Nick attractions gone public?

Scooby_Doo

I read this on screamscape I wouldnt have payed any mind to it but the rides seem like they could happen because some of those named attractions were put in at carowinds this season and we all know how paramount likes to clone rides....

2006 - Nick Central Expansion - Rumor - (6/24/05) Our latest rumor claims that along with the rehab and renaming of all of the Hanna Barberra attractions into Nick themes, the park may add a few new rides as well. The rumored list of new names we were sent includes the Nick Carwash, Spongebob Squarepants: Mrs. Puffs Crash Course Boating School, Space Surfer, Flying Dutchman’s Revenge, Tommy’s Take Off, Dora’s Railway, Backyardigans Swing-A-Long, Hey Arnold Taxi Chase, Lazytown Sporticopters, NickToons TV Road Trip. The new Crash Course Boating School ride is said to take the place of the Slimezone water play area and Nick Theater.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed one strange thing over on Screamscape with regards to those names for Nick Central rides.

From Scream Scape: "Tommy’s Take Off, Dora’s Railway, Backyardigans Swing-A-Long, Hey Arnold Taxi Chase, Lazytown Sporticopters, NickToons TV Road Trip"

Tommy`s Take Off, could very well be the new name for Dick Dastardly`s BiPlanes or Atom Ant Airways or even Yogi`s Sky Tours. Dora`s Railway could be the new name for Quick Draw`s Railway or Baba Looey`s Buggies. Backyardigans Swing-A-Long would be the new logical name for Pixie and Dixie`s Swing set. Hey Arnold Taxi Chase would be the new name for Top Cat`s Taxi Jam. Lazytown Sporticopters could be the new name for Jetson`s Jet Orbiters.

The last name, NickToon`s TV Road Trip could be the new name for Fender Bender 500, or Huck`s Hot Rods. Or it could be the name of the new, relocated Antique Cars. Clearly, some of those names would fit nicely with some of the current HB rides. Hopefully, too many rides in HB are not sacrificed. It would be ashame for PKI to rip out rides from this area, espcially if they are hoping to retain their golden Ticket award. I can see them removing the Nick Theater as it has been used less and less over the past couple of years, and the Crystal Slime Mine Maze just doesn`t seem like a very popular attraction for the dry side of the park. It would be better suited in BB. That could be a nice area for future rides, and would help bridge the gap between the newer Nick Central area of Reptar with the older section of HBL.

Well, the one attraction that stands out most to me is the NickToons TV Road Trip! Why? Carowinds got TVLand Road Trip, it makes you wonder why the sudden network change huh.gif Another thing, if it's themed to NickToons TV, does that mean we'll finally see all the old school NickToons that everyone has been waiting for? (Rocko & Heffer, Ren & Stimpy, Norbert & Daggert, Zim & Gir) Lets hope so wink.gif

Shman, did you read my above post? That was one of the main points of my post. Several of those ride names could fit quite well with existing HBL attractions. Albeit, they will need more names than just those llisted to cover all the existing HBL attractions sans Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

I can see Atom Ants Airways getting taken out or being relocated only because I have been hearing rumors that the land across(the blue fence that has nick shows that arent on nick anymore) from runaway reptar will be the site of a New Nick ride.Sounds like screamscape might just be hitting the nail on the head.

Well, the one attraction that stands out most to me is the NickToons TV Road Trip! Why? Carowinds got TVLand Road Trip, it makes you wonder why the sudden network change huh.gif Another thing, if it's themed to NickToons TV, does that mean we'll finally see all the old school NickToons that everyone has been waiting for? (Rocko & Heffer, Ren & Stimpy, Norbert & Daggert, Zim & Gir) Lets hope so wink.gif

I think that the NickToonsTV Road Trip is likely the re-theme of Fender Bender 500 and I think it will be themed to all nicktoons so all older nick stars might have a chance to be included in the theme.

There really is not a lot of room behind Atom Ant Airways. Right on the other side of the fence is the path that goes in front of Reptar. Now there is a lot of space over by the Slime Maze and Nick Theater that could be used for future ride(s). I think whatever happens next year, that there will be more than one area that will receive some attention, and I am not refering to just HB and NC.

Yeah, I agree with your logic Bodda, that seems to be the smartest way to go. Everything gets rethemed and renamed, HBLand is overhauled with Nick Central theming that today's kids know and love and they get 2 new rides to have fun on. Sounds like a winner to me. I would like to think that the only attractions that will bite the dust will be the water maze and the meet & greet shelter, but if PKI builds a new kids coaster their logic may lead them to tear down the currently named Ghoster Coaster since they are putting in a new one anyways and use that area to build the Nicktoons Car Wash. I really hope that nothing is lost from the kids area, especially not a rollercoaster since PKI prides itself on its quantity of kids coasters. We'll see though, I'm sure whatever PKI does the kids will love it.

Yeah, I agree with your logic Bodda, that seems to be the smartest way to go. Everything gets rethemed and renamed, HBLand is overhauled with Nick Central theming that today's kids know and love and they get 2 new rides to have fun on. Sounds like a winner to me. I would like to think that the only attractions that will bite the dust will be the water maze and the meet & greet shelter, but if PKI builds a new kids coaster their logic may lead them to tear down the currently named Ghoster Coaster since they are putting in a new one anyways and use that area to build the Nicktoons Car Wash. I really hope that nothing is lost from the kids area, especially not a rollercoaster since PKI prides itself on its quantity of kids coasters. We'll see though, I'm sure whatever PKI does the kids will love it.

To my understanding, the park has really made it no secret that the Tiques will make an amazing return sometime soon.

As far as the ride removals go, you're probably right. I'm not too sure about the Ghoster Coaster particularly, but if I were management, Water Maze, Meet and Greet, and maybe Ghoster Coaster will be on the chopping block. The water maze is out of place, the meet and greet is about half worthless, and the coaster doesn't strike me as being entirely too popular and the land could be utilized much better. I wouldn't disagree with those removals in the least.

I cant wait to see whats going happen in 2006 because I have a Nephew which is 4 years old and like his uncle he loves scooby-doo with a passion when I have to watch him every other day at the noon hour until 7pm. I will take him to PKI with me or if its too hot or raining we watch ''TOONS'' together all day long.While I will admit I have been watching a lot of NICK and Boomerang latley only because Cartoon Networks programming is pure B*llSh*t the only things I'll let him watch on CN is Scooby,Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy,Ed,EDD&Eddy,Foster's,Batman,Krypto thats about it all they have on CN is crappy American wanna be anime while I do like anime I hate when america tries to pull it off.With that beingsaid we watch tons of Nick toons together and I cant wait to take him to PKI next year just so he can see all his favorite Nicktoons.

I really think NC will be awsome when they get done with it I HOPE that spongebob gets his own star attraction and I agree with BoddaH.

I would think that PKI and Paramount would want to add a Spongebob ride to their Nick Central area. Spongebob (along with the Rugrats) is one of the more popular Nick toons. They already have a themed ride to Rugrats, and the Thornberrys. Yes, they do have Spongebob 3D in the Action Theater, which is a good ride, but I think an actual ride themed to Spongebob would be quite popular with kids, much like Scooby Doo is popular with kids. Only time will tell what PKI decides to install for next season.

well there goes all of those childhood memories created in HB land. I wonder if Scooby and al of the other characters will stick around or if they might add them into the Paramount Story.

I highly doubt it on account of the fact that 1) they're not Paramount, 2) they haven't added anything to the Paramount Story since Titanic.

The rumored list of new names we were sent includes the Nick Carwash, Spongebob Squarepants: Mrs. Puffs Crash Course Boating School, Space Surfer, Flying Dutchman’s Revenge, Tommy’s Take Off, Dora’s Railway, Backyardigans Swing-A-Long, Hey Arnold Taxi Chase, Lazytown Sporticopters, NickToons TV Road Trip. The new Crash Course Boating School ride is said to take the place of the Slimezone water play area and Nick Theater

I wonder were would they place a Nick Space Surfer I have been told PKI will be getting one so Spongebob will be taking up the old slime maze? and I figured Hey Arnold would take over taxi jam.

PKI would be stupid to remove Scooby Doo stuff considering how many kids all know and love Scooby Doo these days. I still don't want to see any of the current theming gone, but I doubt there's much that can be done to stop it. Hanna-Barbera is nothing more than a "brand" of Warner Brothers Animation now (as far as I can see), and it appears that most cable providers in this area only carry Boomerang on Digital Cable (looking at the three biggest - Adelphia, Insight and Time-Warner)...

Great idea Chef. I need to take Baby Admiral in to ride the HB rides before they go. They are the rides I grew up with, and I hate to see them leave like that. We will probably head up after we get back from Japan next week.

Why are you going to Japan? Did you know that I lived there for one year and my wife is Japanese? Plus I've written several articles on Japanese culture?

Believe it or not no one I met in Japan knew who Scooby Doo was! But they knew Snoopy. Odd.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Ready for my guess?

Everything gets a paint job and a new name and they add two new real attractions. Why, you ask? Because it would more or less clone what happened last year in the water park.

Any thoughts?

Said thing about just giving everything a new paint job and only adding a few new rides...

There are guests that swear they have been coming there for years and the stuff we repainted and renamed, is either brand new or we made it bigger.

i.e. Tons of people last year asked if the wavepool was made bigger because it was painted blue. We told them only the color changed, and they would insist we were lying.