6/23/05

fryler87

It seemed as if the park was nearly empty today. Lines were short and moved fast. IJST had a temporary issue around 12:45 or so that kept us waiting for a short while. Awesome ride, nonetheless. Saw a few from the paint crew working on that building between Racer and AE. (and some of you complain that upkeep doesn't happen...) Needless to say, the park seems to be in its June full-bloom. Flowers are out, shrubbery looks great, not a piece of trash anywhere that I remember; Eco has got this park looking good. Unfortunately, the season is young and come August, things probably won't look as great (but hey, that's life). Speaking of paint, Face/Off almost blinded me. Schnazzy.

Too bad Delirium was still down. Looks like nearly everything is back together, just that some minor work is in continuation. Some of the water cannons on WWC seem to be in disrepair (especially those just before the final turn in that wide area). Not to be retentive, things like that can make rides a little dissapointing until fixed. Flight of Fear pre-show was working quite nicely (like it should), just to all of those who claim it's never used anymore. AE is getting worse and worse. On the final lift, (I believe) only four of those stone arm pounding guys could be seen; lighting seems to have taken a southern turn.

In a final note, I'd like to say that:

1) If the park attempts to remove Congo Falls for (almost) ANY reason, I will personally sponsor a sit-in to prevent such an action from occuring.

2) Riding in the very front seat of Son of Beast, I nearly forgot that this behemoth was constructed of wood. Felt like riding on butter; best ride I've had on it in five years.

Above all the pessimism, a great day at Paramount's King's Island.

It seemed as if the park was nearly empty today. Lines were short and moved fast. IJST had a temporary issue around 12:45 or so that kept us waiting for a short while. Awesome ride, nonetheless. Saw a few from the paint crew working on that building between Racer and AE. (and some of you complain that upkeep doesn't happen...) Needless to say, the park seems to be in its June full-bloom. Flowers are out, shrubbery looks great, not a piece of trash anywhere that I remember; Eco has got this park looking good. Unfortunately, the season is young and come August, things probably won't look as great (but hey, that's life). Speaking of paint, Face/Off almost blinded me. Schnazzy.

Too bad Delirium was still down. Looks like nearly everything is back together, just that some minor work is in continuation. Some of the water cannons on WWC seem to be in disrepair (especially those just before the final turn in that wide area). Not to be retentive, things like that can make rides a little dissapointing until fixed. Flight of Fear pre-show was working quite nicely (like it should), just to all of those who claim it's never used anymore. AE is getting worse and worse. On the final lift, (I believe) only four of those stone arm pounding guys could be seen; lighting seems to have taken a southern turn.

In a final note, I'd like to say that:

1) If the park attempts to remove Congo Falls for (almost) ANY reason, I will personally sponsor a sit-in to prevent such an action from occuring.

2) Riding in the very front seat of Son of Beast, I nearly forgot that this behemoth was constructed of wood. Felt like riding on butter; best ride I've had on it in five years.

Above all the pessimism, a great day at Paramount's King's Island.

About the whole AE thing, maintence says they don't have the budget to fix it so there really isn't nothing to do about it.

Put it this way there is no lighting in lift two besides maintence lighting you have to try and listen of any sound effects in lift two. Only like two spears work in the booby trap tunnel. The station has no fans what so ever. Only half of the arms on the guys in lift two work fully. They gave us an estimated cost that was more than our brand new motor on lift two which they dropped and had to replace parts. I really believe that they could rewire things and get fans without being ridiculously in debt. I just hope they fix it, unless they want to take out one of the highest ridden coasters in the park.

I was also at the park on that day. It wasn't crowded at all. Longest waits were for Flight of Fear and Drop Zone. I went to SoB at exactly two o'clock and walked right on...that was the shock of my life. I should try to ride the front one day because it sounds like it's pretty smooth. I rode The Beast, Adventure Express, and Top Gun twice...rode the front of Top Gun to see what all the fuss was about. It is indeed pretty neat. I did everything major except IJST because it seemed like a really long line all day...but I guess that's to be expected. I also skipped Face/Off and TR. It was a great day though...as much fun as I could have had by myself I guess. I got there early and did everything I wanted to and got done early so I hit Festhaus kinda early then left. First official trip of the season...hopefully more will follow.