PKI Needs a Hyper coaster bad!

felix

I was just at PKI on the 20th, day after fathers day and since it was so empty i was able to ride everything 3 or 4 times each! The time though i was loving everything, even ITJST I rode it 3 times, Short but awsome. Delirium was closed so i missed that but i the whole time when ever i was on Drop Zone or SOB i kept looking around to where a new big Ride could be put in and i just felt the day would have felt complete if i could have rode a fast Hpyer coaster. To me i love what PKI is doing with the park but i feel what they really need the most to make the park well rounded would be Millenium styled ride. I was thinking it could go either where days of thunder is and back behind SOB cuz who really wants to pay money to ride go carts at PKI. If not there then make another path by Flight of Fear and have it back there. What do you think? Any other ideas?

I was just at PKI on the 20th, day after fathers day and since it was so empty i was able to ride everything 3 or 4 times each! The time though i was loving everything, even ITJST I rode it 3 times, Short but awsome. Delirium was closed so i missed that but i the whole time when ever i was on Drop Zone or SOB i kept looking around to where a new big Ride could be put in and i just felt the day would have felt complete if i could have rode a fast Hpyer coaster. To me i love what PKI is doing with the park but i feel what they really need the most to make the park well rounded would be Millenium styled ride. I was thinking it could go either where days of thunder is and back behind SOB cuz who really wants to pay money to ride go carts at PKI. If not there then make another path by Flight of Fear and have it back there. What do you think? Any other ideas?

PKI could use a new coaster but i am not sure they are ready for a Hyper Coaster. KI has the image of being a Family Park and I think that is what they are trying to stick with. I would like to see another woody added to the park.

PKI already has a Hyper. SOB. LOL. I know you are refering to a steel hyper coaster. I wish those gigas could go upsidedown. Think of it. MF is 310ft and what if at the bottom of that hill they added a 290ft upsidedown inversion. That would be awsome if you really think hard.

PKI could use a new coaster but i am not sure they are ready for a Hyper Coaster. KI has the image of being a Family Park and I think that is what they are trying to stick with. I would like to see another woody added to the park.

I agree because look what happened to CP. They havent made a family coaster in a while. The last few things they made MF, Wicked Twister, Maxair, TTD. Thats going to get alot of money from roller coaster lovers but for like a person under 48 inches, it isnt much of a park for them. But i would like to see a steel coaster like the SOB or beast that is exciting.

We have a top gun coaster we dont need that theme as combat dude said PKI is aim at theming attractions to the movies they own and they want it to be family-type- rides like IOA or Disney and dont say PKI and the other paramount parks will never be disney or IOA.. yes they will in due time.

^Giggling green ghost is right, a hyper coaster would be nice but theres nothing to theme it to and it doesnt meet KI's promotional focus, Someone said theme it to Top Gun or Braveheart. Uhm, well If I recall correctly, there was no track beneath the airplanes in Top Gun and we already have a Top Gun themed ride, and how do you theme a hyper coaster to Brave Heart? That just makes no sense at all. Star Trek would be an all right theme for a Hyper Coaster, but, wheres the theme? Italian job is themed to be a movie stunt driver, but I dont really see how a hyper coaster would work for star trek, you cant put a story line and it wouldnt feel like your in space. A hyper coaster is not in the works for PKI, its jsut obvious.

We have a top gun coaster we dont need that theme as combat dude said PKI is aim at theming attractions to the movies they own and they want it to be family-type- rides like IOA or Disney and dont say PKI and the other paramount parks will never be disney or IOA.. yes they will in due time.

PKI will never be or look like a disney park. For that to happen PKI would have to alot of flowers all the time and much better theming that cost more money. Now say if they make a ride with good AA's and not the cheap ones that where in PT sure its a start. Just wait PKI will tell use soon what or where the new ride will be or if a new ride will come? PKI already has a Hyper coaster.

PKI will never be or look like a disney park. For that to happen PKI would have to alot of flowers all the time and much better theming that cost more money. Now say if they make a ride with good AA's and not the cheap ones that where in PT sure its a start. Just wait PKI will tell use soon what or where the new ride will be or if a new ride will come? PKI already has a Hyper coaster.

Vortex I bet you didnt know that roy disney and walt helped design Kings Island.Also Paramount is just starting to get the ball rolling they will be a studio type park soon enough.

About the flowers, A little known fact is that all the flowers in the park are replaced EVERYDAY (or everyotherday) I was at Beast Buzz waiting and they were putting in new flowers, also waiting to get into paramount theater, there were new flowers. Dont say that there arent enough flowers! cowboy.gif

Every time I hear someone saying PKI needs to get a hyper coaster, all I hear is...

I am retarted doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo!

Give it up! PKI doesn't NEED a hyper coaster. I wouldn't mind one, but they don't need it.

And yes, I did quote a song there.

Vortex I bet you didnt know that roy disney and walt helped design Kings Island.Also Paramount is just starting to get the ball rolling they will be a studio type park soon enough.

Perhaps that is true about the design and that is perhaps why PKI was such a FANTASTIC place back in the day. As for it being a studio park soon enough, meh. No matter how hard they try.....I'll never view it as such. Italian Job is a super fun ride, really, but honestly I don't find the theming to be all that detailed. Aside from the helicopter scene, a bunch of road signs placed along the tracks don't qualify as "detailed" theming to me. Sorry to burst your bubble or offend anyone, but it is what it is. If they want to be all about the theming and studio experience, I'm totally down with that. I enjoy those types of rides. But darn it, do it right and keep it up.....cause an average Italian Job ride always includes something malfunctioning on the effects. Thats all I'm saying.

As for the hyper, it'd be nice to have a large steel coaster at the Park. It most likely wouldn't be my cup of tea, cause I bet they'd go with B&M. The B&M Speed Coasters are pretty forceless (like most new B&Ms are) and really are very family friendly. Thats the style of hyper I could see the Park building, if they were to build one at this point. Lets just hope the next major attraction they build is actually an addition.....instead of a replacement for an existing ride.

Italian Job is a super fun ride, really, but honestly I don't find the theming to be all that detailed. Aside from the helicopter scene, a bunch of road signs placed along the tracks don't qualify as "detailed" theming to me. Sorry to burst your bubble or offend anyone, but it is what it is. If they want to be all about the theming and studio experience, I'm totally down with that. I enjoy those types of rides.

As for the hyper, it'd be nice to have a large steel coaster at the Park. It most likely wouldn't be my cup of tea, cause I bet they'd go with B&M. The B&M Speed Coasters are pretty forceless (like most new B&Ms are) and really are very family friendly.

You don't find the theming all that detailed? Are you blind? What IS theming to you, exactly? I think IJST is the best-themed ride in the park, even higher above any of the HB or NC rides. It IS what it is? Hell yeah, it is! After going on it with some of my non-coaster freak friends, I discovered that the park hit the right note with IJST, even if the line for the ride isn't four hours long like FOF was when it opened. IJST is a great family ride that the park was looking to install for a good while. Anyone can ride it and have a hell of a time.

Now, about how you think that B&M speedsters are 'forceless.' Which B&M did you ride to make this comparison? I'll admit that I haven't been on many B&Ms, however, the few that I've been on have proven to me that B&M is a company that makes coasters that are smooth as glass, provide a LOT of easily-manageable punch and don't knock you up. I will agree with you somewhat that they are fairly 'family-friendly,' however dropping 220 feet at 78 miles an hour (like Son of Beast at least) doesn't seem all that family-friendly to me.

Hmm...I wonder what movie you could theme such a big, TITANIC hyper coaster to? Don't know at all. . .

As for rocket coaster. . . there are all sorts of space theme movies Paramount has done.

Actually, I agree with those who say PKI doesn't really need a hyper coaster. Cedar Point has the bigger coasters. There is a definite difference between going to CP and PKI and it's that PKI is a family and theme park where CP is a thrill park.

That's not a bad thing, either. I personally can only take a day at CP, but I love spending three days at PKI. It's more relaxing and feels more like a vacation. Plus CP just seems like a park that you go to with college friends. PKI is where you take your family when you're older.

I personally think a monstrous hyper coaster would be out of place at PKI. Let them stick to what they do best--originality.

Can you tell that Kings Island gets a major coaster every 3 to 4 years. Do you think that PKI will get a floorless coaster. I hope they do in the next 3 to 4 years. They have all that land back were The Racer is.

You don't find the theming all that detailed? Are you blind? What IS theming to you, exactly? I think IJST is the best-themed ride in the park, even higher above any of the HB or NC rides. It IS what it is? Hell yeah, it is! After going on it with some of my non-coaster freak friends, I discovered that the park hit the right note with IJST, even if the line for the ride isn't four hours long like FOF was when it opened. IJST is a great family ride that the park was looking to install for a good while. Anyone can ride it and have a hell of a time.

Now, about how you think that B&M speedsters are 'forceless.' Which B&M did you ride to make this comparison? I'll admit that I haven't been on many B&Ms, however, the few that I've been on have proven to me that B&M is a company that makes coasters that are smooth as glass, provide a LOT of easily-manageable punch and don't knock you up. I will agree with you somewhat that they are fairly 'family-friendly,' however dropping 220 feet at 78 miles an hour (like Son of Beast at least) doesn't seem all that family-friendly to me.

No blindness here, thanks, I see very well. Is Italian Job the best themed ride in the Park? Honestly, no, I think Tomb Raider takes the cake on that. Its themed from the queue all the way to the ride. Italian Job has a helicopter scene, which is well done, and the cop cars are a nice touch. Outside of that? If you call random road signs and a two sided structure with "Parking" at the top of it detailed theming, sorry, but doesn't fit the bill IMHO. It is, indeed, a FUN FUN ride though, I never said it wasn't. Again, please, I'm not knocking the ride. I enjoy it, I just don't find it to be the most AMAZINGLY themed attraction like some folks on this board seem to think.

As for the B&M comment, I've ridden all the B&M Speed Coasters and there are only about 5 B&Ms in the country that I have not ridden yet. So I think I have a fair amount to compare. Basically, any of the rides they built before......around the year 2000 were balls to the wall intense. Since then, the rides have been tamed down tremendously and lack the intensity that the older rides did. The Speed Coasters, despite being high, offer little to no force. The airtime is very floaty and very light. Raging Bull is probably the best of the bunch, it has wicked first drop.

- Todd, who agrees that Italian Job is a great family ride

I agree.  PKI needs something big that is steel.

Have you missed that coaster over in Coney mall called The Vortex? Thats big and steel.

I don't think that in this day and age of roller coasters it is completely accurate to describe Vortex as "big". When it was built nearly 20 years ago, it was, but not now.

Most of the recent additions at PKI are not wastes of space. IJST is a very fun family coaster, and has theming that is uncommon for seasonal theme parks. While the theming is no where near Disney or Universal, it is nice to see a ride with this amount of theming. IMO, all the rides the park has added since 2003 have been winners, and seem to be really popular with the GP.