ride inspectors in to approve the ride is ready to accept riders again.

Yes, when I was there on Saturday, it did not look like they were anywhere near ready to even begin testing it. And as I mentioned earlier, the state might want to come in and verify everything is up to snuff and ready to go. I know after Son of Beast experience the down time after it first opened in 2000 the state came back in and inspected it. Also, after the Round Up at Coney was rebuilt in the middle of the 2003 season due to a hairline crack that developed on the main center hub, the state came back in since the ride was essentially rebuilt.

I don't want to cause a fury, but wouldn't it be "all" if Delirium had been scheduled for maintaince work and, in order to give Cedar Point "glory days" for their new Maxair - thus making it the ONLY working Huss frisbee in Ohio - Huss asked PKI if they wouldn't mind doing the work after CP had their ride up and going? After all, competition can be evil - and who else makes parts for Huss?

I know it's a stretch, but...

Yes, the Round Up at Coney is one of those stand up rides. It "seats" 42 people at a time, and is a real capacity eater. The new Round Up ride that Holiday World installed this year, is smaller than Coney`s, seating only 33 people I believe. I have never ridden the one at Coney, but plan on doing so in July when I return to Coney as a guest at my dad`s company picnic there. It will be strange being there as a guest and not an employee.

Off topic, but Coney opened their new Sream Machine on Saturday.

Back on topic, I was at PKI on Sunday, and it did not appear as if they were working on anything on Delirium, when I rode Drop Zone shortly after 12. In fact, everything looked unhanged from my visit on Saturday.