More Riders Hurt on Rides

Saturday June 18th a family of 4 were injured on a ride called Big Splash at Steel Peir Amusment park. The father was thrown from the ride and into a peice of glass and remains in critical condtion.

Also 20 Year old hurt at Fun Flex Amusment Park on a ride like Chaos at Cedar Point. This was the 3rd accident all ready this year what is happening to the all the theme parks?

No worries. As it has been stated numerous times in numerous places your 100 times more likely to die in a car crash on the way to an amusement park than die in an amusement park. And I think I heard on some show that your 10 times more likely to die in the park of heat stroke, heart attack, and things of that nature than actually dying on a ride.

• 3 weeks later...

"Agreed as well, But I dont think it is best to speak of these things."

Why? Wouldn't you like to know ahead of time if a smaller park is not up to safety standards? Or would you rather just go and be thrown from one of their rides?

"exactly, yes those people got injured badly and yes i feel bad for them but think of all the other people who were on those rides before them and left without a scratch."

That doesn't mean it was safe before someone was thrown from the ride. It just means that several other people were lucky that they were not injured.

Yea Im not worried about it but still.

Yes - smaller parks do not have the same standards that major parks do. But what is your point? Ok so some people were injured. That isn't going to make me be less likely to ride rides or anything. And you act as if you want us to do something about it - like it is a big problem and our personal responsibility. What should we do? Form a lynch mob and hang the director of maintenence at that park? Don't worry about it.

PKI is an extremely safe park, and nothing is going to happen to you there. Even though this thread is not about PKI, it makes PKI look bad. People come to this PKI fansite, and they see the topic "More people injured on rides" on the latest topics - and it is going to make them feel as if PKI is not safe. Someone please close this rediculous topic... rolleyes.gif

After going to Stricker's Grove and seeing how their ops handle themselves compared to ours, I feel a lot safer about going to big parks over smaller onces. If the ops are that bad, who knows how maintenance handles themselves...

I feel safe no matter what park I go to, even at Stricker's when the employees really didn't care, I know the rules and how NOT to get hurt on rides. I think any one with any common sense can see that. How about not standing up on rides, sitting in an upright position, buckling any safety restraint they supply for you, etc. Carnival attractions are different. Although they are extremely safe, your likelyness of being injured on them are much greater.

• 4 weeks later...

^Its ridiculous? Its not Disney's fault, Disney isnt causing the accidents. The kid dying at mission space died because of his medical condition and the man injured on tower of terror was injured due to a condition. Disney isnt forcing these people on the rides, its their fault that they arent reading the rules and recomendations.

^Its ridiculous? Its not Disney's fault, Disney isnt causing the accidents. The kid dying at mission space died because of his medical condition and the man injured on tower of terror was injured due to a condition. Disney isnt forcing these people on the rides, its their fault that they arent reading the rules and recomendations.

There's still really no denying that we've seen a LOT of ride accidents from Disney over the past several years.