Strickers Grove

Strickers Grove, located in Ross Ohio, is open to the public just a couple days a year, The Fourth of July, and Family Day which is always the second Sunday in August.

Here is the information that Debbie over at Strickers Grove wanted me to pass along to all of you interested in attending this 4th of July!

Strickers Grove is open from 3-11. Fireworks start at 10.

Parking is $4

Admission to the park is free!

If you wish to ride, you can buy individual tickets:

1 ticket = $1

6 tickets = $5

13 tickets = $10

An all day ride bracelet = $12.75

Each ride is 1 ticket except for the tornado roller coaster which is 2 tickets.

I put up a small website full of pictures I took of the park last year when I visited. You can check out those pictures right here!

If you get a chance, ride the very back seat of the Tornando! You will be in for a treat!

See you at the Grove,

Bill

I think Stricker's is also open to the public for one day in October (if not, September).

On those days the park charges a flat POP, where parking is free, and rides and soft drinks are included.

I last went a couple of years ago, and it's definitely worth visiting if you've never been. The Tornado and Teddy Bear are good wooden coasters, and I agree with Bill on Tornado... there's some sort of dip that is ejector-style!

They also got Cedar Point's old Schwabinchen ride, which last ran in 2002, though I don't know if it has been installed yet. There's even some flying scooters, among the several flats they have. Also, check out the minature train ride.

For food, you can either bring your own, or buy a good grilled meal of burgers or hot dog, corn, and potato salad, for $5 or less!

I am pretty sure it is still in a bunch of pieces in the back of the park. And did they ever get that mini train ride working again??

Also, I think the park was only open the 3rd day last year because ACE was in town for Fall Freak Out.

Strickers Grove is the perfect example of an amusment park from years ago. Every ride they have is classic, along with keeping them in perfect condition. The folks that work there make every effort to make sure you have a great time. The Teddy Bear is a reproduction, built by Mr. Stricker himself, and a great coaster for children. Everyone is correct, the Tornado is another great coaster. If you have never been there it is worth your trip to see this wonderful, classic amusment park and take a step into the past.

The Tornado is also a reproduction built by Ralph Stricker. The Teddy Bear is a replica of the one that used to reside at Cincinnati`s Coney Island. The Schwabinchen, as I understand it, will not be ready until 2006, becuase they are refurbishing it before they install it in the park.

I used to go to Stricker`s every year, because my Dad`s plant picnic was there. After P&G outsourced most of Ivorydale a couple years ago, I no longer made it out there. This year, though, his union is having a picnic at Coney Island, which is another great park.

Stricker`s is a wonderful small park, buried amongt the corn fields in northwestern Hamilton County. The Tornado has some of the most wicked air time on a wooden coaster, that I have ever felt! That is one ride where I was thankful I had a seatbelt on!

The Schwabinchen, as I understand it, will not be ready until 2006, becuase they are refurbishing it before they install it in the park.

Is it supposed to be a coaster? What kind? Yes, the tornado does get killer airtime and Al Collins helped design it, he also designed The Beast.

I looked at some pics on coaster gallery and it looked pretty cool.

Don't get too excited. People who see this thread on a PKI forum and see the actual park will most likely be dissapointed. If you're a coaster enthusiast and just want to ride the Tornado for the sake of riding it, so be it, but the coaster really isn't much, the average type of family coaster you'd find at a private picnic park. (I pass the park about 5 times a week, I live in Harrison, about minutes away.) If anyone is familiar with Rocky Glen Park, Tornado has been compared to it's former Comet. The other coaster, the "Teddy Bear", well I think the name says it all. Just assuming people are expecting a higher level quality of a park then what SG really is.

The Tornado is a fun little roller coaster. I think a ride like that would fit in perfectly at Coney Island. It would not take up a lot of space, and would be a fun ride for lots of people to enjoy. I highly doubt Coney will ever install a ride llke that, but one could hope it would happen! wink.gif

The Tornado is a fun little roller coaster. I think a ride like that would fit in perfectly at Coney Island. It would not take up a lot of space, and would be a fun ride for lots of people to enjoy. I highly doubt Coney will ever install a ride llke that, but one could hope it would happen! wink.gif

Ironically, the other coaster the Teddy Bear was made using the blueprits from the Teddy Bear at Coney Island.