Delirium Repairs Photos

Coney_man

I say it would be open in the next 2-3 weeks for sure I can't wait to get my first spin cycle in a long time.

You must be an expert with the park to have such accurate information! Actually - why don't you just wait and see when it reopens and stop speculating about it.

Because I heard a park mechinc talking and he was like "SH!T we still have 2-3 more weeks of work to do on Delirum till its ready to open"

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, Aaron! What did I tell you about pressing that "Do NOT Press" button? You never listen! biggrin.gif

I've actually heard from a credible person that August is going to be when we see the rebirth of our swinging friend. Of course, no one can be sure.

What exactly does that mean?

Well considering fluxuating isn't a word, i think the person meant fluctuating, which means swing. But I still dont understand the point of the post, it will swing like always, thats the way the program is written. Just because they replace the gear or whatever doesnt mean there only going to swing it 15 feet or something, maybe when maintenance is jogging it to test it or something.

When the ride reopens, there should be no difference in ride experience from before the new gear. Its not like they are changing the computer that controls how the ride runs, they are just replacing a gear that allows the ride to run. The same thing can be said about when they replace the chains on the coaster or the brakes or even the wheels. The parts are necessary to the ride function, and the ride experience is not changed when a new part is installed.

The sign at the Delirium entrance is probably a result of many inquiring minds stopping by at Guest Relations asking why it was not operating. The sign will answer the gp question and will save them from asking at GR, which allows GR to focus on more legitimate concerns/problems.

What exactly does that mean?

Well considering fluxuating isn't a word, i think the person meant fluctuating, which means swing. But I still dont understand the point of the post, it will swing like always, thats the way the program is written. Just because they replace the gear or whatever doesnt mean there only going to swing it 15 feet or something, maybe when maintenance is jogging it to test it or something.

I don't agree with that entirely. There are a lot of rides that have had major repairs like this and if you frequent the ride enough, you can tell a difference. I mean, it's not going to go any higher or faster, but maybe smoother. My guess would be if there is any kind of change at all, it would be the elimination of that feeling of resistance during the 3rd or so swing... you guys probbly know what I'm talking about. The arm isn't 15ft off the ground yet, and when the motor is trying to get it higher, you can feel the resistance. Then again, we just don't know yet.

Just hope that whatever stress caused the old gear to fail doesn't happen on the new one. If it continues to be a problem, Huss will have to look at re-engineering parts of the ride, which could put it down for a very long time.

Just hope that whatever stress caused the old gear to fail doesn't happen on the new one. If it continues to be a problem, Huss will have to look at re-engineering parts of the ride, which could put it down for a very long time.

We'll see. The fact that the new part had to be fabricated from scratch shows that Huss never expected that part to need replacing. I heard that Huss wanted KI to send them pictures of it because they didn't even believe the part broke the way that KI described it. Now, whether that's true or not I don't know, but if Huss never intended it to need replacing, then the cause might be hard to track down and/or fix. Only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

i know this from me asking a park worker.it broke some kind of gear while it was running.the persons who did the walk back for us acers told me and another person.we was the only 2 their doing the walk back.we asked cause it said out front it was down.they need some part from the ride maker which is overseas.they must have to make it or something.

I know that CP has already inspected MaXair to see if they might possibly have the same gear problem, but really what good will that do, because it is such a new ride.

Honestly I could fab the gear and FedEx it quicker than what Huss has done so far. Lets put it on a plane and ship it. I guess they would rather do a transatlanctic crossing.

Some of the interesting rumors I have heard. Delirium will not open till the middle of August and also they had to construct a road over around the camp ground to bring the part in because they cannot transport it throught the front of the park now that they are open. I honestly doubt that one, but who knows. Nothing suprises me any more.

Hopefully, the park ordered two new parts, so that if it fails again in the future, they will have a replacement part ready to be installed, without the significant amount of downtime that it has had this summer. And as others have said, it probably was a part that was not supposed to fail, which is why Huss didn`t have any spares ready to be shipped to PKI.

Honestly I could fab the gear and FedEx it quicker than what Huss has done so far. Lets put it on a plane and ship it. I guess they would rather do a transatlanctic crossing.

I doubt that you have the equipment or know how to make such a part at all - let alone faster than HUSS. I think they are doing just fine, and that both companies are are working hard to get the ride back up in a timely manner.

Yes, they actually did have to build a special access road to get to Delirium, but it wasn't for the sake of transporting the parts. It was so they could get a couple of large cranes and a cherry picker back there to get the big gear up there. I don't think they built the road all the way around the campground. It appears to be an extension off of an existing access road (from what I've seen from the tower...).