Slingshot

gburn07

Hey I know a pretty off topic question here since no one really talks about the extra paying attractions there. On TV i saw that slingshot at another park and it just looks sweet. I never really looked at the one at PKI because i'm usually too busy riding everthing else. I checked the site and found out it is a hefty $25 for it. So, for anyone that has ridden it b4, it it worth the $$ or should i buy three hot dogs with the money instead laugh.gif

I don't really think they ever charge the full 25. The last two times I went It was only 10. Yes it is worth it even if it is the full 25 (but only for you first ride). After that, I wouldn't ride it again unless they are having a discount.

^ Everytime someone gets off of Slingshot they say that they love it and would love to do it again even if its not their first time. I work on the crew so yeah, I think its worth it just from seeing all of the guests faces and hearing about it all the time after they ride.

I've heard that Slingshot is the tallest of its kind.

PKI's Slingshot shoots up 265 ft. The Slingshot at Old Town in Kissimmee, Florida shoots up 365 feet. It also doesn't have the ball around the seats. It's pretty much two Drop Zone-style seats connected to the cables. I've ridden it and it's crazy, especially when you shoot up higher than the giant Skycoaster!

I know that PKI`s Skyflyer has been running deals for most of this year, and I believe last year, for flights at $10 a person. Also, Slingshot has been having specials, on some days, for Flights of $15 or $20, which is still a lot, but better than $25 a person.

• 2 months later...

Slingshot goes on my worst pay-ride. It goes so quick, your not scared, and you don't feel your stomack flop. All you do is go up and down, you go upside down but you don't relize it. I payed 12.50 not 25. It's fair but I don't recommend it.

The best is the EXtreme Skyflyer. It's scary enough a bag/vest is holding you, but your laying down, you get lifted in the air, at a slow pace. Then the person on the right has to pull the rip cord, so your in charge of yourself falling, which is very scary to do. Then the feeling of falling is great, your adrenaline is pumping, you feel the wind in your face, it feels like your just dropping, before you go into swing mode, which is cool. That feeling of falling is even scarier, because right below you is rocks. I think this is deff. worth the money.

If you didn't like Slingshot then ride it with the restraint loose! It is so much scarier when you sling up to the top, then on the downward pull you slide out of your seat and basically the only thing holding you in is the belt from your crotch to your restraint. Now that is scary (and also a tad painful on your manhood!).

PKI's Slingshot shoots up 265 ft. The Slingshot at Old Town in Kissimmee, Florida shoots up 365 feet. It also doesn't have the ball around the seats. It's pretty much two Drop Zone-style seats connected to the cables. I've ridden it and it's crazy, especially when you shoot up higher than the giant Skycoaster!

Wow that is high. I have never rode the one at PKI do you really ever notice you are up that high.