The nations top 10 theme parks

Our editors pick the nation's top 10:

Astroland Amusement Park - Brooklyn, N.Y.

Busch Gardens - Tampa Bay, Fla.

Cedar Point Amusement Park - Sandusky, Ohio

Disneyland - Anaheim, Calif.

Kennywood Park - West Mifflin, Pa.

Knott's Camp Snoopy - Bloomington, Minn.

Magic Kingdom - Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

Paramount's Carowinds - Charlotte, N.C.

Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Santa Cruz, Calif.

Six Flags Astroworld - Houston, Texas

Haha, the lists keep on getting worse and worse that I see. I've been to Santa Cruz Boardwalk and its more like a fair it has maybe 3 coasters I think and a log ride and a couple others, it was fun but very small and no where close to the top 10. Astroworld looks like it maybe has one or two nice coasters but it surely isn't anything special, not even close to the best in the Six Flag chain by the looks of it. Camp Snoopy? it's in the Mall of America and I think takes up 7 total acres with only three small coasters and only Timberline Twister looks worth a ride. Astroland only has 2 coasters and only one looks worth a ride. So yea, I'd have to say this is just a horrible list all the way around. Plus as already stated I would only classify 3 of those as theme parks with Busch Gardens Tampa, Disneyland, and Magic Kingdom.

haha..I just went to MSN.com and saw it after you mentione the source. I can't believe them.

First, here's the page for everyone:

http://local.msn.com/special/amusementparks.asp?GT1=6543

Now, first of all...the title of the article is "10 Best Amusement Parks" so therefore, parks like Magic Kingdom and Carowinds shouldn't even belong on that list.

Secondly, look at the headline of the article:

"Those amusement parks that we loved as kids still call to us as adults, so get set for fun at the country's best theme parks."

They use the two terms interchangeably as if the two types of parks are the same thing.

Hey MSN, get it straight:

PKI (or Carowinds, since it's on their list) = (Awesome) Theme Park

Cedar Point = (Awesome) Amusement Park

On a side note, this website is kind of interesting: http://www.mindbranch.com/listing/product/R237-006.html

I think that they just ment amusement park (sorry, but this is gonna sound rude) and I think you're just being too anal about it. Who really cares! Does everything have to be politically correct? And do you really think this holds any kind of respect among readers. I mean it's just from a company that knows little to nothing about roller coasters. WHO CARES!

I guess you could argue the fact that they are comparing to different styles of parks and therefore making the list innaccurate and what not but seriously...This list was made by some hot head who knows probably vary little about how to rate the parks.

actually i think all those or at least most of those parks are either A: full of much history, or B: have extremely nice scenery. PKI is a newer park so they dont have as much hisory and the scenery is nice and all but not Busch Gardens and disney nice.

I think that they just ment amusement park (sorry, but this is gonna sound rude) and I think you're just being too anal about it. Who really cares! Does everything have to be politically correct? And do you really think this holds any kind of respect among readers. I mean it's just from a company that knows little to nothing about roller coasters. WHO CARES!

It's just one of my quirks that get me...the whole amusement vs theme terminology.

And that didn't come across as rude. I see what you mean, and I know that MSN holds no credibility in the theme/amusement park industry...but as I said, that's just one of my quirks. wink.gif

another thing..with the exception of SWAW and carowinds pretty much all the other parks are strictly amusement parks or full theme parks (yes i feel BG is a full theme park) PKI is in the middle where it doesnt stand out as either, which isn't a bad thing but the MSN people dont go to the parks and know the overall enjoyment that you will find at PKI.

I mean they dont feel the same about the parks that we feel about PKI. I guess when they walked into CP they knew it was an extreme thrill park. When you walk into PKI, there are many great actually tons of great thrilling rides but we dont have 4 rollercoasters that go over 70 like there. I"m sure reputation also helped the parks they chose as well. Disney is more family oriented than here even though PKI still is, and Cedar Point has more rollercoasters and is known for their huge speed monsters. PKI, when that comes to mind, i dont really classify it as anything. I feel it is a park with a little bit of everything and i enjoy that more. all in all its hard for me to explain how i think they reasoned their list so all of this probably made no sense.

I've been to Busch gardens and it was boring.

best park I've been to other than PKI , Is Sea worlds Discovery cove.

I know it's not a amusement park but if any of you have a chance to go

it's worth the $350 dollars a day to go and they only take 1000 people a day.

9 am to 5 pm that includes 5 star lunch and swiming with dolphins for a half hour

suntan lotion wet suit floatation and goggles, if you have prescrition glasses they will match your goggles to your glasses.

"PKI (or Carowinds, since it's on their list) = (Awesome) Theme Park"

Most of the general public, including reporters, don't think of PKI as a theme park. Disney and Universal are what they are talking about. PKI is still an amusement park with a few themed rides. Six Flags has as many themes as PKI and they are still an amusement park.

So PKI & CP = Amusement Park

Disney, MGM, Universal = Theme Parks

There's a HUGE difference.