your experience on IJST

how will u get a few pic though? do you work there? b/c if you do, you cant get a free pic and if you did work there, u know your not allowed. not unless its a park promoting thing

I dont work at PKI but the whole crew knows me. after I get 100 rides I wil stop riding IJST for the season.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Anyone ever ridden "Spider Man" at Universal Florida? That is the kind of indoor themed ride that KI should look into. A big investment ride that is huge on special effects that would never get old."

I'm sure that they already have, but, KI doesn't have that kind of money to spend on an attraction.

The ride sucked becaus of the fact that almost every time I went on it and my friends also went onit ( diferent days ) not all the effects were working and also it's to slow and I will tell you look at adenture express all of its effects are pretty much trash also look at tomb raider and Flight of Fear there all worn out and broken down.

Plus how long is te beast in feet because Holiday World just announced there new coaster The Voyage which will be 1.2 miles long how many feet is that lets hope that The Beasts last record is not broken in 06

Everybody seems to be not liking IJ:ST. I havent riden it yet but it is a family ride. Am I correct??? If it is no wonder all you rollercoaster riders who dont like little rides might not like this ride if its for the family family rides are just supposed to be fun and amusing.

You said in another post that you rode beastie and that is it. IJ:ST is like beastie, just a tad more intense. I've mentioned on another post and that I dont care for intense rides, but i rode IJ:ST. I also rode FOF. To be, both dont see too intense. FOF has sharp turns and quick elevation changes and that is why it is ranked a 5. But I think IJ:ST is a good coaster to start with if you dont like coasters.

• 2 weeks later...

The ride sucked becaus of the fact that almost every time I went on it and my friends also went onit ( diferent days ) not all the effects were working and also it's to slow and I will tell you look at adenture express all of its effects are pretty much trash also look at tomb raider and Flight of Fear there all worn out and broken down.

Plus how long is te beast in feet because Holiday World just announced there new coaster The Voyage which will be 1.2 miles long how many feet is that lets hope that The Beasts last record is not broken in 06

offtopic.gif The Voyage is among the top 3 Longest wooden coasters but The Beast Is still Longer.

The Beast-7359'

The Voyage-6442'

-from rcdb.com.

But Back on Topic I think IJ:ST is a great ride, it is pretty short but it is a lot of fun.

offtopic.gif The Voyage isnt even built yet there could be somethings still maybe (highly unlikey) that could get in the way of building this coaster.

Yea IJST would be great if they would have made it like 3000-3500 but with is as short as it is you just get on the ride and start enjoying it and it is over.

• 1 month later...

IJST is really great for families. My 9 year old daughter and I think it's a lot of fun. She was really excited about experiencing a "launched" coaster. It is NOT in any way, shape or form a thrill ride. As many others have done before, I would compare it to Adventure Express. We rode it twice in one day this season and only waited 30 min the first time and 10 min the second. If the line was longer than 30-45 min I would most likely go do something else.

I would like to know if anyone else got lightheaded at the top of the spiral? I'm not prone to motion sickness and have only gotten sick on a ride 2 times in my 33 years. I did get really light headed though and it felt like I might pass out. Kinda wierd huh!?

IJST is really great for families. My 9 year old daughter and I think it's a lot of fun. She was really excited about experiencing a "launched" coaster. It is NOT in any way, shape or form a thrill ride. As many others have done before, I would compare it to Adventure Express. We rode it twice in one day this season and only waited 30 min the first time and 10 min the second. If the line was longer than 30-45 min I would most likely go do something else.

I would like to know if anyone else got lightheaded at the top of the spiral? I'm not prone to motion sickness and have only gotten sick on a ride 2 times in my 33 years. I did get really light headed though and it felt like I might pass out. Kinda wierd huh!?

I also get somewhat light headed at the top of that spiral.

IJ:ST is a great fun ride and I think the problem is that people are getting on expecting it to be as thrilling as FOF, it isn't. But It is a good, fun ride that everyone can enjoy.

Just thinking since it seems Kings Dominion likes to compare itself to other parks like Disney, how would this ride compare against some Disney coaster such as Big Thunder Mt Railroad, Matterhorn, Etc...? Since it seems that's the type of direction they are wanting to head to, how are they doing so far?

I really love this ride and I do think it is exciting and unique. I also like the direction that Kings Island is going with the theming and such. I am sorry that some people do not like Italian Job, but that is to be expected because some people only like the really thrilling rides. But I like all kinds of rides and experiences at theme parks. I think this is an excellent family ride that kids love and that adults can love too with the right attitude and expectations. I was very impressed with this ride and applaud PKI for adding it!

While at the park I will go from The Vortex, to the Carousel, to Tomb Raider, Italian Job, the scrambler and so on. I love different levels of motion and excitement. I like the variety at Kings Island, and Italian Job I think fits well into this.

And the ride is a lot of fun. I am sorry that others do not agree, but we do need for those lines to die down some! wink.gif

I really love this ride and I do think it is exciting and unique. I also like the direction that Kings Island is going with the theming and such. I am sorry that some people do not like Italian Job, but that is to be expected because some people only like the really thrilling rides. But I like all kinds of rides and experiences at theme parks. I think this is an excellent family ride that kids love and that adults can love too with the right attitude and expectations. I was very impressed with this ride and applaud PKI for adding it!

While at the park I will go from The Vortex, to the Carousel, to Tomb Raider, Italian Job, the scrambler and so on. I love different levels of motion and excitement. I like the variety at Kings Island, and Italian Job I think fits well into this.

And the ride is a lot of fun. I am sorry that others do not agree, but we do need for those lines to die down some! wink.gif

Couldn't have said it better!

It's an OK ride right now, but once all of the effects kick in (and once they actually fix the ride), then it'll be better than it originally was. Really, the point of the ride is to test out those surf curves in the police scene and the stair effect in the subway. They're just not working to their fullest extent.

I believe originally IJ:ST wasn't supposed to open until mid-June because of adding in all the extra effects, but they moved it up to mid-May because they wanted to prove how amazing the ride would be. Now they've screwed themselves over with the helicopter not working (it doesn't move up and down like it originally did), the on-board audio messed up (the speakers are too far back and absolutely no sound is coming out), and the stair effect not put in (it was supposed to be put in around July but never got around to it. To top that off, they had to re-work the beginning helix because it was somewhat unstable.

Enough griping, it's an OK ride. Sure, it's got some kinks they need to work out (okay, a LOT of kinks), but it's a great family ride that everyone'll enjoy. I know I did. I just wish it would've lived up to the hype that PKI gave it.

• 1 month later...
It's an OK ride right now, but once all of the effects kick in (and once they actually fix the ride), then it'll be better than it originally was. Really, the point of the ride is to test out those surf curves in the police scene and the stair effect in the subway. They're just not working to their fullest extent.

I believe originally IJ:ST wasn't supposed to open until mid-June because of adding in all the extra effects, but they moved it up to mid-May because they wanted to prove how amazing the ride would be. Now they've screwed themselves over with the helicopter not working (it doesn't move up and down like it originally did), the on-board audio messed up (the speakers are too far back and absolutely no sound is coming out), and the stair effect not put in (it was supposed to be put in around July but never got around to it. To top that off, they had to re-work the beginning helix because it was somewhat unstable.

Enough griping, it's an OK ride. Sure, it's got some kinks they need to work out (okay, a LOT of kinks), but it's a great family ride that everyone'll enjoy. I know I did. I just wish it would've lived up to the hype that PKI gave it.

No offense, but a lot of the things you just said were rumor and very far from the truth as to why certain things arent working.

I really enjoyed this ride. It is different than other rides - hard to put into words, but different. It was very fun, extremely smooth, well paced, and interesting to look at. The cars/trains are cute and roomy. My only complaint is that the ride is too short, but then all of the rides are too short, right?