Nick attractions gone public?

Scooby_Doo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

2006 - Nick Central Expansion - Rumor - (6/24/05) Our latest rumor claims that along with the rehab and renaming of all of the Hanna Barberra attractions into Nick themes, the park may add a few new rides as well. The rumored list of new names we were sent includes the Nick Carwash, Spongebob Squarepants: Mrs. Puffs Crash Course Boating School, Space Surfer, Flying Dutchman’s Revenge, Tommy’s Take Off, Dora’s Railway, Backyardigans Swing-A-Long, Hey Arnold Taxi Chase, Lazytown Sporticopters, NickToons TV Road Trip. The new Crash Course Boating School ride is said to take the place of the Slimezone water play area and Nick Theater.

I wonder if PKI is at all getting any of these rides? I REALLY hope PKI get spongebob that would make me happy since I always take kids with me when I got to PKI.

Although Scoob, a lot of the rides you mentioned in your post above could be the names of current rides with an easy re-theme. I.E. "Hey Arnold's Taxi Chase". All you have to do is put up a new sign and slap some paint on Top Cats Taxi Jam. The one at PGA is already called "Hey Arnold's Taxi Chase". "Tommy's take off" could easily jsut be an Atom Ants re-theme. "Dora’s Railway" could just be a re-theme for the hand cars. "Backyardigans Swing-A-Long" could jsut be a re-theme for PIXI and DIXIES swing set. "Lazytown Sporticopters" could easily be re-themed from Yogi's skytours. "NickToons TV Road Trip" could also easily become the small train ride in the back of HBL. I think next year will be more re-theming than all new rides.

Let's think logically. The tiques are coming back, and this should be obvious to anyone who has been in AZ lately. The most logical theme for the tiques would be something along the lines of Nick Car Wash. Secondly, many of you are correct, all rides will be rethemed, but I think everyone should make sure they get a pic of SDGC. Thirdly, the next rumored coaster. Well, my guess is to Miss Puff's Boating School. It could easily be done like Primevil Whirl at Disney. Have spinning mouse cars and still be construted outside to have a theme.

Let's think logically.  The tiques are coming back, and this should be obvious to anyone who has been in AZ lately.  The most logical theme for the tiques would be something along the lines of Nick Car Wash.  Secondly, many of you are correct, all rides will be rethemed, but I think everyone should make sure they get a pic of SDGC.  Thirdly, the next rumored coaster.  Well, my guess is to Miss Puff's Boating School.  It could easily be done like Primevil Whirl at Disney.  Have spinning mouse cars and still be construted outside to have a theme.

Sorry PKI_Punk NO the tiques arent coming back those old cars are gonna sit like KC has done the past couple of years if PKI gets the Nick Carwash the cars wont run on gas they will run on a timed belt.

The Spongebob ride is a wild mouse coaster thats theme and effects are inside a building it wouldnt work outside why because the spongebob coaster will have tons of water type effects and no the coaster cars wont spin at all.

how do I know because I work in HBL north pie.

I would seriously doubt, especially with gas prices being so high, that the Antiques would come back. I think if they get a car ride for NC it's going to be electric, probably a bit faster than the Tiques and look a lot cooler. IMO, the Antiques were a waste of time (although old people and kids loved 'em).

I think it's bittersweet to see HBL go. On the one hand, my first memories of KI were as a child riding the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage and it's sad to see Fred Flinstone and Yogi Bear leave the park (Scooby will still be around for awhile).

But, it's exciting that new kids will be able to be introduced to PKI the same way I was--by way of their favorite cartoon characters. I think a Spongebob Coaster, especially indoors, could be a real blast and PKI could have a unique family area once again!

Sorry PKI_Punk NO the tiques arent coming back those old cars are gonna sit like KC has done the past couple of years if PKI gets the Nick Carwash the cars wont run on gas they will run on a timed belt.

You sure about the whole timed belt thing? I remember reading in the concept pitch that you could stop your car, thus blocking the person behind you under a water sprayer.

I have been told by a good friend that works at PKI that PKI was getting a Nick Space Surfer and some sorta new junior coaster themed to the Fairly Odd Parents to be located in south pie so that means SDGC is a goner, still I'm taken this info with a grain of salt.

I have been told by a good friend that works at PKI that PKI was getting a Nick Space Surfer and some sorta new junior coaster themed to the Fairly Odd Parents to be located in south pie so that means SDGC is a goner, still I'm taken this info with a grain of salt.

Maybe SDGC will be rethemed to the Fairly Odd Parents

Maybe SDGC will be rethemed to the Fairly Odd Parents

That would be a little hard to do since the cars are in the shape of bats..I think if anything SDGC will be taken out and replaced.

^All they would have to do is manufacture new cars and give it a new paint job for it to be transformed into the FairlyOdd Coaster.

If Crash Course Boating School is built, it ought to be just like what Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is. If you want to see what it looks like, go to this web page; there's a quick video that'll hopefully play:

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin Page

• 2 months later...

So I got some info about Nick Universe yesterday and while I know most of you Doubt info posted of this site I wanted to give you all info anyways what I learned while talking to one of the contracters (I wont disclose his name) yesterday that ...

(NEW?)Spongebob Squarepants: Mrs. Puffs Crash Course Boating School-Crash Course Boating School is said to take the place of the Slimezone water play area and Nick Theater May end up being the star attraction if PKI is set to get it.The dude wouldnt give me an answer so its still unknown he did hint at it a lot however...

Avatar-Some still think it will be DiskO while I have been told it isnt I was told it will be like a diskO but isnt one.

(NEW)Danny Phantom-Guests will Fly like a Superhero its said this attraction will be located across from Runaway Reptar and Wild ThornBerrys River Adventrue

Flying Dutchman’s Revenge-(Rethemed Jetsons Orbiters)

Dora’s Railway???(Havent asked about this attraction so I dont know)

Backyardigans Swing-A-Long(Pixie and Dixie's Swing set)

Little Bill's Taxi Chase(Top Cat's Taxi Jam)

Lazytown Sporticopters(Yogi's SkyTours)

Planktons FearFall-Kids Board Planktons Menceing Machine and try to escape Planktons Wrath.

Jimmy'Space Bumpers(Bedrock Bumpers Re-theme)

Nick-GO-Round(Rethemed HB carousel)

Fairly Odd Coaster(Beastie Retheme)

Blues Clues- Kids join Blue for a jumping journey around her house sounds like to me it will be a re-themed Boo-Boo's Bagage claim or the tumble bug...still unsure at this moment...

New Nick Jr.Themed Biplanes-He wouldnt tell me the theme for someodd reason.

More details later...

What he told me was that Nick Universe will have more shade more places to sit down to rest and new wider pathways...but SDATHC/Scooby Meet & Greet will be left alone.

He also hinted at a possible Nicktoons Cafe and the Nick Shop to be re-located so that got me thinking that The Nick Store on International street may become a new place to eat or a new shop.

^^The thing is though that Avatar will be a Disko. There's really no debate left over it. Not only did Shaggy, who knows what he's talking about, all but confirm it, but then Jeff Siebert also apparently confirmed this at The Beast final ride. I'm not sure I'd trust anything from this guy if he claims its not a Disko when very credible sources have stated that it is.

Now it won't be like the normal Diskos that are around now but it will be a Disko none the less.

I'm thinking Avatar will actually be more like a Rockin' Tug, in that the seats face one another, I have heard they will be skateboard shaped...

but what does that have to do with Avatar? shouldnt that be rocket power??

But the seats facing one another, NOT IN A RING, would be more family friendly, which is the goal, the ride will kinda bee like a pirate ship, that spins, on the same track thing as disk'o

does anybody follow that?

Well, Jeff Siebert did not come out and say that it was a Zamperla Disk-O. He said that it was similar to the Zamperla Disk-O coaster that had been discussed on Coasterbuzz. He said that renderings of that ride and the rest of NIck Universe would be released in January at Enthusiast events such as No Coast Con and East Coaster.

Thanks to the Giggling Green Ghost, I've put up some pictures indicating where I think some of these NU attractions will go. Enjoy:

user posted image

Blue Highlight: SpongeBob SquarePants: Crash Course Boating School

Red Highlight: Danny Phantom Flyers

Green Highlight: Possible Nicktoons Cafe

Yellow Highlight: Plankton's FearFall

Purple Highlight: Possible Nicktoons Shop

Pink Highlight: Nick Carousel

White Highlight: Little Bill Taxi Chase

Orange Highlight: Lazytown Sporticopters

user posted image

Red Highlight: Fairly OddCoaster

Blue Highlight: Jimmy's Space Bumpers

Green Highlight: Backyardigans Swing-A-Long

Orange Highlight: Flying Dutchman's Revenge

user posted image

Red Highlight: Avatar Coaster

Blue Highlight: Unknown Bi-Planes Ride

Green Highlight: Dora's Railway

Well, Zamperla does make a full size (all ages) version of Rockin' Tug with seats that face the inside like the Rocking tug, and it does have a skateboard theme. Zamperla calls it the Skater.

I got to ride one at the Minnesota State Fair, and between it and the Disk'o I rode at Mt. Olympus, I personally prefer the Disk'0.

But that would fit what Jeff said, it isn't the rumoured Disk'o coaster, but "something similar". Same manufacturer, differnt car style, so they could take the extended Disk'0 ride and do any mods to it needed (if any) to run a Skater car on it. The ride seemed to be a flop for the Minnesota State Fair, the standard Skater. The MNSF does not offer pay-one-price, and I saw very few people willing to shell out the $2 to ride the skater.

I wonder what else they might be getting from Zamperla, since the Danny's phanton ride could very well be a themed Zamperla Kite Flyer. (Passengers ride laying down on their stomachs), and the parks current Bi-Planes ride and Atom Ant's both came from Zamperla. Who knows they may even have a carousel figure workshop...