Nights of Fire July 2-4

During the day, enjoy live music throughout the park, antique costumes, and banjos playing and dancing through the streets. On Saturday, the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade returns, where kids and adults can sing and dance in the streets with their favorite Nick characters. And this year, there are even more characters, more floats, and tons more excitement in store!

Dining options for the holiday weekend include the All-American Independence Day Buffet that the whole family can enjoy. Families can enjoy the all-you-can-eat smorgasbord of southern fried chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, plus dessert and soft drinks for just $9.99 for adults and $5.99 for kids. Click here to purchase tickets now!

Paramount's Kings Island Nights of Fire returns each night at 9:00 with a firework spectacular. Plus, this year you can enjoy it all in 3-D! These awe-inspiring displays of eye-catching pyrotechnics will light up the skies, so make plans now to join us for a memorable 4th of July celebration weekend!

Paramount's Kings Dominion will have Fireworks on the 2nd, 3rd, this coming weekend and also on the 4th of Monday. Paramount's Kings Island is on the same day as Paramount's Kings Islandd Nights of Fire but Paramount's Kings Dominion will start at 10:00PM and will last till 10:30. Have fun at your Nights of Fire!

If your fireworks start at 9:00pm then yes... your rides will close at 8:00pm. Paramount's Kings Dominion's fireworks will start at 10:00pm and our rides will close at 9:00pm. biggrin.gif

Whoa! Wait a minute! You say the fireworks will start at 9:00pm every night?! On Saturday the 2nd pki will close at 12:00am! On Sunday the 3rd pki will close at 11:00pm! And on Monday the 4th pki will close at 10:00pm! What the censored.gif !

PKD fireworks all start at 10:00 and will close at 10:30 all weekend and Monday. What the censored.gif !

Whoa! Wait a minute! You say the fireworks will start at 9:00pm every night?! On Saturday the 2nd pki will close at 12:00am! On Sunday the 3rd pki will close at 11:00pm! And on Monday the 4th pki will close at 10:00pm! What the censored.gif !

I'm not sure if you're talking about PKI or PKD, but at PKI, the fireworks do go off around 9, with ride closures happening throughout the day in preparation for the event. The park is open for a few hours after the fireworks, and it is suggested by both the park and myself (from personal experience) to stick around and ride some rides after the fireworks, because it's like the running of the bulls into the parking lot immediately after the fireworks. I remember last year on the 4th how the exit was so crowded that they began letting people exit through the admin lot. Fun times.

Im talking about pki. You guys could stick around rideing the rides after the fireworks but pkd guest can't because after the firework the park is immediatly closed. Paramount wants pki on top thats why and don't care all about all thier other parks... dry.gif

Paramount's Kings Dominion will have Fireworks on the 2nd, 3rd, this coming weekend and also on the 4th of Monday. Paramount's Kings Island is on the same day as Paramount's Kings Islandd Nights of Fire but Paramount's Kings Dominion will start at 10:00PM and will last till 10:30. 

Who cares?

I will be there for all three nights of the fireworks - I'm off on Saturday (will be spending a lot of time at the water park...), working 3:45-close on Sunday and 11:50-8 on Monday. Not sure what time HB will close before the fireworks, but you can't beat getting paid to watch fireworks for 30 minutes or so wink.gif

I've been told that the fireworks are at 10. Its not even dark at 9 pm right now, so how can you see them?

Also, make note, the Tower will be closed from 8 pm each night til nearly 11 pm, for a VIP only party, which people must win tickets from radio contests to see.

All I can say is that Rozzi`s Fireworks have been busy the last couple of weeks preparing for this holiday. By no means their signature event, they have a lot of displays this weekend. They have the three Nights of Fire displays this weekend at PKI. Then there was the UC Big East celebration with fireworks yesterday (Friday). Then on Sunday, Coney has its Baloon Glow, with Rozzi`s fireworks at 10, and then the Cincinnati Pops has a Concert on the 4th with Fireworks, not to mention that Rozzi`s is also doing the Red White and Blue Ash firework display, and I believe a display somewhere downtown. And those are just the displays in the Cincinnati area. Rozzi`s also supplies the fireworks for Disneyworld, I believe.

I have done some work with the "rozzi's" if you will. The Rozzis concentrate on the BIG shows, perhaps PKI's show, and the small shows are done by sub-contracted pyrotechnicians, who work for rozzis. I have met the guy who developed the firing system ( http://www.pyromasterllc.com/ )in which WEBN uses, and more than likely PKI use, as well as Disney, as he told me. For example, This 4th of July, I will not meet any Rozzi, but we will be using Rozzi's fireworks. Our show normally worth about $10,000 dollars and usually lasts about 20 minutes. The largest shell that was shot last year was 6 inches. Recently last spring, I helped with show that was choreographed and there were shells as large as 12 inches (picture a shell the size of a medium sized turkey you would have for thanksgiving) it ran about $14,000 dollars.

And by the way, contrary to popular belief, Rozzis do not make ALL (they do make some) of their fireworks. Many are still ordered from China. Most of the ones I seen for our show was from Vulcan.

According to the sheet PKI was handing out, Rozzi`s was responsible for their Nights of Fire. While they may subcontract out their pyrotechnics they are still the company that the park deals with. By far, their signature event is the Toyata WEBN fireworks on Labor day weekend. That display is the BIG thing in Cincinnati that weekend!

The Beast and Vortex will be closing at 8:00 pm because they shoot of the fireworks around that aera. they will re-open after the fireworks. they do it every year.

PKIboy, once again, you are wrong! YES, The Beast and Vortex both closed at 8:00 for the fireworks, but NO, they both did NOT open up afterward.